Options

Fantasy Baseball League 2015

Comments

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

Getting slapped around, need to get my pitching going!

Hope you're ready for some more pounding!
    You've pounded some ass so far this season
    But I've also taken some pounding too.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Getting slapped around, need to get my pitching going!

Hope you're ready for some more pounding!
    You've pounded some ass so far this season
    You're going to give me a bad reputation
    You're going to put the blame on me?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Why don't you two go get a room and pound each other in private.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

Pretty sure you're next. He's pounded every ass team he's faced
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options

Best post of the month empty. Good job.
  • Options

Best post of the month empty. Good job.
    You pulled a ton of ass to form this league.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Fuck my team
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options

Fuck my team

I'm sure they feel the same way about their owner.

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

Fuck my team

I'm sure they feel the same way about their owner.

I don't give a fuck what they think
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Anthony Rizzo baby!
  • Options

Anthony Rizzo baby!

He's making me money in Draftkings
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options

Anthony Rizzo baby!

He's making me money in Draftkings
    To bad the cubs lost
  • Options
    Weiters is finally back. Nice debut for the season to boot. Too bad hitters dont matter much in our league.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

Weiters is finally back. Nice debut for the season to boot. Too bad hitters dont matter much in our league.

Damn, was that a dig at the league manager?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Just a statement of fact.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    I do need 623 HRs to catch up this week
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    I didn't make the scoring system
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    7 points is a good game for a hitter. What did you expect him to get after a couple hits and rbis?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Hitters certainly matter -- Scott had Rizzo blow up yesterday against me. 15 points.
    Over Rizzo's last 6 games (what you could generally consider 1 week's matchup) he scored 40 points.
    Even if your hitter gets 3 points a game that is 18 points on an average week. A pitcher who averages 18 points a week is pretty damn good.

If you just look at the cream of the crop it is pretty even. Pitchers are more valuable but not by much overall if you are talking about worth. For the Top 10 overall scoring players coming into today 6 are pitchers. For the Top 20 overall scoring players coming into today 11 are pitchers.

If you take a look at the first "page" displaying total scoring for Pitchers and the first "page" displaying total scoring for Hitters you will find the Top 50 Scorers.

Top Hitter's Scoring is Goldy @ 253. 50th Hitters Scoring is Kinsler @ 146.
    Top Pitcher's Scoring is Keuchel @ 252. 50th Pitcher's Scoring is Robertson @ 140.

Look @ the next "page" of 50 and hitters are 146 @ top and 118 @ bottom.
    Pitchers @ the next "page" of 50 are 136 @ top and 101 @ bottom.

This suggests that beyond the top 50 hitters are consistently more valuable.

I know that you can get 2 starts a week and some weeks that means your pitching is significantly more valuable...but others weeks it is not the case if you only get 1 start from the majority of your SPs.

Slice the numbers any way you like but the end result is that hitters certainly matter. Top flight SPs are made more valuable because of the limit on starts per week but Hitters are not as liable to slump out from one year to the next or...worse...get injured.

It is a strange scoring league (the negative points are very different from my normal leagues) but I like that about it and out of the 4 leagues I am in I am most interested in this because of that fact.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I didn't mean for all this. It was a snarky comment because beyond Keuchel my pitchers have sucked the last few weeks. And yes hitters are valuable. The comment was based on how bad pitchers can hit big negatives which has been what happened to me. Good pitching rules, mediocre pitching can ruin your week when they have bad weeks and get shelled. You can get 30 from a great pitcher but lose 16 of if when your other starter that day gets chased out early.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    No worries I was curious how the scoring was playing out anyway. I think there is a course correction coming for many of those top 50 pitchers and hitters but who knows...they could finish out how they have started.
  • Options
    Who is the other LM? He is the one that made up the scoring. I added a couple categories. If I hadnt, we would be getting even less points per game from everyone. But, the way I had it, would have made it a pitching heavy league, so I'm glad it was changed.
  • Options

I didn't mean for all this. It was a snarky comment because beyond Keuchel my pitchers have sucked the last few weeks. And yes hitters are valuable. The comment was based on how bad pitchers can hit big negatives which has been what happened to me. Good pitching rules, mediocre pitching can ruin your week when they have bad weeks and get shelled. You can get 30 from a great pitcher but lose 16 of if when your other starter that day gets chased out early.

Way to stir the pot
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options

Who is the other LM? He is the one that made up the scoring. I added a couple categories. If I hadnt, we would be getting even less points per game from everyone. But, the way I had it, would have made it a pitching heavy league, so I'm glad it was changed.

That was me.
  • Options
    I'm not a huge fan of the lower scoring set up, but it's growing on me. It's a good change of pace compared to some other leagues that score every category. As JD (garbage pile) would verify, if he could post here, a pic her in one of my leagues can pitch 4.0 innings. Give up 8 runs. Strikeout 5 guys. Walk 5 and still end up with 7 points somehow. Here, if a pitcher has that line, you'd be around -20.
  • Options
    I wish I had noticed Puig was activated before the games started today. You guys are in real trouble now. My pitching is coming around and my outfield is top in the league!

You guys will have no chance. I really you feel sorry for you now.
  • Options

I wish I had noticed Puig was activated before the games started today. You guys are in real trouble now. My pitching is coming around and my outfield is top in the league!

And now that you bragged Karma dictates some of your best players hit the dl. When it happens you asked for this.

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

And now that you bragged Karma dictates some of your best players hit the dl. When it happens you asked for this.

Some of my best players just got off the dl.
  • Options
    Cueto has given you a chance, I may have to sit lynn tonight in case he throws up a stinker and a back my way into a loss.
  • Options
    My guys fucking tanked it yesterday -- if I had a good pitching day yesterday I would have been right there. You have me either way, nice win!