On The Road Again or In My Truck v.2.0

mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,423
edited March 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
Partially loaded into the "new" truck. Man I'd like to get it washed. Might have to wait til I'm driving in a hard rain.

New account. 5 days out. Usually weekdays. Have yet to get my first assignment.

Look for daily updates as to location and any dumbass musings from me.
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by mickeyrat on

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Can you drive a handful to Brazil?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,423
    No habla englese.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Alrighty then. First load received. Taking it easy on me to start. Monday I'll drive from Columbus up to Elyria,Oh where the main office is. Take load to Noblesville,In. Some of you may be familiar with that location. ;) Just under 400 miles on the day, maybe 9 hours worked in total.

Nice easy start to get back in the swing of trip planning. Better I do at that, the more miles I can run during the week.

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Promise me you won't do this...

guy actually hit the overpass so hard-with the lift in the upright position-the truck stopped, and the cab did a faceplant.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

Promise me you won't do this...

guy actually hit the overpass so hard-with the lift in the upright position-the truck stopped, and the cab did a faceplant.

Did that because its a cab over engine. Cab lifts like that so you can access engine .

Still what a dumbass.

Loaded in today. Still need to pack clothes and portable battery system I'll use for my cpap machine. Then I'll need to get everything put away. Will have plenty of time tomorrow for that after arriving near delivery site.

This is your captain speaking. Please make sure all trays and seatbacks are their full and upright position. Strap in and hold the fuck on. I've never done this before. Commence screaming now. That is all.

Wonderful Indianapolis, In. Truck in the shop due to epa emissions problem.shop got it in quick. Hopeful the repair gets done tonight. If not , loaner set up and I think a hotel if I cant sleep in the truck.

Decent mattress. Slept well. Deliver at 8 then I dont know where to next.

Load to touchy customer in taylor michicant with a seperate return assignment. Load there is only 250 paid for the day. Tomorrow the same on the return trip but can fit something else or part of something else in too.
    So slow start earnings wise for the week but they need to see how far out they can reasonably plan me.

At our Indianapolis Ops Center for the second night this week. Good day for miles.

More later when I fire up the laptop.

ok, not that anyone seems to give a fuck , but I have seen a couple cool things the past couple days.

Monday was a flock of about 20 wild turkeys followed by a beautiful swan a couple miles later.

Today I saw a turkey vulture sunning itself with wings spread while sitting atop a mostly collapsed out building of a run down farm. Seemed some how appropriate.

Today I also saw the "Makin Bacon" Farm. With a picture of two pigs fucking as the logo.

I seem to be settling back into road living and planning that comes with it for loads. Still getting to know the truck and its quirks. I REALLY wish I had better batteries that lasted longer with the truck shut off. Had my Cpap plugged into truck power and it shutoff on me about 3 hrs into my sleep. Kinda sucked waking up and taking a second to realize what was going on. Fortunately the company has a setup of a deep cycle car battery with an inverter and battery charger system in a bag for us to utilize . which is what I did. Going to use it exclusively going forward.

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I thought you were trying to get a job where you'd be home every night...what happened to that?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    edited March 2015
    financial decision to get "the ring" that you can see over at adbook , makes it so I need to stay a while longer. 3-6 months. need to pay back a loan before I walk. Or try to anyway.

need to clarify, when I got the loan , it was with an expectation that the contract negotiations were going well and in our favor so I would have stayed on the goodyear account slinging tires still. Couple weeks later we found out that the contract was up for bid and that we got undercut by another company. I would rather not pay taxes on that loan money plus the 10% penalty fro "early withdrawal".

Rinse and repeat the past couple days. Same runs. Til Monday. Then I travel beyond Michicant and Indiana. Possible run into Minnesota. Or somewhere else. Was told I load out of Terre Haute then to...........

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    mickeyrat said:

Rinse and repeat the past couple days. Same runs. Til Monday. Then I travel beyond Michicant and Indiana. Possible run into Minnesota. Or somewhere else. Was told I load out of Terre Haute then to...........

How many miles so far this week?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Shit. 1500 add another 350. Getting my feet wet

What a way to end the week. Learning a hard as fuck lesson in Michigan Frost Laws. Cant drive on certain roads between March and May. Show $3200 fine. Deputy said that the final amount would be less when I showed up in court. Motherfucker wrote it out in such a way that the final hard carbon copy that is given the driven is illegible. Have ZERO idea when the court date is.

Company says, we will help on the fine. Unsure what that exactly means.

Hoping to see another state(s) beyond those surrounding Ohio. Want to stretch my legs a bit so to speak.

Will be calling wayne couty michigan clerk of courts to find out some info related to my ticket later.

Load to Ripon Wisconsin. Near Fond du Loc.

Breathe. In slowly. Out slowly.

mickeyrat said:

Breathe. In slowly. Out slowly.

Whats going on?
    edited March 2015
    Got overweight on axle frost law citation last friday. $3170 before reduction in court.Still getting sorted. Boss has alluded to $ help from the account. As there was no knowledge on their part that a section of the road we are routed on is restricted weight.

My breathe in and out was related to a 3 way call with green bay. Fuck those people. Fucking rude.

Was also about my office not knowing this dedicated customer required a dock appt and not an open delivery window.

Loading in Villa Park for Norwich Ct run. Get stretch my legs a bit. 954 actual routed. Paid? 920 or so? Dont know yet. Havent gotten assignment on qualcomm yet. Just verbal info. Nice long ride across 80.

Did get to see a pair of Herons and a pair of Egrets or Cranes. All were pretty good sized.

mickeyrat said:

Did get to see a pair of Herons and a pair of Egrets or Cranes. All were pretty good sized.

So one of our Line-Haul drivers is on vacation this week. I offered to take his run. I tell ya, its like being on vacation. I start at 6pm, do a quick pickup(full trailer at one of our dedicated accounts), then I head 130 miles to Bloomington, Il. I meet another driver there, we switch trailers, and then I head back to the barn. I am working 8-8.5 hours a day, getting paid hourly for the line haul, and loving it. Its like having a weeks vacation.
    Sweet.
    600 mile day today. 300 yet to go. Kinda a downer. Think I saw a dead eagle real close to where one flew over my truck about a year or so ago.

mickeyrat said:

Sweet.
    600 mile day today. 300 yet to go. Kinda a downer. Think I saw a dead eagle real close to where one flew over my truck about a year or so ago.

Next week I go to my regular shift. Which is a good thing, since I will get my overtime hours. But I have to admit, working a simple 8 hours a day is kinda nice. Too bad I am used to that extra money.

Anyway, this Sunday my bride leaves for Mexico. She is going with her mommy and 2 sisters. She will be gone for 10 days.

Looks like the cat and I will be eating plenty of pizza and Chinese!

currently sitting at a Pilot in North Stonington Ct. PU a Staples load in th emorning near Plainfield Ct for another Staples in Terre Haute In with a stop for the weekend at the house

All told that will be approx 2800 miles on the week..

Good end to the week. Wasnt expected til 1000 for pu. I wasnt told that. Showed up at 0700. Pulled out loaded with 40k of Staples stuff at 0815.

Deliver monday. Following load is 43k to Houston. 972 paid. Never been. Did a Greyhound across Texas once. Never again . Lol.