Fantasy Baseball League 2015

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    In this league you truly are Amongst the Ani, going solely by the fact that two of us have teams nicknamed the 'Assholes'
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

I have my top 3. Make or break as well.

Just a heads up for the non degenerate thread members my forum name has changed. cdysinge = Amongst the Ani now.

How'd you do that?
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Here was the process:

1. Rob decided he wants to rid all user names that don't make sense to him so he started pestering me to change my name.
    2. F Me came up with this name which is awesome.
    3. I begged 10c and played to the fact everyone was just complaining and sent a very nice email begging for the change.
    4. 10c took pity and changed it. They even sent me back a very nice email thanking me for my kind words.

Pretty simple.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    edited May 2015

Here was the process:

1. Rob decided he wants to rid all user names that don't make sense to him so he started pestering me to change my name.
    2. F Me came up with this name which is awesome.
    3. I begged 10c and played to the fact everyone was just complaining and sent a very nice email begging for the change.
    4. 10c took pity and changed it. They even sent me back a very nice email thanking me for my kind words.

Pretty simple.

Cry baby.

I say that in the nicest possible way!
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Holy Ani! I have 7 points for today. Has to be the worst day so far this season. 7 points! lol.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Change your team name to Dodgers Suck Ani
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    Done. Great idea.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

Done. Great idea.

:lol:

Damn you are easy
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Having a 9 point lead against jedis, I thought I may get a little break today with several teams having off days. Not only can jedis field most of a roster, but he's got 4 starters going today including kluber, wilson, and burnett. I can already see that 9 point lead vanishing.

I wonder if I can change my ww vote? Lol

Having a 9 point lead against jedis, I thought I may get a little break today with several teams having off days. Not only can jedis field most of a roster, but he's got 4 starters going today including kluber, wilson, and burnett. I can already see that 9 point lead vanishing.

Wow...my roster is empty today. With the 3 guys I do have playing, I hope they don't K. Could be a negative day for me
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

That brings up a thought on Streaming. How do we protect against streaming in the playoffs? In years past I had a 35 roster add limit for the season in my leagues. (Not counting trades just WW pick ups) We already have teams that would have spent their moves!

I like the idea of daily add capability because it seems whacky that you need to wait half a week to see if your bid wins but I can see how pissed I would be if we got to playoffs and someone streams SP the whole week. That is fucked.
    Can we change the settings prior to playoffs to keep the play above board? Change it back to the way it is now or something? Streaming is for the Ani of the fantasy world.
    The protection against streaming is allowing Monday through Friday ww claims only. Or dropping the SP maximum to something g like 7 or 8 games a week.
    edited May 2015

The protection against streaming is allowing Monday through Friday ww claims only. Or dropping the SP maximum to something g like 7 or 8 games a week.

Can we change the claim period as we go into playoffs? If not than I would probably change my vote as well, lol. I hate streaming within a week. No issues with people turning over the roster but doing it within a week just to get extra starts is bs come playoff time.

I think dropping the SP max per week changes the entire game. Streaming is not part of the game -- roster makeup/strategy is. Carrying more SP and less Hitting is a season long strategy and is not impacted by the score in any given week or matchup....
    I don't think I can change the SP limits. But whatever the ww days change to (if they do) it will stay that way throughout. If you want to stream during the playoffs, there's nothing stopping you. It is what it is...
    2 more people need to vote. Currently 3 votes for every day. 2 votes for Monday thru Friday. 1 vote for sunday, wed, fri. 2 votes for no change.

The last two owner votes matter. Please vote. If you want to change your vote, post it here and on the league page before sunday.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    JMO but I kinda think its crazy to change the rules during the season in a money league if there isn't a major issue

I have spent a lot of my budget based on the ww rules as is

I valued spending early to find players that I plan on keeping as long as their play allows me to

I planned to spend the majority of my budget in the first 3 months to establish a team that will do well enough that I don't have to spend so much in the 2nd half

And while I agree with Brett about hating to play in a "daily pitching grab" league, if this is what the league rules allows, then one must grab pitchers to keep up with their opponent

And at this point, I have the least amount of a budget to do so

But i can adapt if needed

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

Eric convinced me. "He's convinced me, give me my dollar back." :)

I would like to change my vote from Daily to no change. Anti-streaming vote.

(No, Chad, not Ani-streaming!)

https://youtu.be/sn9nnOkASDg
    edited May 2015
    ed243421 said:

JMO but I kinda think its crazy to change the rules during the season in a money league if there isn't a major issue

I have spent a lot of my budget based on the ww rules as is

I valued spending early to find players that I plan on keeping as long as their play allows me to

I planned to spend the majority of my budget in the first 3 months to establish a team that will do well enough that I don't have to spend so much in the 2nd half

And while I agree with Brett about hating to play in a "daily pitching grab" league, if this is what the league rules allows, then one must grab pitchers to keep up with their opponent

And at this point, I have the least amount of a budget to do so

But i can adapt if needed

You are absolutely correct. I am not a fan of changing rules during a season. And the only reason I started the debate was because I was getting emails asking if it could be changed.

Again, I screwed up at the beginning of the season. I thought it was 3 times a week. Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday. For those that want everyday, i think youd find 3 times a week would be acceptable. Same for the guys that want to keep it as is. It still prevents streaming but gives some more flexibility when you're in a pinch.

I voted on the poll for mon-fri, but I'm changing that vote to sun, wed, and friday.

Updated:

2 more people need to vote. Currently 2 votes for every day. 1 vote for Monday thru Friday. 2vote for sunday, wed, fri. 3 votes for no change.

Change my vote as well from everyday to 3 times a week. That should give it enough votes to just do it.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    If this is all just to be able to fill an open roster spot on a given day, couldn't we just add a roster spot or 2 to each team?
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

ed243421 said:

If this is all just to be able to fill an open roster spot on a given day, couldn't we just add a roster spot or 2 to each team?

I think the rosters are good sized...my previous desire for every day was more that I didnt want to wait when a guy got hurt or you decided to cut bait on them and toss them in the ditch to have a replacement. Additionally, it pools the bidding potentially and makes it tougher to gauge your spend.
    ed243421 said:

Can't edit the roster sizes after the draft. That is something that will have to be done next year. Hopefully, most of you will play again next year and this pilot season will iron out all of the kinks.
    edited May 2015
    On the league chat page, team garbage pile changed his vote to 3 times a week.

Fyi, I gave JD (team garbage pile) the link here so he can read the discussions. Obviously he can't talk here. You can reach him on the chat page or through the league email. He is active and will respond within a day.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    Yeah, after further thought into this, I'd like to change my vote too from everyday to keeping it as is or adding the Friday.......giving teams the chance to gorge on pitching every weekend would blow for those of us that have been active on the waiver wire and have done so keeping in mind that having to keep some of these pitchers, we were investing in the long term because of the dent it was putting into our payroll......that being said, I like how pitching is in essence making or breaking your matchup each week because for the most part, hitting can be pretty much a wash...
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto

Yeah, after further thought into this, I'd like to change my vote too from everyday to keeping it as is or adding the Friday.......giving teams the chance to gorge on pitching every weekend would blow for those of us that have been active on the waiver wire and have done so keeping in mind that having to keep some of these pitchers, we were investing in the long term because of the dent it was putting into our payroll......that being said, I like how pitching is in essence making or breaking your matchup each week because for the most part, hitting can be pretty much a wash...

There is a down side to the streaming. Most of us have had a big fat -15-20 point game from pitchers stinking up the joint. I'm not at all a fan of streaming. I don't think adding Friday would cause streaming.

When you mention the long haul, it reminds me of the keeper discussion we had earlier this year. I'm hoping, if we can keep a core of 6 or 8 of the same owners, we can make this a 2 or 3 man keeper league in the future.
    Monster game for Chris sale today. Damn I needed that. Hopefully stinking jedis pitching Shits the bed tonight.
    Would love to do keeper.

Would love to do keeper.

I asked about it before the draft and nobody seemed interested. You've got some good ones to keep.

Would love to do keeper.

I asked about it before the draft and nobody seemed interested. You've got some good ones to keep.
    Yeah but I did pass on Trout with pick #1. For a keeper (would need to know how many years we can keep for) a Trout or Harper might be better than a top young pitcher seeing how pitchers get hurt so much or fade away a-la Timmy Linci-crapper. We could draft next year with keepers that would be fine too.
    You can't go wrong with a trout or harper or kershaw or felix. You'd have a guy that will be there for a long time.