Edward Snowden & The N.S.A Revelations

1141516171820»

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    greatest interweb thread in interweb thread posting history
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Why, thank you Sir! :D
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    sure would be great if this "patriot" stood for his actions in the same way that Chelsea Manning did.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited July 2014
    What? By going to jail for thirty years? He's already stood for his actions by being trapped in a country that he had no intention of going to, and by relinquishing his freedom.
    mickeyrat said:

sure would be great if this "patriot" stood for his actions in the same way that Chelsea Manning did.

explain?
    Byrnzie said:

What? By going to jail for thirty years? He's already stood for his actions by being trapped in a country that he had no intention of going to, and by relinquishing his freedom.

Hes run from the very rule of law he was defending.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

Hes run from the very rule of law he was defending.

He's run from a government that persecutes whistleblowers.
    rule of law...chicken or egg
    does snowden have run from the rule of law if laws werent broken in the first place.
    (im still waiting 12 years now for those sleeper cell terrorists to slit my throat rape my wife shoot my son and hang my dog in the dark of night, maybe their still sleeping)
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    dignin said:
    Personally I believe this but it is one of those things we'll never know for sure. The intelligence community will always insist he did irreparable damage while Greenwald and others will always argue he did not.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:

dignin said:
    Personally I believe this but it is one of those things we'll never know for sure. The intelligence community will always insist he did irreparable damage while Greenwald and others will always argue he did not.

Did you read the Greenwald piece?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    edited June 2015
    dignin said:

JimmyV said:

dignin said:

I read the CBC piece you posted and skimmed the Greenwald piece. The lengthy assault on other journalists to start kind of buries the argument he is making.

Honestly, I don't care much whether Miranda visited Snowden or not. As soon as he stole those documents they became vulnerable. I don't buy that Snowden handed them over in exchange for asylum, but I do believe that both Chinese and Russian computer experts could have cracked his secret code.

Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:

dignin said:

JimmyV said:

dignin said:

I read the CBC piece you posted and skimmed the Greenwald piece. The lengthy assault on other journalists to start kind of buries the argument he is making.

Honestly, I don't care much whether Miranda visited Snowden or not. As soon as he stole those documents they became vulnerable. I don't buy that Snowden handed them over in exchange for asylum, but I do believe that both Chinese and Russian computer experts could have cracked his secret code.

Yeah, definitely a possibility. Assuming the story they cracked the encryption is true. Assuming a lot of things considering these are some high stakes politics and were dealing with a bunch of spooks. Western governments have a pretty large motive to paint Snowden in an even more negative light. I don't know what to believe yet, but as Greenwald points out, these are all allegations coming from anonymous sources, so I think reserving judgment is the right course of action.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    “Edward Snowden has violated an obligation he undertook to the United States when he signed agreements as part of his employment by the CIA and as an NSA contractor,” Assistant Attorney General Jody Hunt said in a statement.
    Since he is no longer employed by the CIA nor contracted by the NSA, what obligation does he have and how did he violate it?