Fantasy Baseball League 2015

Comments

• lutwutchlutwutch Ashburn, VA Posts: 180
    Is there a way to make a bid be $0 or zero? If you are increasing the number of transactions then that would still allow for strategy with your budget and allow for people to still make moves even when out of money. We do that in a football league. You get to scrape the bottom of the barrel but at least you get a replacement if someone is hurt and you have no backup.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth...

'92 Stanhope, '98 Washington, DC (VFC), '00 Merriweather Post, MD, '03 Nashville, TN, State College, PA, Holmdel, NJ, '04 Reading, PA (VFC), '05 Philadelphia, PA, 06 Camden, NJ, East Rutherford, NJ, '08 Camden, NJ (I and II), 09 Philadelphia, PA (II and III), '10 New York, NY, '13 Baltimore, MD, Charlottesville, VA, '16 Hampton, VA, Philadelphia II, 08 Newark, NJ (Vedder Solo), '16 TOTD Upper Darby (I)
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    lutwutch said:

Is there a way to make a bid be $0 or zero? If you are increasing the number of transactions then that would still allow for strategy with your budget and allow for people to still make moves even when out of money. We do that in a football league. You get to scrape the bottom of the barrel but at least you get a replacement if someone is hurt and you have no backup.

That is definitely an option. That too, would have to go up for vote.
  • lutwutchlutwutch Ashburn, VA Posts: 180

lutwutch said:

That is definitely an option. That too, would have to go up for vote.
    That would make things better IMO. You want the best free agents, spend. You want to roll the dice on some scrubs, you can with a zero bid.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth...

'92 Stanhope, '98 Washington, DC (VFC), '00 Merriweather Post, MD, '03 Nashville, TN, State College, PA, Holmdel, NJ, '04 Reading, PA (VFC), '05 Philadelphia, PA, 06 Camden, NJ, East Rutherford, NJ, '08 Camden, NJ (I and II), 09 Philadelphia, PA (II and III), '10 New York, NY, '13 Baltimore, MD, Charlottesville, VA, '16 Hampton, VA, Philadelphia II, 08 Newark, NJ (Vedder Solo), '16 TOTD Upper Darby (I)
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    No controversy here, just questions

Btw Scott, you're doing a great job with this, and not too many polls at all

I'm just not too familiar with chatting on the phone app for espn and I'm hardly ever at my PC

I'm fine with a change, I just wanna make sure it's what we all want

I've been spending based on the fact that this isn't a weekend grab league, but I can adapt

I guess the question is, do we want an "everyday FA pickup" league?

A "Sunday thru Wednesday" pickup?

Or leave it as is?

I'm ok with any, but that everyday is a bit more work

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

ed243421 said:

No controversy here, just questions

Btw Scott, you're doing a great job with this, and not too many polls at all

I'm just not too familiar with chatting on the phone app for espn and I'm hardly ever at my PC

I'm fine with a change, I just wanna make sure it's what we all want

I've been spending based on the fact that this isn't a weekend grab league, but I can adapt

I guess the question is, do we want an "everyday FA pickup" league?

A "Sunday thru Wednesday" pickup?

Or leave it as is?

I'm ok with any, but that everyday is a bit more work

You make a good point that I really didn't think of. I'm in leagues where there is no SP limit and all of a sudden, they have 6 pitchers going on sunday. I'm not a fan of that either.
    I need 11 from Gardner tonight just to tie. Off to a bad start. He's 0-1
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Fuck Gardner. I claim the win now.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    And this is Karma for what I said. Injury, Injury! Injury! Please
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Fuck streaming and I wouldn't do that even if I had all of my money. I always have a transaction limit in my leagues....is there an option to limit the number of transactions per week? ESPN is still new to me. I hate having to wait but I also am fine if someone spends all of their money in half of the year.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587

The older I get, the more difficult it is to shit. It's very sad.

The older I get the more I think I'm going to shit my pants.
    Speaking of shitting your pants, you could not have enjoyed your castoff Michael Brantley putting up big numbers against you this week...he was my best player!
    That said I had some real pitching eggs down the stretch, luckily I had built a big lead.
    Good match-up, round 1 of the Asshole Bowl goes to me. ;)
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

The older I get, the more difficult it is to shit. It's very sad.

The older I get the more I think I'm going to shit my pants.
    Speaking of shitting your pants, you could not have enjoyed your castoff Michael Brantley putting up big numbers against you this week...he was my best player!
    That said I had some real pitching eggs down the stretch, luckily I had built a big lead.
    Good match-up, round 1 of the Asshole Bowl goes to me. ;)
    Fuckin guy was a day to day and didn't play like 4 times in a 2 week span. I finally said fuck him. I did have him in draftkings on one of his big days and I made some cash so it worked out. I still have to get used to this season long thing. I can't just drop people that piss me off :lol:

Congrats, next time the Asshole Cup is mine
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015

Congrats, next time the Asshole Cup is mine

:rofl:
    cdysinge said:

Fuck Gardner. I claim the win now.

cdysinge said:

And this is Karma for what I said. Injury, Injury! Injury! Please

:rofl::rofl:

Needed 11, got 12. You can't stop me, you can only hope to Contain me!!
    The point difference in this league as opposed to one of my other leagues is nuts. Nelson cruz has given me 124 points so far this year in this league. In the other league, he's given me 230 points. Huge difference in strategy.
    Deep Gordon is 44/100 and only has 81 points. He's hitting .440. I hate this scoring system!!
    If anyone knows someone that wants to join the league and take over a team, let me know. One guy is dropping out.
    Did you check with Rob? He mentioned when this started he was interested but missed it.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

If anyone knows someone that wants to join the league and take over a team, let me know. One guy is dropping out.

Is the team better than mine, I may be interested.

Yeah, let's get Rob
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

I'll shoot him a pm
    I haven't had a pitcher go on Monday yet. I'm constantly down 40 pts right off the bat.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

I haven't had a pitcher go on Monday yet. I'm constantly down 40 pts right off the bat.

Haha.

I sent a pm to rob.
    Maybe we can have an Asshole Triumvirate if he chose to name his team as empty and I did.

Maybe we can have an Asshole Triumvirate if he chose to name his team as empty and I did.

we need more ass
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

What does triumvirate mean?
    Lol. Pompey Caesar and Crassus in ancient Rome...when 3 people hold power.
    Obviously used loosely here!
    I made another bone head move and was trying to push the wrong guy out of the league!! Sorry Joey!

Anyway, we still have one guy that still wants to back out. I'm waiting for final verification now. If he decides to stay, all the better. But if he does back out, we need to find an owner for the Brooklyn team. If we can't find a replacement here, would you guys mind if I brought an outside guy in to run the team?
    I've got 3 pitchers today. I'll either be up 60 or down 40 by the end of today.

I made another bone head move and was trying to push the wrong guy out of the league!! Sorry Joey!

Anyway, we still have one guy that still wants to back out. I'm waiting for final verification now. If he decides to stay, all the better. But if he does back out, we need to find an owner for the Brooklyn team. If we can't find a replacement here, would you guys mind if I brought an outside guy in to run the team?

Outside guy? From the Creed boards? Sure, bring him in
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Brooklyn is paying the agreed upon league fee though right? No issues with replacing but it is f'd up if someone bails after starting 0-4 and doesn't pay.

Brooklyn is paying the agreed upon league fee though right? No issues with replacing but it is f'd up if someone bails after starting 0-4 and doesn't pay.

I don't see that he has paid.