Options

What's on your holiday gear wishlist?

Since I rarely play, I can't think of much that I'd want (other than the spark returning). I am, however, getting my future father-in-law some of the fast fret stuff. He's a great musician and has a full blown studio in his house. What's really cool is, that after about 30 years, he's thinking of getting back out and playing live shows. What is on YOUR holiday gear wishlist?

*Edit: Non music items include random wines (I collect), any fire/ems decorations/display stuff, accessories for my new Jeep Commander, and as much gatorade and gingerale as people want to give*
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I've got a few Ukes on my list! I can't wait! I play guitar but never had a ukulele.
    Do I need a special tuner or can I use a guitar tuner?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

I've got a few Ukes on my list! I can't wait! I play guitar but never had a ukulele.
    Do I need a special tuner or can I use a guitar tuner?

I think you can use any chromatic tuner. I used to use my friend's bass uke. That's awesome!! Let me know how it goes
  • Options
    BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    A tube amp!!! Still not sure which one.....but that's on the top of my list.
  • Options
    BHealy said:

A tube amp!!! Still not sure which one.....but that's on the top of my list.

Keep us posted. You had a good thread going :)
  • Options
    Will do! Thanks for all the input!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Pedals...Earthquaker Devices Grand Orbiter phaser and Catalinbread Echorec, but pedals are my gear crack, so anything will help with the fix.
    Speaker cab to go with my Remedy.

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Dress socks
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Pedals...Earthquaker Devices Grand Orbiter phaser and Catalinbread Echorec, but pedals are my gear crack, so anything will help with the fix.
    Speaker cab to go with my Remedy.

I know how the pedal addiction is. I have so many but, now that I rarely play, they sit around or I lend them out to friends.

Dress socks

I know how that goes. I gotta get some warm ones to wear in my duty boots. I also wanna find some good structure fire ones. I wear the "gold toe" brand socks for dress. Pretty cheap and always comfortable.
  • Options
    I have a vintage Electra MPC Les Paul (X330) and I really want some more MPC modules for it. These are effects that work like a stomp box, but they're resident inside the guitar and can be switched out. My guitar came with two (Phase Shifter & Power Overdrive), but there are 10 more. Unfortunately they're hard to find and go for about $100 a pop.

The other thing I want is a Bigsby.
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.
  • Options
    Im hoping if I get any $$ or gift cards to get a delay pedal. Other than that I asked for a ping pong table this year.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    a new band haha...

i really don't want any gift type stuff because i would probably take it back and get what i really want.

i think i am going to trade in some stuff for a gibson firebird, or maybe a vintage '72 tele with humbuckers. i am moving soon and need to get rid of a couple of amps and some guitars that i don't use anymore.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    I wanted a mandolin & my wife bought me one on Black Friday...great early christmas gift!

asking for a new case for my Electromatic, strings & a new snare.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I'd like a decent set of headphones and adapter to fit my amp - I have an almost 11 month old that "helps" me practice. This would be outstanding during nap and bed time!

Simple request for the newbie lol lol need all the practice I can get!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    a new band haha...<br />
    <br />
    i really don't want any gift type stuff because i would probably take it back and get what i really want.<br />
    <br />
    i think i am going to trade in some stuff for a gibson firebird, or maybe a vintage '72 tele with humbuckers. i am moving soon and need to get rid of a couple of amps and some guitars that i don't use anymore.

Sounds like a great list!

My lovely wife surprised me with an American Strat last year....I love that guitar. Headphones would be great too.
  • Options
    I need some help from you guys.

My future father-in-law is an avid player. He's been playing for 40+ years, has a great recording studio (with TONS of stuff), guitars, amps, and all the mixing software one could want. I got him some fast fret but I was wondering if there was something inexpensive I could get him. I'm short on funds but I'd like to get him something nice. Any ideas would be great. He's got a lot of stuff but maybe there's something he's missing?
  • Options
    Hey x - does he collect anything..? For ex. If he collects picks maybe a cool/manly tin or whatever to store them in. Also those portable Bluetooth speakers are insanely popular right now lol I keep seeing the ones that look like mushrooms! Just some ideas....I'll keep thinking.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa wrote: »
    Hey x - does he collect anything..? For ex. If he collects picks maybe a cool/manly tin or whatever to store them in. Also those portable Bluetooth speakers are insanely popular right now lol I keep seeing the ones that look like mushrooms! Just some ideas....I'll keep thinking.

I don't think he collects the picks. I'll have to see if he has a bluetooth speaker. Good idea!
  • Options
    How did you guys do? I didn't get anything PJ or guitar related, but I got a whole pile of near mint vinyl records from the 70's! Some Zeppelin, The Who, and Neil Young. They sound amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Scored a MoogerFooger Ring Mod. Wasn't sure what to think initially(other than DAMN!! what an awesome wife), but it sounds really good. Amazing trem sounds and limitless crazy noise possibilities. Makes me wanna build a whole analog board.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    Got a patch cord kit (customizable) with no soldering.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote: »
    Scored a MoogerFooger Ring Mod. Wasn't sure what to think initially(other than DAMN!! what an awesome wife), but it sounds really good. Amazing trem sounds and limitless crazy noise possibilities. Makes me wanna build a whole analog board.
    I got the 102 Ring Mod MoogerFooger too! I didn't know what it was (um, I'd asked for a Bigsby--did not get one). I said "What is it?" and my husband said "I don't know, but your guitar teacher was really excited about it!" Apparently when he called my teacher for a consult on the Bigsby, my teacher steered him toward a MoogerFooger.
  • Options
    Dog Loyal wrote: »
    DewieCox wrote: »
    I got the 102 Ring Mod MoogerFooger too! I didn't know what it was (um, I'd asked for a Bigsby--did not get one). I said "What is it?" and my husband said "I don't know, but your guitar teacher was really excited about it!" Apparently when he called my teacher for a consult on the Bigsby, my teacher steered him toward a MoogerFooger.

Crazy!! and awesome! Been reading up on it and most people say expression pedals are a must with it, but I'm loving the effect as is and really dig what the circuit alone adds in bypass.
  • Options
    Mine came with the Expression pedal but I haven't tried that part yet.

Dewie, I have to ask because of your avatar; are you a fan of MMJ? I love them!
  • Options
    Got a ping pong table....sweet!!!. Got a gift card too that Im planning on using on a delay or chorus pedal.
  • Options
    Dog Loyal wrote: »
    Mine came with the Expression pedal but I haven't tried that part yet.

Dewie, I have to ask because of your avatar; are you a fan of MMJ? I love them!

One of my favorite bands. Absolutely love them.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    I'm looking at Getting a New Bass in the New Year :)
  • Options
    Hey any updates X? How'd it go with the in-law?
  • Options
    xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    edited December 2014
    FoxyRedLa wrote: »
    Hey any updates X? How'd it go with the in-law?

I got him the Fast Fret and a Hickory Farms gift box. Also chipped in for a new vacuum. He's interested in trying the fast fret out and I couldn't go wrong with the gift box. The vacuum also went over well. He got me a patch cord customize set where I don't have to solder anything. I think he was really glad that I didn't get called out during our gift exchange or dinner, though (happened on Thanksgiving right as we sat down---my pager went off and I was gone for about 45 mins). He understands but I'm sure it's a little frustrating.
    Post edited by xtremehardy388 on
  • Options
    Awesome! Glad to hear!
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    I got a nice Gretsch G9210 Tenor Ukulele
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]