Instant Thoughts (add yours too if you like)

Comments

• rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    TalonTedd wrote: »
    Gonna see my friend, tonight. Jam sesh. Who brought the shesh? 4 strings, one piano and beat box. I love every other Wednesday

jam on talon
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    you
    you are my spare car key
    and you
    you are my cup of tea
    hot
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited January 2015
    had that broken mirror under-foot
    is why fruit rots
    buried in wasted humanity
    all destroyed years as far as all of it

what can not be understood rapes bone
    from within (carcinogens) we are buried
    our only sunshine consumed starves up & down golden staircases that are skyward-pain
    here you can hear apples falling
    pears being peeled, boiled & canned
    with the sound of knives working hard
    but in the easy ways of kissing her

sounding quietly each ear collects
    what each ear collects sounding quietly
    even bunnies in snow whisper their loving sounds
    fear sounds
    while winter still blows its pain against windowsills

birds at the feeder going away full
    she still bathes them in her dreams
    sleeping on that green grass her eyes shut
    behind her eyelids up there
    blue belongs tall above
    moving along
    tugging cloud-shapes at where she has thought of

it must ache for them
    standing broken legs clouds
    so they cry

Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    A cafe without music is a pit stop.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    Maybe a new place? Maybe it won't be so bad?
    Oh, to get up out of this sadness and see some light!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Life sucks and then you die.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Maybe I didn't really love you, but i was in love with saying it....
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

"Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much." - Blaise Pascal
    I haven't seen a spark in years
    I haven't felt whole in quite sometime.
    I haven't the zest for the life I'm living now.
    I haven't the energy or the tenacity that was,
    Once a part of my character.
    I haven't the words to describe just how it is,
    I Feel,
    If I feel anything at all.
    Anything at all.
    I feel I'm walking a tightrope these days.
    Trying to keep calm when I know I might fall and crack my head open at any moment. Using my will to keep stray fears from gaining any energy, using my will to make some kind of plan. I'm determined to bravely approach whatever comes up.

These days, it's not really appropriate for me to be thinking about anything frivolous or unnecessary. Does that make sense? Whatever time I have is valuable.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam said:

I feel I'm walking a tightrope these days.
    Trying to keep calm when I know I might fall and crack my head open at any moment. Using my will to keep stray fears from gaining any energy, using my will to make some kind of plan. I'm determined to bravely approach whatever comes up.

These days, it's not really appropriate for me to be thinking about anything frivolous or unnecessary. Does that make sense? Whatever time I have is valuable.

I know what you mean by frivolous,and unnecessary. And yet sometimes we can't help ourselves.It's part of our nature. I could sit and think about how many more have it much worse.But will that make me feel any better about my situation.And if I put all my attention towards those less fortunate,I'll only view my own needs as selfish. Does that make any sense? Time, Itself is valuable. What you do with it, Is even more important. Irreplaceable,Irreversible.Never let fear decide your fate.
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    edited February 2015
    I sometimes think that time here, is spent frivolously. Then I remember how many great feelings have materialized because of what happenes here. Discoveries are made, misttakes sometimes happen and i learn from them. I need this frivolous place, and it works best for me and others, when I'm caught up with my responsibilities.

Post edited by TalonTedd on
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
    Time has stood still for me lately. I have so much stress,That I'm unable to function.I have so much going on upstairs,It's like a traffic jam in my head. Things I need to do,I can't seem to muster up the strength to carry out. I have headaches now,that I hardly ever had before.I can't seem to prioritize.I have less than two weeks left to find a place,because the house I'm renting sold.It's the middle of winter,So work is slow.My income is at an all time low.I haven't even boxed up anything yet.I just don't know where to start.I need to have a garage sale,But I can't seem to make my way to the garage, to sort stuff out. I'm landlocked in an ocean of thoughts.Maybe it's trivial,Maybe it's frivolous, either way,I'm overwhelmed.I hate starting over.Sometimes I just want to sell everything I own,and buy a backpack. But that would be running away from everyone I love.I don't know if it's me they need,Or me, needing them.Am I just rambling,Or can you understand??
    life is a cool journey that we all can be a part of, good times,hard times it all part of the journey.

Godfather.
    donnaruhl said:

I know what you mean by frivolous,and unnecessary. And yet sometimes we can't help ourselves.It's part of our nature. I could sit and think about how many more have it much worse.But will that make me feel any better about my situation.And if I put all my attention towards those less fortunate,I'll only view my own needs as selfish. Does that make any sense? Time, Itself is valuable. What you do with it, Is even more important. Irreplaceable,Irreversible.Never let fear decide your fate.

I appreciate your thoughts donnaruhl. Thanks for sharing them. :)

I read your other post above (about your own situation) and I hope things get better for you soon.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    TalonTedd said:

I sometimes think that time here, is spent frivolously. Then I remember how many great feelings have materialized because of what happenes here. Discoveries are made, misttakes sometimes happen and i learn from them. I need this frivolous place, and it works best for me and others, when I'm caught up with my responsibilities.

I am grateful for the kind people here. The openness of so many is wonderful!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • absolutely, as above so below, respite in others (and sometimes my own) expression
    Justam, I hope your feeling better soon as well.
    I just got accepted into a rental. A huge weight has been lifted.I can breathe now.I have the freedom to work on the other issues that are clouding my visions for a better life.I can't begin to describe how relieved I feel at this moment. Happy,Happy Joy,Joy! :)
    donnaruhl said:

I just got accepted into a rental. A huge weight has been lifted.I can breathe now.I have the freedom to work on the other issues that are clouding my visions for a better life.I can't begin to describe how relieved I feel at this moment. Happy,Happy Joy,Joy! :)

I wish you all the best, make it happen !

Godfather.

donnaruhl said:

This is good news Donnaruhl! :)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    I'm starting to feel too sad to talk.
    That's not good.
    I know it's not good but I can feel myself drifting in that direction.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam said:

I'm starting to feel too sad to talk.
    That's not good.
    I know it's not good but I can feel myself drifting in that direction.

it would be stupid of me to say "try thinking nice thoughts" but I do understand what you posted I truley know that feeling when it comes upon me but the things I have done to stop that are life changes and choices, I sat many time and thought about what was doing this to me and then I started to pay attention to what was going on around me when this feeling came upon me and noticed things that I could change in my life to avoid certin feelings that brought me down, so over time I changed habbits and ...believe it or not I stopped eating sugary foods and that helped big time (and I lost a few pounds) but I realize we are all different and not everything works for everybody else but I truley believe that unhderstanding ones self is key to feeling better.
    what ever your situation I wish you well Justam.

Godfather.

• crying, sometimes (I abhor my own crying!) is a release, clears the tears, makes room for joy
  • i just wanted just to say and then forgot after i had to login ... ~ accept what is given as love divine if you you receive love and then can accept
    Godfather, I appreciate the advice. I think this is the right idea. I need to focus on the precise things that are getting me down to pull myself out of this sad, helpless feeling. Thank you for taking the time to say something.

it would be stupid of me to say "try thinking nice thoughts" but I do understand what you posted I truley know that feeling when it comes upon me but the things I have done to stop that are life changes and choices, I sat many time and thought about what was doing this to me and then I started to pay attention to what was going on around me when this feeling came upon me and noticed things that I could change in my life to avoid certin feelings that brought me down, so over time I changed habbits and ...believe it or not I stopped eating sugary foods and that helped big time (and I lost a few pounds) but I realize we are all different and not everything works for everybody else but I truley believe that unhderstanding ones self is key to feeling better.
    what ever your situation I wish you well Justam.

Godfather.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    edited March 2015
    Vogonpoetbythelake, I like crying sometimes. It's like a good bath for my inside!

crying, sometimes (I abhor my own crying!) is a release, clears the tears, makes room for joy

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Finally, some good news!
    :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    Its my faaaavorite time of year again.....Tax season. and I'm sure all the wonderful warm fuzzy blokes at the CRA are waiting with baited breath for my 2014 return. Well, its coming tax man....try and control your exuberance. I would like to take the opportunity to re-assert my true feelings for all you kind people at the CRA and bring back a classic, titled

CHOKE ON IT TAX MAN
    How to evade the royal tax charade
    a slippery slope, federal ice ca-PAID.
    An annual ritual for the surfs in spring
    Like the flu-shot in fall, its gonna sting

NOTICE OF RE-ASSESSMENT
    We have questions about line 10, 11 and 16
    How dare you employ these deductions
    we'll get to the bottom of this
    Like your severed head on our guillotine.

The cupboards are bare (blood sucking leach)
    be reasonable I plead!

Reason will cost surf.
    Penalties, fines and interest all the time
    Friends, they conjure their due with a shtick as old as the hills
    Armed with the power of God, in thine parliamentary bills.

To be clear, I used to be a happy tax paying member of Canadian society. Then Harper took the reins and turned us into something ugly, militaristic and corporate. I don't like him spending my tax dollars on war, oil, intolerance and the rich! GO AWAY!

I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
    TalonTedd said:

Its my faaaavorite time of year again.....Tax season. and I'm sure all the wonderful warm fuzzy blokes at the CRA are waiting with baited breath for my 2014 return. Well, its coming tax man....try and control your exuberance. I would like to take the opportunity to re-assert my true feelings for all you kind people at the CRA and bring back a classic, titled

CHOKE ON IT TAX MAN
    How to evade the royal tax charade
    a slippery slope, federal ice ca-PAID.
    An annual ritual for the surfs in spring
    Like the flu-shot in fall, its gonna sting

NOTICE OF RE-ASSESSMENT
    We have questions about line 10, 11 and 16
    How dare you employ these deductions
    we'll get to the bottom of this
    Like your severed head on our guillotine.

The cupboards are bare (blood sucking leach)
    be reasonable I plead!

Reason will cost surf.
    Penalties, fines and interest all the time
    Friends, they conjure their due with a shtick as old as the hills
    Armed with the power of God, in thine parliamentary bills.

To be clear, I used to be a happy tax paying member of Canadian society. Then Harper took the reins and turned us into something ugly, militaristic and corporate. I don't like him spending my tax dollars on war, oil, intolerance and the rich! GO AWAY!

Nice one. I'm dreading the outcome of the"No Medical" penalties! They get their money either way.I'll be paying both taxes and penalties. :(