Options

bootleg studio vinyl

2»

Comments

• Options
    Also Orange and blue fixer. Red last kiss.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Also Orange and blue fixer. Red last kiss.
    Yep. All legit, you can add a white fixer to the list also.
  • Options
    jrock60jrock60 Posts: 76
    I saw all of them in Brussels last summer, if you couldn't spot the bootlegs the moment you touch it then you deserve to spend $ on it. The sleeves are so flimsy and poorly printed, no legitimate band would package their LPs like that. The records are actually nice and sound ok.
    I'll ride the wave...
  • Options
    wecrazybobwecrazybob Posts: 1,027
    I don't know, just seems kinda funny. They destroyed the bootleg industry when they decided to release official bootlegs. Why don't they do the same thing with this vinyl issue? I mean, damn have you checked Ebay lately, it's flooded with PJ bootleg vinyl. The need is out there, I just think Pearl Jam should cash in. I know they are probably rich, but who else deserves this money? Not these bootlegers, JMHO!
    Toledo, Oh 09-22-96, Chicago, Illinois 06-29-98, Portland, Oregon 07-18-98, Vancouver, British Columbia 07-19-98, Seattle 07-21-98, Seattle 07-22-98, Noblesville, Indiana 08-17-98, East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-98, Barrie, Ontario 08-22-98, Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-98, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 08-25-98, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 08-26-98, Camden, Camden, New Jersey 08-28-98 Camden, New Jersey 08-29-98,Knoxville, Tennessee 09-06-98, Columbia, Maryland 09-18-98,Mountain View, California 10-30-99,Mountain View, California 10-31-99, Virginia Beach, Virginia 08-03-00,Charlotte, North Carolina 08-04-00,Greensboro, North Carolina 08-06-00, Atlanta, Georgia 08-07-00,West Palm Beach, Florida 08-09-00,West Palm Beach, Florida 08-10-00,Tampa, Florida 08-12-00,New Orleans, Louisiana 08-14-00,Memphis, Tennessee 08-15-00,Nashville, Tennessee 08-17-00, Noblesville, Indiana 08-18-00,Cincinnati, Ohio 08-20-00,Columbus, Ohio 08-21-00, Wantagh, New York 08-23-00, Wantagh, New York 08-24-00,Wantagh, New York 08-25-00, Saratoga Springs, New York 08-27-00,Mansfield, Massachusetts 08-29-00,Mansfield, Massachusetts 08-30-00,Camden, New Jersey 09-01-00,Camden, New Jersey 09-02-00,Columbia, Maryland 09-04-00,Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 09-05-00,Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-00, East Troy, Wisconsin 10-08-00,Chicago, Illinois 10-09-00,Cleveland, Ohio 04-25-03,Columbus, Ohio 06-24-03,Kitchener, ON 09-11-05, London, ON 9-12-05,Hamilton, ON 9-13-05,Cincinnati, Ohio 06-24-06, Chicago, Illinois 7-19-13, Cincinnati, Ohio 10-01-14, St. Louis, Missouri 10-03-14, Memphis, Tennessee 10-14-14,Detroit, Michigan 10-16-14, Moline, Illinois 10-17-14, Columbia SC 4-21-16 , Lexington KY 4-26-16, Philadelphia PA 4-28-16, Philadelphia PA 4-29-16, Boston 8-5-16 , Boston 8-7-16 Chicago 8-20-16, Chicago 8-22-16, Seattle 8-8-18, Seattle 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18, Chicago 8-18-18, Chicago 8-20-18, Boston 9-2-18, Boston 9-4-18
  • Options
    cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    The blue Colombia Vs....
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    wecrazybob wrote: »
    I don't know, just seems kinda funny. They destroyed the bootleg industry when they decided to release official bootlegs. Why don't they do the same thing with this vinyl issue? I mean, damn have you checked Ebay lately, it's flooded with PJ bootleg vinyl. The need is out there, I just think Pearl Jam should cash in. I know they are probably rich, but who else deserves this money? Not these bootlegers, JMHO!

Two words: Deluxe Sets

If they simply sell the vinyl before they get around to doing box sets, then less people will buy the more expensive boxsets (as they will already own the vinyl). Makes it harder to upsell.

That's been my guess. They will want to continue making those mega deluxe sets but are taking their sweet time doing so.
  • Options
    Frustratingly there's also a black vinyl bootleg of Mirrorball - have given up looking for a copy of that now as there doesn't seem to be a visual difference.
    1996-10-28 Wembley Arena, London, England, UK 2010-06-25 Hyde Park, London, England, UK 2012-06-21 MEN Arena, Manchester, England, UK 2014-07-11 Milton Keynes Bowl, Milton Keynes, England, UK
  • Options
    ali_burge wrote: »
    Frustratingly there's also a black vinyl bootleg of Mirrorball - have given up looking for a copy of that now as there doesn't seem to be a visual difference.
    Yea, Mirrorball is a tough one. Lots of boots and I don't think people know it. Thats why I have stayed away from that one, I don't have enough knowledge about that release and I don't want a boot.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,944
    edited January 2015
    Zod wrote: »

They will want to continue making those mega deluxe sets but are taking their sweet time doing so.

To be fair, it takes sweet time to make them.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    I thought for sure we would see No Code/Yield next year for the No Code 20th. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to bump that up to the fall to combat the bootlegs. If there is a SA tour planned too, they could probably make them coincide. Possibly given the popularity of the Milwaukee and Moline shows, maybe try that on the SA tour too.

I know they don't move at the pace that people here want, but the band and the management know what people are saying and try to make people happy.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166

They will want to continue making those mega deluxe sets but are taking their sweet time doing so.

To be fair, it takes sweet time to make them.

Not that long. The time difference between the Ten set and Vs/Vitalogy set wasn't nearly as long as the gap between Vs/Vitalogy and today.

In regards to mirrorball bootlegs. That explains a lot. I saw a new copy in the store the other day for $30 or $40. I paid $90 for mine a long time ago (german press) and I thought it had been reissued. I guess not. Back to being glad I shelled out for one back in the day.
  • Options
    Since then they did make an album and toured a ton. Plus they did say they wanted to get off the nostalgia train after PJ20.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I know they don't move at the pace that people here want, but the band and the management know what people are saying and try to make people happy.

I'm not always entirely convinced about that. If that is true, then they have to know that there are many of us who are not interested in collectibility, limited editions, box sets, colored vinyl, etc... We just want to play records. There are plenty of people who would love standard releases on regular black vinyl so we can play them. But instead they only seem interested in releasing limited edition, expensive, collectible art that happens to be in the form of a record. I'm not sure the band/mgmt sees any difference between a dog collar, a record, and a toy sheep. For them it is just $$$$$$$.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    VedHeadVedHead Rockford,IL,USA Posts: 407
    @MedozK are you certain that S/T has the number on the spine? I got mine from a reputable source and the vinyl is black but no number on the spine.
    I'm trying to think of a really good signature.
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Sevens - many groovy colors
    1990-1992 7" boxset - also groovy colors (has anyone seen the one that will sell in a couple days on eBay? current bid is $1300 or something.)
    and F Me In Thy Brain, for all your official PJ vinyl, CD, Cassette etc. gear, your one-stop place should be www.pjcollectors.com
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    scott nowlandscott nowland Australia Posts: 247
    MedozK wrote: »
    How do those of us not fully experienced in the art of sniffing out dupes tell if something we are buying is the Original or a Bootleg?
    First would be the colored vinyl. IIRC there are no official studio albums on colored vinyl, except for the new 'coke' Ten that Newbury released.

EDIT:White Backspacer, Red Lightning Bolt. Colored, and GITD PJ20 are also official

Second, there are usually subtle differences with the cover. Like S/T and Binaural have glossy covers with no cat. # on the spine. Binaural also has 'Pearl Jam' on the front cover like the CD. The Yield is not die-cut and again has no cat# on spine.

I don't have the unofficial Lost Dogs or No code, so I couldn't help you there, but I'm sure there are noticeable difference to those that do research.

Research is the key, don't just buy blindly.

Sorry if im misreading but are you saying that the offical self titled vinyl has a cat number on the side or doesnt? This is one I bought off a member here so didnt check into it too much. It has no cat number on the side but was sold to me as the 2006 original?
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote: »

I'm not always entirely convinced about that. If that is true, then they have to know that there are many of us who are not interested in collectibility, limited editions, box sets, colored vinyl, etc... We just want to play records. There are plenty of people who would love standard releases on regular black vinyl so we can play them. But instead they only seem interested in releasing limited edition, expensive, collectible art that happens to be in the form of a record. I'm not sure the band/mgmt sees any difference between a dog collar, a record, and a toy sheep. For them it is just $$$$$$$.

From the amount of Pearl Jam records out there that are still sealed, I'd say people who buy them to play might actually be a minority!
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there...
  • Options
    VedHead wrote: »
    @MedozK are you certain that S/T has the number on the spine? I got mine from a reputable source and the vinyl is black but no number on the spine.
    Wow..sorry. I meant to say that there were differences in the spine. The S/T spine the print on the spine is much smaller and facing the other direction. There is no catalog number on the original or the boot. Thanks for catching that VedHead, i don't want to confuse anyone.
  • Options
    VedHeadVedHead Rockford,IL,USA Posts: 407
    Whew--- got worried for a minute!
    I'm trying to think of a really good signature.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    evsgjamm wrote: »
    Sevens - many groovy colors
    1990-1992 7" boxset - also groovy colors (has anyone seen the one that will sell in a couple days on eBay? current bid is $1300 or something.)
    and F Me In Thy Brain, for all your official PJ vinyl, CD, Cassette etc. gear, your one-stop place should be www.pjcollectors.com

Thanks!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    cjzoly wrote: »
    The blue Colombia Vs....

More info on that here:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/215313/columbia-blue-vs
    2005 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Apoteose December 4th 2011 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Apoteose November 6th 2013 São Paulo, Brazil | Lollapalooza March 31st
  • Options

In regards to mirrorball bootlegs. That explains a lot. I saw a new copy in the store the other day for $30 or $40. I paid $90 for mine a long time ago (german press) and I thought it had been reissued. I guess not. Back to being glad I shelled out for one back in the day.

One thing I might have stumbled on is that the bootlegs might not have the sticker on the top right that the original Euro issue had - can anyone confirm / deny?
    1996-10-28 Wembley Arena, London, England, UK 2010-06-25 Hyde Park, London, England, UK 2012-06-21 MEN Arena, Manchester, England, UK 2014-07-11 Milton Keynes Bowl, Milton Keynes, England, UK
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited February 2015
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Was at Rebel Rebel record store in NYC the other day and they had a bunch of these boots at about 50$ apiece. I considered it for half a second but passed. If y'all are looking for these check em out i guess.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Light Years (yellow) and NAIS (green) 7" are also colored
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    edited February 2015
    I will check my Mirrorball if anyone needs more info. I got mine used a few years back a my local shop for around $50 or $60. great deal I thought

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    lolobugg said:

I will check my Mirrorball if anyone needs more info. I got mine used a few years back a my local shop for around $50 or $60. great deal I thought

Hoping for the official reissue this year