Options

What Is Your Favorite PJ Middle Album?

2»

Comments

• Options
    cydoniacydonia Denbighshire, North Wales , UK Posts: 456
    Yield (1998)
    Yield had the most emotional impact for me at the time, with dark places my mind had drifted and helped me through. So it has a special place for me, I find being tightly strung for money at the time I could only afford 3 or four albums a year, and in 98/99 I think I listened to yield, the quiet table by three fish and by your side by the black crowes constantly , it gave me time to completely absorb and process the albums. Yield is a masterpiece and live on two legs captures the band in fine form during this time, no code is second for me for similar reasons. Given to fly, in hiding, wish list ...every song profound and moving.
  • Options
    No Code (1996)
    No Code and Yield is really put them in a hat and pick.
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote: »
    No Code is a close second but Binaural is my favorite album ever without question. My reasons are simple, Of the Girl, Rival, Breakerfall, Grievance, Parting Ways need I go on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfcYb-HDvX8
  • Options
    steeler4lifesteeler4life Philadelphia area Posts: 405
    Binaural (2000)
    No Code has been becoming one of my favorites, but not quite there yet. Binaural is great. Good mix of slow mellow songs like Of the Girl, Soon Forget, Light Years, and hard rock stuff like Breakerfall and 2 of my favorites, Grievance and Insignificance.
    Philly 10/21/13 Seattle 12/06/13 "No Code" 10/17/14
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Binaural (2000)
    I didnt even have to breath to answer this one.
    Binaural by million miles
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,461
    RiotZact wrote: »
    No Code is a close second but Binaural is my favorite album ever without question. My reasons are simple, Of the Girl, Rival, Breakerfall, Grievance, Parting Ways need I go on?

Then you might want to change your name to BinauralZact. :)
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Yield (1998)
    Yield. I went a very long time without paying any attention to this album, and I have no idea why. it's just so fucking good.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Yield (1998)
    I consider only yield and binaural to be "middle" albums although I might be wrong in that...
    I feel like No Code was both an end to an era and the begin of a totally new phase, it stands alone in terms of time frame. Yield was them entering into a new dimension of collaboration and positivity. Binaural themes were much different, but had a sort of a similar feel to it. Riot Act then also started a new era for them, sort of the era of longevity, boom addition, doing it for the music and nothing else, deciding to keep going etc etc.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...