are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    that cap makes no sense

why would any intelligent human being want to be even half a giant fan?

:-h
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    imalive said:

imalive said:

juggler?

thoughts?

...you know my thoughts...
    you obviously can't wear it interleague or World Series......but everyday use?
    Stop!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I was a fraud for a couple of games of soccer. My apologies. Fuck soccer.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    World Cup Soccer is exempt for rooting for your own country... and even getting into the tournament. I love the tournament and enjoy watching the sport, but the momentum never takes me far into MLS and EPS, etc.

I do hate like 3rd generation Americans who are like 37% Italian going full retard for Italy (or other countries)
    MayDay10 said:

World Cup Soccer is exempt for rooting for your own country... and even getting into the tournament. I love the tournament and enjoy watching the sport, but the momentum never takes me far into MLS and EPS, etc.

I do hate like 3rd generation Americans who are like 37% Italian going full retard for Italy (or other countries)

you never go full retard.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

MayDay10 said:

Sorry but I couldn't stop laughing at this little comment
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

MayDay10 said:

Sorry but I couldn't stop laughing at this little comment
    to me, this is one of the most underrated comedies of the last decade. the first hour and a half were hysterical.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    certainly an idiot...but also a fraud?

I believe that idiot trancends fraud in this case.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I would say its a decent crack at humor: Approved.

However, I have a strict policy of not wearing 2 sports teams' logos/gear at once.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Ha yeah, I find it mildly funny
    MayDay10 said:

I

However, I have a strict policy of not wearing 2 sports teams' logos/gear at once.

...totally agree with you on this one.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722

MayDay10 said:

I

...totally agree with you on this one.
    I'm with you guys here. I also try not to wear 2 items of the same logo/team. I feel like a clown if I'm wearing a Bears shirt and hat. Unless I'm at an actual game...then it's acceptable.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    edited December 2014
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Somebody would end up getting stabbed in the neck with a fork at Thanksgiving each year if a "NFL Family" like that actually existed.
    I've been meaning to bring up that commercial. I cringe every time I see it.

frauds! all of them........and there is no way in hell any real life family even remotely resembles the utter nonsense being portrayed in this commercial. not a chance in hell.
    chinese-happy.jpg

frauds! all of them........and there is no way in hell any real life family even remotely resembles the utter nonsense being portrayed in this commercial. not a chance in hell.

yeah i saw it at least three times yesterday and a couple times the week before and thought yeah this belongs here.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

Oh man, that commercial is the worst. The one guy changes allegiances because of his wife??? Insane!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

Oh man, that commercial is the worst. The one guy changes allegiances because of his wife??? Insane!
    There's the douchebag - who was presumably a Vikings fan since, ya know, he's from Minnesota - until he goes to college in Pittburgh? Gimme a fuckin' break. if that's my friend/brother/cousin he would not hear the end of it.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    according to his recent comments, the juggler says you are a sports fraud if you root for any other team other than the one closest to you geographically.

not sure what you're supposed to do if you grow up somewhere but move later on.

the juggler robotically roots for his hometown teams so he can call into his local sports talk radio guys.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    imalive wrote: »
    according to his recent comments, the juggler says you are a sports fraud if you root for any other team other than the one closest to you geographically.

the juggler robotically roots for his hometown teams so he can call into his local sports talk radio guys.

I believe even if you move somewhere you DONT change your teams EVER. I moved after growing up in Boston to NYC Brooklyn, DC/MD and now FL. I never rooted for any of those states teams except for the Ravens. I like them only because of my supreme despise of the that team that is named Washington but plays in MD.

NOW this upcoming weekend I'll be rooting heartedly for the Patriots the Ravens will get crushed.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote: »

I believe even if you move somewhere you DONT change your teams EVER. I moved after growing up in Boston to NYC Brooklyn, DC/MD and now FL. I never rooted for any of those states teams except for the Ravens. I like them only because of my supreme despise of the that team that is named Washington but plays in MD.

NOW this upcoming weekend I'll be rooting heartedly for the Patriots the Ravens will get crushed.

Peace

Amen brother.

Imalive probably roots for the Soviets come Olympic time.

It's called civic pride.
    chinese-happy.jpg

Peace

Amen brother.

It's called civic pride.

unless your this family, LOL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4KUuqGirg4
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    1420490186018.cached.jpg
    rt_chris_christie_jerry_jones_js_150106_16x9_992.jpg

So apparently he likes the Mets, Knicks and NY Rangers which i can understand since he grew up outside New York, but Dallas?????????????? Come on!!!!! oM52VQa.gif
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Chris Christie is a big time fraud. Absolutely!
    chinese-happy.jpg

Just the worst. The absolute worst. I'm already dreading all the camera shots of him sitting next to Jerry Jones on Sunday.

Just the worst. The absolute worst. I'm already dreading all the camera shots of him sitting next to Jerry Jones on Sunday.

The other annoying thing is Jones flew his whole family to the game (which may have violated some law) but he chose to shoo them to the back of the suite so he could sit next to Jerry and be seen on tv. Screw him.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    He's trying to win some votes, cuz u know, the cowshits ARE Americas team =))
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120

Peace

Amen brother.

It's called civic pride.

I also believe if you are from a state such as South Carolina I lived there once too....who doesn't have all four major sport teams you have a right to choose teams to root for. However, they should be at least from the same state or area.

There was a guy here who was a steadfast New Yorker, NY teams all the way EXCEPT the Knicks and rooted for the Lakers. He came up with some lame excuse as to why that was the case. I said to him once why the Lakers is it because they win....why not the LA Clippers they're from Los Angeles too and play in the very same arena. I don't think I ever got a legimate answer, to me that's a FRAUD true and through.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)