Options

Yusuf Islam/Cat Stevens Tour - Anyone going?

benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,995
Tomorrow's the first night of the tour and I'll be fortunate enough to go to it.

Was wondering if anyone else has received about four emails from Ticketmaster about thorough airport-style security which every person will be subject to, and arriving two hours early to make sure you can get in alright. Anyone in other cities going? In any case, I'm beyond excited. What a special man.
'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    benjs said:

Tomorrow's the first night of the tour and I'll be fortunate enough to go to it.

Was wondering if anyone else has received about four emails from Ticketmaster about thorough airport-style security which every person will be subject to, and arriving two hours early to make sure you can get in alright. Anyone in other cities going? In any case, I'm beyond excited. What a special man.

Lucky man Ben! I'm gonna see if I can grab some philly tix cuz he canceled the NYC show. You are gonna have some major fun, heard the shows have been awesome! Enjoy my friend!
  • Options
    Rock on Ben, want a review of the show when u get back bro! I'm trying to score tix for Philly!
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Can't wait for the write up!
  • Options
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

OMG Ben!!! So lucky. Get a pic with him if u can. Tell him u got a buddy in the pearl jam community who's Muslim and loves his music. Oh and ask him to leave me some tix in philly for me! Hahaha
  • Options
    edited December 2014

EV
  • Options
    badbrains said:

benjs said:

OMG Ben!!! So lucky. Get a pic with him if u can. Tell him u got a buddy in the pearl jam community who's Muslim and loves his music. Oh and ask him to leave me some tix in philly for me! Hahaha
    Beyond lucky, Nart... What a talented man, and clearly doesn't even speak a language of religion publicly, just one of peace. I don't know why we can't all bask in that.

EV
  • Options
    benjs said:

badbrains said:

benjs said:

Beyond lucky, Nart... What a talented man, and clearly doesn't even speak a language of religion publicly, just one of peace. I don't know why we can't all bask in that.
    Oh man so right Ben. He must of sounded awesome bro. Nice pic to. Nicer seat hahaha. Good for you Ben. Happy for you buddy. I would imagine it was one of life's special moments for you. Man, I got to see this guy in philly bad. Tix are crazy. Gonna keep an eye on them and hope I can get a tix for $100.
  • Options
    I'm pulling up decent seats on the secondary market for awesome prices, way below face. I'm gonna have to pull the trigger and go by myself. I can't miss this show!
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    benjs said:

What a great pic! Lucky you!! I'm soooo bummed he cancelled the NYC show--was all set for that. It must have been an amazing show, benjs.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    badbrains said:

I'm pulling up decent seats on the secondary market for awesome prices, way below face. I'm gonna have to pull the trigger and go by myself. I can't miss this show!

Be careful man! It's exclusively credit card entry and I heard a few stories in line of people spending way too much and being scammed.

EV
  • Options
    benjs said:

badbrains said:

Be careful man! It's exclusively credit card entry and I heard a few stories in line of people spending way too much and being scammed.
    The places I'm looking at have 100% guarantee. Idk yet, I'm really thinking about it and want to go bad.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

The places I'm looking at have 100% guarantee. Idk yet, I'm really thinking about it and want to go bad.
    Pull the trigger and do it. You'll regret not going. I always regret the shows I could have gone to, but didn't--not the shows I went to.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

badbrains said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

Pull the trigger and do it. You'll regret not going. I always regret the shows I could have gone to, but didn't--not the shows I went to.
    Agreed. Nart, this means too much to you, and the show is frankly far too special for me to tell you to walk away from the thought. Get in that venue.

EV
  • Options
    worth the $85 i paid
  • Options

worth the $85 i paid

$-) Not sure how you pulled that off, but damn, congratulations!

EV
  • Options
    Pulling up 8th row for $130 but I have to buy 2. Don't think anyone I know likes mr Islam enough to drop that. Way below face to. Damn...
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    edited December 2014
    Damn, StubHub not even offering tickets to the Boston show because of the non-transfer policy. Oh well, it is not really in the budget this Christmas month anyway.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Pulling up 8th row for $130 but I have to buy 2. Don't think anyone I know likes mr Islam enough to drop that. Way below face to. Damn...

Nart, I don't believe for a second that those are real. The entire tour had a two-ticket maximum, and the cardholder must walk into the venue, no exceptions. Please, bud, be careful! The only way I'd see for you to get in is if they do a last minute ticket drop legitimately, which happens from time to time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

EV
  • Options
    Ya I'm gonna go with Ben on this one. The sites went down today really odd. I almost pulled the trigger last night. Still bummed I'm not gonna see him but I'm hoping he'll tour again and this time in NYC.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Ya I'm gonna go with Ben on this one. The sites went down today really odd. I almost pulled the trigger last night. Still bummed I'm not gonna see him but I'm hoping he'll tour again and this time in NYC.

Don't give up!! Day-of ticket drops through official channels!

EV
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,642
    After seeing the setlists I wish he was coming near me.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Same here. If he plays in NYC, we are so there.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

badbrains said:

100%
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

badbrains said:

Unfortunately, NYC doesn't allow paperless tickets: this is why he cancelled the show there and moved it. It created an enormous scalping issue where people were asking obscene amounts of money, and he wasn't willing to put up with it. Until they change these regulations in the state, I wouldn't count on it. That being said, having seen the show: I'd travel to see the man again in a heartbeat. I had tears in my eyes a number of times not really believing what I was seeing.

EV
  • Options
    benjs said:

worth the $85 i paid

$-) Not sure how you pulled that off, but damn, congratulations!
    upper level. $100 including service charges.

• Options
    Not quite the same as seeing him live, but a nice little sample:
    http://www.npr.org/event/music/368934858/yusuf-cat-stevens-tiny-desk-concert
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Just got back from the Chicago show, I'm in awe!

Never thought I'd see Cat Stevens perform Live, what a great time, I need to see the Cat again!

(His new tunes played really well, he was really jamming out!)

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Idris said:

Just got back from the Chicago show, I'm in awe!

Never thought I'd see Cat Stevens perform Live, what a great time, I need to see the Cat again!

(His new tunes played really well, he was really jamming out!)

So happy you got to see him! I feel the same way... In spite of the price, I'd see him again in a heartbeat. Fantastic song after fantastic song, without an exception. Did he play I Was Raised in Babylon in Chicago too? That song gave me shivers the first time I heard it on the album, and in concert.

EV