B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Henrik Lundqvist​ won his NHL record 6th straight Game 7. His six Game 7 wins also tie him with Brodeur and Roy for the most in League history.
    I miss igotid88
    I miss igotid88
    Andrew Shapiro ‏@AndrewShapiro10 53m53 minutes ago
    5/13/13: Henrik 35 saves, Rangers win Game 7
    5/13/14: Henrik 35 saves, Rangers win Game 7
    5/13/15: Henrik 35 saves, Rangers win Game 7
    I miss igotid88
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    I don't know about everyone else in here, but I feel like I played in this series and I can't even ice skate. Some postgame notes since I'm still on their media list:

SEVENTH HEAVEN – The Rangers have now posted a 9-5 record in Game 7s in franchise history, including a 7-0 record in all-time Game 7s at MSG. The Blueshirts are the only NHL team who has played at least four Game 7s at home and has won each contest. The Rangers have won each of the last six Game 7s they have played, dating back to the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals in 2012 against Ottawa. The Blueshirts’ six consecutive Game 7 victories are tied for the NHL record (Detroit – 1949-1964; Boston – 1983-1994). New York has also won nine of its last 10 Game 7s, dating back to the Patrick Division Semifinals in 1992 against New Jersey. Five of the Rangers’ last six Game 7s, including each of the last three, have been 2-1 victories for the Blueshirts. The Rangers’ nine all-time wins in Game 7 of a playoff series are tied for fifth among all NHL teams, and their seven all-time wins in Game 7 of a playoff series at home are tied for fourth among all NHL teams.
    - COMEBACK KIDS – New York became the first team to rally from a three-games-to-one-deficit and win a playoff series in back-to-back years in NHL history (also did so in the Metropolitan Division Finals against Pittsburgh in 2014). The Rangers have won a playoff series after trailing the series three games to one for the second time in franchise history. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the Blueshirts are the second team in NHL history who has won two playoff series when trailing three games to one over a two-year span (Minnesota rallied from a three-games-to-one deficit in two consecutive series during the 2003 Playoffs).
    - BACK AGAIN – The Blueshirts have advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals for the second consecutive season, and for the third time in the last four years (2012, 2014, and 2015). The Rangers have advanced to the third round of the playoffs in back-to-back seasons and three times in a four-season span for the first time since the NHL adopted a four-round playoff format in 1974-75. The Blueshirts are the first Eastern Conference team to reach the Conference Finals three times in four seasons since New Jersey did so between 1999-00 and 2002-03.
    - ROUND ’EM UP – The Rangers are tied with Chicago for second in the NHL in playoff rounds won (eight) since the start of the 2012 Playoffs. The Blueshirts’ eight playoff series wins in a four-year span are tied for the most in any four-year span in franchise history (the Rangers won eight playoff series between 1994 and 1997).
    - STAYIN’ ALIVE – The Rangers have won each of their last 10 playoff games when facing elimination at Madison Square Garden, dating back to Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals in 2008 against Pittsburgh. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, New York's 10-game winning streak when facing elimination at home is an NHL record. The Blueshirts have won 14 of the last 17 playoff games in which they have faced elimination, dating back to Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals in 2012 against Ottawa. New York has also won eight of nine playoff games when facing elimination since the start of the 2014 Playoffs.
    - LUCKY 13 – New York has won Game 7 of a playoff series on May 13 in three consecutive years (2013 Eastern Conference Finals at Washington, 2014 Metropolitan Division Finals at Pittsburgh, 2015 Second Round vs. Washington).
    - WORKING OVERTIME – The Rangers played a Game 7 which was decided in overtime for the fourth time in franchise history (the others were: 1939 Semifinals at Boston – lost 2-1 in the third overtime; 1950 Stanley Cup Finals at Detroit – lost 4-3 in the second overtime; 1994 Eastern Conference Finals vs. New Jersey – won 2-1 in the second overtime). New York earned its fourth overtime win in the 2015 Playoffs, establishing a franchise record for the most overtime wins in the playoffs in one year. The Blueshirts recorded an overtime goal to win a playoff series in two consecutive series for the first time since 1997 (Eastern Conference Quarterfinals against Florida and Eastern Conference Semifinals against New Jersey).
    - SHUTTING THE DOOR – The Blueshirts have allowed two goals or fewer in 10 of 12 playoff games this year, including nine of the last 10 games. New York leads the NHL in goals against per game (1.67) in the playoffs this year.
    - CLOSE CALL – Each of the Rangers’ last 14 playoff games, including each of their 12 playoff games in 2015 and all seven games in their second round series, has been decided by one goal. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, New York’s streak of one-goal games in the playoffs is the longest streak in the NHL’s modern era. In the playoffs, 17 of the Rangers' last 18 games, 19 of their last 21 games, and 20 of their last 24 games have been decided by one goal. Also according to the Elias Sports Bureau, this year’s Rangers-Capitals series is the second seven-game series in which all seven games were decided by one goal (the other was the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals between Washington and Boston in 2012).
    - CAP-SIZED – New York has defeated Washington in a playoff series in three of the last four years (2012, 2013, and 2015). Each of the three series was seven games in length, and four of the last five playoff series between the Rangers and Capitals have been seven-game series (2009, 2012, 2013, and 2015). The Blueshirts have won five of nine all-time playoff series against the Capitals.
    - POWER SURGE – The Blueshirts were 1-for-4 (7:48) on the power play in the contest. Including the regular season, New York has tallied a power play goal in each of its last two contests, seven of its last 13 games, eight of its last 15 games, and 10 of its last 19 games. The Blueshirts have posted a 5-0 record when outscoring their opponent on special teams in the playoffs this year.
    - KILL ZONE – The Blueshirts were 3-for-3 (6:00) on the penalty kill in the contest, and finished the series 14-for-15 (93.3%) on the penalty kill. New York has not allowed a power play goal in each of the last six games (13-for-13) and in nine of the last 10 contests (22-for-23; 95.7%).
    - PLAYING THE GAME – Tonight’s contest was the Rangers’ 69th playoff game since the start of the 2012 Playoffs. The Blueshirts have played more playoff games than any other NHL team over the span. The Rangers also rank third in the NHL in playoff games played since the 2005-06 season (105), trailing only Detroit (123) and Pittsburgh (108). New York also leads all Eastern Conference teams in wins (36) since the start of the 2012 Playoffs.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    and some postgame quotes:

Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers goaltender

On winning the series…

“It’s hard to describe. You think a lot throughout the game, you try not to be ahead of yourself or anything like that but it’s hard not to. You know everything is on the line. The last five minutes of the third period and overtime you know one mistake and it’s all over or you are moving on. It’s such a great feeling when you see the puck go in. This series was fun. Washington played really well and [Braden] Holtby was outstanding. For me personally it was a great challenge to try to match that and stay in the game. It’s fun when you feel like you are doing your part and then there are moments where the team steps up and scores the big goals.”

On the closeness of the series…

“I have been thinking like that all series because [Braden] Holtby has been playing that well and it’s been hard for us to sometimes create big chances. I felt like the first two periods were a little more open and then in the third you could see it was two teams that knew that the next goal is going to be huge. So we still created some big chances. It’s just a good feeling being part of this group. We’ve been through so many things over the last few years. You learn from it and you appreciate those moments, even though you have to move on and you can’t keep stopping. But it definitely helps that we’ve been part of so many different things throughout the years and in this situation we are confident in this group and how we play. In the end it all comes down to just one play. It was close a couple times that they got the win [in other games]. But the puck was on our side and it’s just fun to get another chance.”

On coming back to win after being down in the series 3-1…

“I think it’s important that you stay focused on the positives. They [Washington] won three out of the four but it was close games. That’s important to know that you don’t need to change much to win a game. It you feel like you have to do so much more, you might be in a tough spot. But we knew that we were very close, there were a couple things, the puck might need to bounce our way a little bit more and try to solve [Braden] Holtby and we did. It starts with confidence and that you can do it and take one game at a time and we did a great job.”

· Derek Stepan, New York Rangers forward/alternate captain

On his game-winning goal…

“Well they are a good faceoff team and all series long we’ve talked about faceoffs with all the forwards, involving everybody. It’s a 50-50 puck and Jesper (Fast) is able to get his stick on it and poke it back to Keith (Yandle) and from there we have a one-timer set up and we get a fortunate bounce.”
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    igotid88 said:

Wow, that was fun. Bring on the bolts
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    igotid88 said:

Sucks that Corey Crawford who has been terrible save for 1 game is closer to the Cup than Hank

Crawford has been an absolute beast for 5 straight games. But King Henrik is right there in the same position now! Hoping for the Hawks/Rangers final that I wanted so badly last year!!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    badbrains said:

igotid88 said:

Cally's out for the Bolts, and we all know how important he is.

So, I'm thinking Rangers in 5.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    igotid88 said:

And this year & last was by a score of 2-1. 2013 screwed it up the pattern with a 5-0 score.
    dankind said:

badbrains said:

igotid88 said:

Not so fast on cally, he's practicing with a regular practice jersey today. He's gonna play in the series no doubt.
    badbrains said:

dankind said:

badbrains said:

igotid88 said:

Not so fast on cally, he's practicing with a regular practice jersey today. He's gonna play in the series no doubt.
    Dude, he's got stitches in his gut. He's not going to be able to play to his full potential.

Sure, his presence might boost morale for the team -- I mean, we know that he'd pretty much have to be immobilized to sit out a series (Chara shot to the ankle, anyone?) -- but he's as good as out.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

badbrains said:

dankind said:

badbrains said:

igotid88 said:

Dude, he's got stitches in his gut. He's not going to be able to play to his full potential.

Sure, his presence might boost morale for the team -- I mean, we know that he'd pretty much have to be immobilized to sit out a series (Chara shot to the ankle, anyone?) -- but he's as good as out.
    He's skating with a full contact jersey on.
    badbrains said:

dankind said:

badbrains said:

dankind said:

badbrains said:

igotid88 said:

I'm sorry. I can't type anymore. Ryan Callahan's stupid balls are in the way.

I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

badbrains said:

dankind said:

badbrains said:

dankind said:

badbrains said:

igotid88 said:

I'm sorry. I can't type anymore. Ryan Callahan's stupid balls are in the way.

Hahaha, I was floored when I saw the pic of him at practice today.
    Steve Zipay @stevezipay 2m2 minutes ago
    Angry McDonagh: "embarrassing...stupid, selfish penalties"
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Steve Zipay @stevezipay 2m2 minutes ago
    Angry McDonagh: "embarrassing...stupid, selfish penalties"

Maybe this will wake them up. This team can never win game 2's. Hanks got a losing record in games 2&5 in the playoffs.
    more sloppy play on defense
    I miss igotid88
    Wow, talk about a soft goal Hank. Jesus that was terrible
    Henrik Lundqvist is just the 4th goalie in the last 20 yrs to allow 6+ goals in consecutive playoff games.
    (C.Anderson, M. Fleury & J.Quick)

2 of those guys have a Cup. And I think Quick did that last year.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Henrik Lundqvist is just the 4th goalie in the last 20 yrs to allow 6+ goals in consecutive playoff games.
    (C.Anderson, M. Fleury & J.Quick)

2 of those guys have a Cup. And I think Quick did that last year.

Still, you know, Talbot.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Henrik deserves better
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Henrik deserves better

Sure does.

"The bums will always lose!"

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    streaks are meant to be broken this must really hurt the die hard Ranger fans , after all this yr was the yr to take it all the way ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Brian Boyle and Anton Strålman losing back to back Stanley Cup finals
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Brian Boyle and Anton Strålman losing back to back Stanley Cup finals

Fuck Brian Boyle! Sorry ass glorified nedved
    Talbot to Edmonton for 3 picks. Hagelin and 2 picks to Anaheim for Emerson Etem. Not liking these trades
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Talbot to Edmonton for 3 picks. Hagelin and 2 picks to Anaheim for Emerson Etem. Not liking these trades

Sather being sather
    edited July 2015
    Glen Sather steps down as GM. Stays as president
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Glen Sather steps down

15 years too late