1235»

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Total troll thread & attention seeking.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427

JH6056 said:

JT214511 said:

Call me a troll, but my personal opinion is that the Foo Fighters are generic, super radio-friendly bro rock with catchy, but annoying, melodies. Sure, they're not exactly the same as Nickelback, but to me they're in the same class as Nickelback. I won't question Dave Grohl's authenticity, but if what he shows the public is his authentic self, then it is way too cheesy for my taste. Everyone lauds Dave Grohl's rock and roll "fuck you attitude" but compared to Vedder and Pearl Jam, Grohl and Foo Fighters seem so rehearsed and professional, which is the antithesis of rock in my book.

I don't think having a sound that appeals to everyone is a bad thing.

Working your music a bit is not a rock and roll faux pas. Are you telling me that... oh... say 'Let it Die' is rehearsed and professional, while 'The Fixer' isn't?
    I feel like hes saying that Dave Grohl himself as a person seems to be a bit full of himself and ridiculous with a " I rock man, rock on, ya totally man" attitude where Eddie just kind of doesn't seem like such a fool in that way I guess you'd say. He just plays the music and naturally puts on a good show and isnt so damn annoying. Thats where Dave Grohl himself almost seems rehearsed like hes just putting on a act and its not real hes not feeling it like Eddie does. You can hear it in there music to, Pearl Jams real they dont need to rehearse it, it just comes out naturally when they play. But you can hear in Dave's lyrics and his voice he doesn't feel to much clearly his words aren't even close to as deep as Eddie's. You think they would have like one killer tribute song to Kurt Cobain but they probably dont because Daves writing sucks. He should of just stayed as a drummer and let someone that knows what there doing be the frontman. Dave also has to be everywhere which annoys me. Hes all about the media to it doesn't matter where you are your hearing about Dave Grohl in some way. He is definitely the type of person to have a series on HBO, I wasn't surprised lets just say that. If Kurt were to look at Dave Grohl right now i'm sure he would think hes a joke, not that it really matters but Dave definitely went in the complete opposite direction on how Kurt was feeling.

This is too funny! Dude you're really on a mission, this guys has really gotten under your skin, hasn't he? Well, again, you are totally entitled to your opinion. And just because others here or even the folks in Pearl Jam love him (and make no mistake, the members of PJ consider him a VERY CLOSE FRIEND and a musician they admire tremendously), that doesn't mean you need to love him or even like him.

That said, I find it totally ironic that some of the people you're holding up as being so real and superior musicians LOVE Dave Grohl and most of what he stands for. I witnessed with my own very eyes, the year the Foos started and toured with Mike Watt and Hovercraft, I witnessed Ed kinda hiding behind a speaker onstage watching the Foos set and ROCKING THE FUCK OUT. He was ALL IN, he was having such an intense time.

And seriously, if overexposure is bothering you that much, I find it that much more crazy that Dave Grohl is whose media presence you're disgusted with! Seriously? Which of his media projects to do you find so distasteful, and why are they so much worse than Lady Gaga or U2 or Maroon 5? They are so much more dramatically over-exposed (although I still like a lot about U2 and even Lady Gaga from a showmanship perspective), why is it Dave Grohl that you've targeted for despising every aspect of his presence? To be honest you sound really bitter about something and it's a total mystery why...?
    I think me not liking him is bothering you to much. I just think he's extremely overrated and that there's a lot better singer/songwriters out there, like way better. I never once said I really liked any of those bands or artists you mensioned but at least they can all sing.Could care less if Eddie likes them main video of Dave with Pearl Jam is them playing kick out the jams and they really could of done it without him head banging with a tambourine like a idiot. I also still doubt Eddie would throw on a Foo Fighters album after knowing what music hes in to. I made this thread just to see if anyone else felt the same way but clearly im preaching to the wrong crowd. Just do one thing for me and name one good Dave Grohl line where it actually hit you and you were like shit thats a great line. Or show me one video where his voice even sound remotely good.
    Ok, this pretty much settles it: GardLivingston89 clearly had a girlfriend break up with him because either he wasn't Dave Grohl, or he wasn't even in a Foo Fighters cover band. It's hurting him, it's eating away at him.

That's it, that's the only thing that can explain this level of misery about Grohl.

Dude it's all gonna be ok. Put in your personal ad that you hate Dave Grohl - there's someone for everyone out there, and you're gonna find the girl who feels the same. Beauty of the internet!
  • Lol okay guys you can think what you want. That's fine by me I don't know you. Its alright ive found some people who know there music. Didnt realize every Pearl Jam fan likes Foo Fighters to its kind of sad really considering Pearl Jams so much better. Truth is you guys are blind. For some reason you've got Dave on some sort of great pedestal. When he so far from good. Compare him to someone like Ben Harper as a singer/song writer. Dave Grohl is pretty much a child next to him. But no hes great hes great oh my god he can sit in a chair with a broken leg and play the guitar and scream his face off ...so much talent. I wish Mark Arm was a member on here. A man who knows his music and would tell you guys to wake up and that the Foo Fighters fuckin suck and are pretty much on a Nickelback level.
  • Total troll thread & attention seeking.

I'm not seeking any attention you can fuck off. I just know shitty music when I hear it and wanted to know if anyone else felt the same way because for some reason the foo fighters are such a huge band when there shitty which i've explained probably 10 times now. Hows that seeking attention? Because you guys want to argue with me about it over and over again. Even though you all know my thoughts wont change. Nothing that any of you say is going to make Dave a good frontman and thats final. Im done here.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I like how you tell off one reasonable member at a time and justify how saying someone sucks as the title of your thread isn't trolling.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Im a pretty happy guy dont find myself to be miserable at all. Ive just always bashed shitty music and always will.There I changed the title happy? Dont comment if you like him.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

JH6056 said:

JT214511 said:

Call me a troll, but my personal opinion is that the Foo Fighters are generic, super radio-friendly bro rock with catchy, but annoying, melodies. Sure, they're not exactly the same as Nickelback, but to me they're in the same class as Nickelback. I won't question Dave Grohl's authenticity, but if what he shows the public is his authentic self, then it is way too cheesy for my taste. Everyone lauds Dave Grohl's rock and roll "fuck you attitude" but compared to Vedder and Pearl Jam, Grohl and Foo Fighters seem so rehearsed and professional, which is the antithesis of rock in my book.

I don't think having a sound that appeals to everyone is a bad thing.

Working your music a bit is not a rock and roll faux pas. Are you telling me that... oh... say 'Let it Die' is rehearsed and professional, while 'The Fixer' isn't?
    I feel like hes saying that Dave Grohl himself as a person seems to be a bit full of himself and ridiculous with a " I rock man, rock on, ya totally man" attitude where Eddie just kind of doesn't seem like such a fool in that way I guess you'd say. He just plays the music and naturally puts on a good show and isnt so damn annoying. Thats where Dave Grohl himself almost seems rehearsed like hes just putting on a act and its not real hes not feeling it like Eddie does. You can hear it in there music to, Pearl Jams real they dont need to rehearse it, it just comes out naturally when they play. But you can hear in Dave's lyrics and his voice he doesn't feel to much clearly his words aren't even close to as deep as Eddie's. You think they would have like one killer tribute song to Kurt Cobain but they probably dont because Daves writing sucks. He should of just stayed as a drummer and let someone that knows what there doing be the frontman. Dave also has to be everywhere which annoys me. Hes all about the media to it doesn't matter where you are your hearing about Dave Grohl in some way. He is definitely the type of person to have a series on HBO, I wasn't surprised lets just say that. If Kurt were to look at Dave Grohl right now i'm sure he would think hes a joke, not that it really matters but Dave definitely went in the complete opposite direction on how Kurt was feeling.

This is too funny! Dude you're really on a mission, this guys has really gotten under your skin, hasn't he? Well, again, you are totally entitled to your opinion. And just because others here or even the folks in Pearl Jam love him (and make no mistake, the members of PJ consider him a VERY CLOSE FRIEND and a musician they admire tremendously), that doesn't mean you need to love him or even like him.

That said, I find it totally ironic that some of the people you're holding up as being so real and superior musicians LOVE Dave Grohl and most of what he stands for. I witnessed with my own very eyes, the year the Foos started and toured with Mike Watt and Hovercraft, I witnessed Ed kinda hiding behind a speaker onstage watching the Foos set and ROCKING THE FUCK OUT. He was ALL IN, he was having such an intense time.

And seriously, if overexposure is bothering you that much, I find it that much more crazy that Dave Grohl is whose media presence you're disgusted with! Seriously? Which of his media projects to do you find so distasteful, and why are they so much worse than Lady Gaga or U2 or Maroon 5? They are so much more dramatically over-exposed (although I still like a lot about U2 and even Lady Gaga from a showmanship perspective), why is it Dave Grohl that you've targeted for despising every aspect of his presence? To be honest you sound really bitter about something and it's a total mystery why...?
    I think me not liking him is bothering you to much. I just think he's extremely overrated and that there's a lot better singer/songwriters out there, like way better. I never once said I really liked any of those bands or artists you mensioned but at least they can all sing.Could care less if Eddie likes them main video of Dave with Pearl Jam is them playing kick out the jams and they really could of done it without him head banging with a tambourine like a idiot. I also still doubt Eddie would throw on a Foo Fighters album after knowing what music hes in to. I made this thread just to see if anyone else felt the same way but clearly im preaching to the wrong crowd. Just do one thing for me and name one good Dave Grohl line where it actually hit you and you were like shit thats a great line. Or show me one video where his voice even sound remotely good.
    Choke
    https://youtu.be/eBG7P-K-r1Y
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • 63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    It's one thing to not like him, but it's another to just say he sucks. That makes the person sound like they have no idea what they are talking about. I mean the Foos are pretty great to listen to and see live... They are just a great rock band that you know what you are going to get. They aren't trying to be PJ or anything different. Just a straight up rock band and yeah, most of their stuff sounds similar but it's like a summer blockbuster movie... Entertaining as hell.

Personally, I don't care for The Beatles or The Stones but I respect the shit out of Macca or Jagger (Not that I am putting them on their level).

Music needs more people like DG, no matter if you like him or not.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

Im a pretty happy guy dont find myself to be miserable at all. Ive just always bashed shitty music and always will.There I changed the title happy? Dont comment if you like him.

Thank you I think this helps quite a bit.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • No problem.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120

I watched it its slightly impressive , singing is still horrible tho and it also just seems like something he would do. "Ya man im up here playing with a broken leg everyone look at me in my cool thrown". Heres something more impressive http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/05/22/20-tough-athletes-who-played-through-injuries/

I get it that you find DG a subpar singer, songwriter and musician. Ok, however I think you are subpar in your analysis of him when he plays a stadium concert with his broken foot in a cast and you compare his toughness or lack there of to athletes. Excuse me mister BUT athletes ARE SUPPOSED to be tough, they're trained that way. A musician isn't trained/programmed that way, this comparison of yours shows a very weak side of your complaints of DG talents.

Please try and come up with something else that makes sense because this point that you tried to make here is BEYOND weak. I can understand why some here have stated you are in the realm of being a troll.

Peace be with you...

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• You seem to be angry with people in disagreement with your fundamentally poor assessment of a rock legend. Are you surprised people are vehemently defending Grohl? You shouldn't be. If you thought this thread was going to awaken people to the absurd notion that Dave Grohl is a poser... you were badly mistaken. Even a fool would know that coming on here and persisting on flaming Grohl or any other outstanding person in rock was going to elicit strong opposition.

I don't own one Beatles CD or have any of their music in my library. They simply do not do it for me, however I would be an idiot to make a bold assertion to knowledgeable people that they suck with pop lyrics like, "I wanna hold your hand." My dislike for their music does not translate to a complete lack of respect for their obvious accomplishments. To say, "I recognize shitty music and all you people just don't know shitty music" would be idiotic.

Let this one go, man. We heard you.

Breathe in so I can breathe you out.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

You seem to be angry with people in disagreement with your fundamentally poor assessment of a rock legend. Are you surprised people are vehemently defending Grohl? You shouldn't be. If you thought this thread was going to awaken people to the absurd notion that Dave Grohl is a poser... you were badly mistaken. Even a fool would know that coming on here and persisting on flaming Grohl or any other outstanding person in rock was going to elicit strong opposition.

I don't own one Beatles CD or have any of their music in my library. They simply do not do it for me, however I would be an idiot to make a bold assertion to knowledgeable people that they suck with pop lyrics like, "I wanna hold your hand." My dislike for their music does not translate to a complete lack of respect for their obvious accomplishments. To say, "I recognize shitty music and all you people just don't know shitty music" would be idiotic.

Boom
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120

You seem to be angry with people in disagreement with your fundamentally poor assessment of a rock legend. Are you surprised people are vehemently defending Grohl? You shouldn't be. If you thought this thread was going to awaken people to the absurd notion that Dave Grohl is a poser... you were badly mistaken. Even a fool would know that coming on here and persisting on flaming Grohl or any other outstanding person in rock was going to elicit strong opposition.

Another great assessment with your example of the Beatles. I think I have one maybe two albums of the Beatles, they're the last set of music I'd play and listen to them. I don't hate them, I don't dislike them they also just don't do it for me either. I also feel they are slightly overrated, some people think of them as the very TOP of the pedestal of music....not me. I respect their music, I can listen but they're the last that I'd reach for in my vast catalog to play.

HOWEVER, individually though I think they are great and I CAN listen their music on their own. My favorite of the Fab Four being George Harrison. So OP you can continue with your thoughts of DGs lacking talents I'm not here to change your mind just here to make points to the latter and leave it there. ......And like PJ would say in one of their songs on......JUST BREATHE.

PEACE

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

Total troll thread & attention seeking.

I'm not seeking any attention you can fuck off. I just know shitty music when I hear it and wanted to know if anyone else felt the same way because for some reason the foo fighters are such a huge band when there shitty which i've explained probably 10 times now. Hows that seeking attention? Because you guys want to argue with me about it over and over again. Even though you all know my thoughts wont change. Nothing that any of you say is going to make Dave a good frontman and thats final. Im done here.

Hey, good morning! I let the mods know you said so!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Thread closed.
    Please read the Posting Guidelines: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines

Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

etc.
This discussion has been closed.