are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    g under p wrote: »
    imalive wrote: »
    according to his recent comments, the juggler says you are a sports fraud if you root for any other team other than the one closest to you geographically.

not sure what you're supposed to do if you grow up somewhere but move later on.

the juggler robotically roots for his hometown teams so he can call into his local sports talk radio guys.

I believe even if you move somewhere you DONT change your teams EVER. I moved after growing up in Boston to NYC Brooklyn, DC/MD and now FL. I never rooted for any of those states teams except for the Ravens. I like them only because of my supreme despise of the that team that is named Washington but plays in MD.

NOW this upcoming weekend I'll be rooting heartedly for the Patriots the Ravens will get crushed.

Peace

Amen brother.

Imalive probably roots for the Soviets come Olympic time.

It's called civic pride.

I also believe if you are from a state such as South Carolina I lived there once too....who doesn't have all four major sport teams you have a right to choose teams to root for. However, they should be at least from the same state or area.

There was a guy here who was a steadfast New Yorker, NY teams all the way EXCEPT the Knicks and rooted for the Lakers. He came up with some lame excuse as to why that was the case. I said to him once why the Lakers is it because they win....why not the LA Clippers they're from Los Angeles too and play in the very same arena. I don't think I ever got a legimate answer, to me that's a FRAUD true and through.

Peace

Jason-NYPJ guy? Haha. If that's the guy you're thinking of, he's also a UNC fan for no apparent reason.

For th South Carolina reference, I agree. Usually in that case you should go with whatever team is covered more by your local news stations.

Where haven't you lived?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    imalive wrote: »
    according to his recent comments, the juggler says you are a sports fraud if you root for any other team other than the one closest to you geographically.

not sure what you're supposed to do if you grow up somewhere but move later on.

the juggler robotically roots for his hometown teams so he can call into his local sports talk radio guys.

I believe even if you move somewhere you DONT change your teams EVER. I moved after growing up in Boston to NYC Brooklyn, DC/MD and now FL. I never rooted for any of those states teams except for the Ravens. I like them only because of my supreme despise of the that team that is named Washington but plays in MD.

NOW this upcoming weekend I'll be rooting heartedly for the Patriots the Ravens will get crushed.

Peace

Amen brother.

Imalive probably roots for the Soviets come Olympic time.

It's called civic pride.

I also believe if you are from a state such as South Carolina I lived there once too....who doesn't have all four major sport teams you have a right to choose teams to root for. However, they should be at least from the same state or area.

There was a guy here who was a steadfast New Yorker, NY teams all the way EXCEPT the Knicks and rooted for the Lakers. He came up with some lame excuse as to why that was the case. I said to him once why the Lakers is it because they win....why not the LA Clippers they're from Los Angeles too and play in the very same arena. I don't think I ever got a legimate answer, to me that's a FRAUD true and through.

Peace

Jason-NYPJ guy? Haha. If that's the guy you're thinking of, he's also a UNC fan for no apparent reason.

For th South Carolina reference, I agree. Usually in that case you should go with whatever team is covered more by your local news stations.

Where haven't you lived?

Ah man we moved a lot, in my 9th grade year I went to 3 different high schools in two
    states...SC-Mass back to SC...and born in Kingston Jamaica. Go figure:\"> HATED SC way too country for me.

Yes I think that was the guy....yeah his username was something just like that. He was over the top about NYC except when it came to basketball. New Yorks continuos failure when it comes to sports.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Boy writes letter to all 32 NFL teams asking why he should root for them

http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/carolina-panthers-respond-to-12-year-old-who-wrote-to-all-32-nfl-teams-011215

"If this is the only team that responds to me, I'm a Carolina Panthers fan," he said.

fuck this kid! hahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    where do we stand on declining to become a fan of a partners team because you've already got a team in the same competition?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    where do we stand on declining to become a fan of a partners team because you've already got a team in the same competition?

only thing you can do! fuck your partner. what? oh yeah, I guess you are.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

Root for his or her team until they possibly meet your team them you say, "I gotta do what I what I gotta do.....my team rules". Then prepare yourself to go without sex for awhile.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    i was debating to put this here or the idiot sports fan, but felt like it belonged more so here.
    B7mGsDfCAAAcLo4.jpg
    http://fansided.com/2015/01/17/canucks-fan-wayne-gretzky-jersey-fail-photo/
    oM52VQa.gif
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    He never played for Bancouver! Lol

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Aaron Rodgers cheering hard for Wisconsin last night and sitting right behind their bench. I don't care if he plays in Wisconsin....he went to Cal!!!

Aaron Rodgers cheering hard for Wisconsin last night and sitting right behind their bench. I don't care if he plays in Wisconsin....he went to Cal!!!

Was Cal even in the tournament? For a brief moment I was a bit of a fraud in the early 90's a friend gave me a championship Dallas Cowboys hat as a softball team joke. I wore it for the softball season, thought it brought me luck in that I had my first home run on a 310 & 325ft fence. Then i won mvp in our back to back snowball championship. By fall ball I gave it up and never wore it again.

Yes I can admit for THAT year I was a fraud as I pushed aside the love I have of the PATRIOTS. So.......what's my penalty?

Peace

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Lots of debate in buffalo. People openly cheered for arizona goals yesterday in a huge game for the top pick in the nhl (huge prize in this draft). I think it's fine.
    UK hoops, baby!!!!!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    his daughter goes to nd. he's good on this one...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

Ugh. She would

Tony romo though

Ugh. She would

Tony romo though
    gotta love the undrafted FA, tho.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121

I'm not sure if Cal has an actual basketball team.
    Jason P said:

they had a good squad around '92 with Jason Kidd on their team. I think they went to the elite 8 that year.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Jason P said:

they had a good squad around '92 with Jason Kidd on their team. I think they went to the elite 8 that year.
    Yup

I saw Silver lInings Playbook tonight and there was one scene in it that was perfect for this thread. It takes place in philly so obvious the family, mainly the dad, are diehard Eagles fans, but they have one friend/neighbor who likes the Cowboys and I think the Giants as well (or he just hates the Eagles). Well anywho he was saying Dallas is America's team, blah blah blah. Later on the film he has on Giants gear as well :fp: :lol:" alt=":lol:" />

C'MON MAN it's the movies

it's like in family guy when peter fights a chicken and is all blooded up and the next scene he looks back to normal

i didn't mean it like in the very next scene he was wearing a Giants shirt. I think he liked both the Cowboys and Giants or whomever was playing the Eagles I guess. During the movie he placed bets against them.

de niro had to have called him out as a fraud right? please tell me he did. this movie seems like a classic already...but will be infinitely better if de niro frauds this guy out. :lol:" alt=":lol:" />

you see the Goldbergs episode similar to this?

http://www.bleedphilly.com/blog/2015/02/the-goldbergs-channeled-the-eagles-cowboys-rivalry-last-night.html
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

I saw Silver lInings Playbook tonight and there was one scene in it that was perfect for this thread. It takes place in philly so obvious the family, mainly the dad, are diehard Eagles fans, but they have one friend/neighbor who likes the Cowboys and I think the Giants as well (or he just hates the Eagles). Well anywho he was saying Dallas is America's team, blah blah blah. Later on the film he has on Giants gear as well :fp: :lol:" alt=":lol:" />

it's like in family guy when peter fights a chicken and is all blooded up and the next scene he looks back to normal

i didn't mean it like in the very next scene he was wearing a Giants shirt. I think he liked both the Cowboys and Giants or whomever was playing the Eagles I guess. During the movie he placed bets against them.

de niro had to have called him out as a fraud right? please tell me he did. this movie seems like a classic already...but will be infinitely better if de niro frauds this guy out. :lol:" alt=":lol:" />

http://www.bleedphilly.com/blog/2015/02/the-goldbergs-channeled-the-eagles-cowboys-rivalry-last-night.html

yes sir. that show is great
    chinese-happy.jpg

yes sir. that show is great

i missed that episode. last episode was pretty funny i thought.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Drake, in case someone didnt mention him in the 38 pages.
    edited April 2015

irony is awesome:

http://deadspin.com/tony-romo-and-jason-garrett-are-duke-fans-of-course-th-1539622921

Tony Romo And Jason Garrett Are Duke Fans. Of Course They Are.

Cowboys? Check. Duke? Check. This means they probably have Yankees and Lakers gear laying around the house, too.

WTF?????

Post edited by eeriepadave on
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Romo has wayyyyy to many women throwing themselves at him and I would put money he sleeps around on his beauty queen wife right and left. When I got to go to NFL honors I was floored by how affectionate Olivia Munn and Aaron Rodgers were (lots of PDA) while Romo and his wife barely even looked at each other.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Fuck Tony Romo

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    That Romo / Badger hoodie has to be photoshopped.