I have no patience for................

Comments

• PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    imalive said:

back to topic:

"judge" judith sheindlin

or

"dr" oz

I'm with you...add Dr. Phil to the list....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Yikes! Glad to hear Mr. Hedonist is safe. Please, Jedi Hedo, be safe on your drive to the salon.

The impatience and selfishness of other drivers makes my blood boil. There are some winners out there.
    ELITIST FUK
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Thank you, sweetie. And I will.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    hedonist said:

Fucking IDIOTS who make a u-turn in the middle of a busy four-lane boulevard because they can't wait an extra three minutes for a light to change.

A bit ago today, some dipshit sideswiped my husband's beautiful 2010 Camaro SS. We were commenting just this morning how it's still in such pretty shape since he bought it.

More than anything I'm beyond grateful he's not hurt (though the time in between him texting me one word - "accident" - and then not hearing anything back for a good half-hour took my mind to some dark and fucked up places).

Caught in a mix of relief, anger and wanting to bawl. (interesting - just as I'm writing this, he sent me the same message, almost verbatim)

How I would love to beat the shit out of this thoughtless person (the other guy! Not my husband. I want/need to hug him.) Use your mirrors. TURN YOUR FUCKING HEAD AND LOOK.

Sorry - just had to let it out.

Got a hair appt. in an hour which I hope will help me chill some. Ha!

*edit to Rob - you're lucky I'm distracted otherwise I'd give you some shit for your JJ comment ;)

:frowning:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    this place. I want a refund.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    wow! mr and mrs hedo roll in a camaro ss :tired_face:

how was your hair appt? did you see any celebs while you were there?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

wow! mr and mrs hedo roll in a camaro ss :tired_face:

how was your hair appt? did you see any celebs while you were there?

Hey now, he worked really hard to get that car and pay her off! And I'll have you know that Scott Settlemire has a photo of said Camaro hanging in his office (we call it "Snake in the Grass"; actually a pretty badass shot).

Anyway, just saw the photos of the damage - she really took a beating, worse than I'd imagined. Hoping it's not considered a total loss.

Amazing how someone's momentary negligence can affect others. Talk about no patience (roundabout-ing it back to the topic).

As to the hair appt, it was soothing and needed...and note that there are some days it's just us peons :angry:

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    People who stick gum under tables at restaurants.

Two questions - who are you going to restaurants with that do this, and if they don't, why are you feeling underneath the tables at restaurants?

Did ya ever stick your gum under your desk at school?

I have no patience for people who chew their gum loudly or subject me to see it rolling around in their mouth while they speak.

when I was a kid, we used to go to sn old fashioned soda fountain (Isaly's).....there were thousands of pieces of gum under the counter.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Poopy diapers
    www.cluthelee.com
    have we covered peple who don't pick up after their dogs? :rage:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    hedonist said:

Two questions - who are you going to restaurants with that do this, and if they don't, why are you feeling underneath the tables at restaurants?

I have no patience for people who chew their gum loudly or subject me to see it rolling around in their mouth while they speak.
    Spent about ten years running a few different restaurants. It is astonishing how many people actually do this. Even in bars where there are no children present. Look under the table the next time you go out to eat. If there's no gum, the place is dilligent about scraping them weekly.

To your other question, no I had the horrible habit of swallowing it. I guess that puts me in the same class as Rob.

I didn't read above before I posted. Glad your hubby is safe as well.
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728

hedonist said:

Spent about ten years running a few different restaurants. It is astonishing how many people actually do this. Even in bars where there are no children present. Look under the table the next time you go out to eat. If there's no gum, the place is dilligent about scraping them weekly.

To your other question, no I had the horrible habit of swallowing it. I guess that puts me in the same class as Rob.

I don't know about the same class as Rob, but you definitely have similar hobbies. =)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    big brother.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

hedonist said:

I don't WANT to check under the tables!

There's a great scene in Tootsie (one of my favorite films) and in it, Sidney Pollack spits his gum
    into a napkin/ashtray. Other people can do this too.

And thank you, sir :)

hedonist said:

Fucking IDIOTS who make a u-turn in the middle of a busy four-lane boulevard because they can't wait an extra three minutes for a light to change.

A bit ago today, some dipshit sideswiped my husband's beautiful 2010 Camaro SS. We were commenting just this morning how it's still in such pretty shape since he bought it.

More than anything I'm beyond grateful he's not hurt (though the time in between him texting me one word - "accident" - and then not hearing anything back for a good half-hour took my mind to some dark and fucked up places).

Caught in a mix of relief, anger and wanting to bawl. (interesting - just as I'm writing this, he sent me the same message, almost verbatim)

How I would love to beat the shit out of this thoughtless person (the other guy! Not my husband. I want/need to hug him.) Use your mirrors. TURN YOUR FUCKING HEAD AND LOOK.

*edit to Rob - you're lucky I'm distracted otherwise I'd give you some shit for your JJ comment ;)

Is the car ok or is it in a coma? Did you have to give it mouth to mouth? So many unanswered questions.....

But seriously glad the husband is ok.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

hedonist said:

Is the car ok or is it in a coma? Did you have to give it mouth to mouth? So many unanswered questions.....

But seriously glad the husband is ok.
    snake in the grass is in bad shape :cry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    people who can't use apostrophes correctly.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    imalive said:

People who can't quote great literature correctly.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    imalive said:

Me too. It's rampant.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    imalive said:

Says the man who can't spell!

People who get in the way of domination!

• JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    criminals of the dangerous nature
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    The people who have to stand at the grocery and clean the husk off of the ears of corn. There was a lady pulling every little individual hair of silk off today. I grabbed a few ears, did the ear feel that I was taught to do (oh how you guys are going to run with that one) and off I went. My corn was not quished or rotten. It was quite delicious and I didn't have to skin it naked in the produce section, leaving husks and silks all over the floor.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I hope when you felt the stalk it was hard. If not I'm sure it was after the feel.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    JWPearl said:

criminals of the dangerous nature

Whoa! Batgirl!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    deadendp said:

The people who have to stand at the grocery and clean the husk off of the ears of corn. There was a lady pulling every little individual hair of silk off today. I grabbed a few ears, did the ear feel that I was taught to do (oh how you guys are going to run with that one) and off I went. My corn was not quished or rotten. It was quite delicious and I didn't have to skin it naked in the produce section, leaving husks and silks all over the floor.

I always do that. It takes about 30 seconds to get the husk off the corn. I mean they put garbage cans there next to the corn for a reason. I think most stores use that stuff for composting now anyway. Damn note I want grilled corn.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    Why do people take the husk off, how do you bbq it properly without the husk?

• Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790

Why do people take the husk off, how do you bbq it properly without the husk?

Spread butter all over it and then wrap with foil really well. I prefer it this way personally.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle