2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Packers 5,000,000
    Bears 0
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    other predictions...
    Packers punt once today and whoever is fielding it fumbles it. Rodgers to Nelson on the very next play for a 47 year TD. Has all day to throw and the secondary gets burned again. Briggs and Conte get injured on the play.
    Jared Allen touches Rodgers once....after the game when he shakes his hand.
    Cutler throws for 350 yards but has 2 INTs and a fumble....all resulting in TDs.
    Marshall has 4 catches and 3 drops, blames the kicker after the game.
    There will be 6 bad calls that go the Packers way.
    The same screen pass play to Forte is called 15 times over the 4 quarters.
    Jeffery runs two reverse plays for -4 yards total.
    The longest pass play from scrimmage comes on one of those 15 yard screens to Forte for 12 yards. The next closest is a deep 8 yard pass to Bennett over the middle. He fumbles after catching it and the Packers score on the next play.
    Rodgers throws for 500 yards, runs for 60, has 6TDs.
    After the game, Trestman addresses the media saying he felt they played well but have some work to do before next week.
    Bears 17
    Packers 47
    mca47 said:

other predictions...
    Packers punt once today and whoever is fielding it fumbles it. Rodgers to Nelson on the very next play for a 47 year TD. Has all day to throw and the secondary gets burned again. Briggs and Conte get injured on the play.
    Jared Allen touches Rodgers once....after the game when he shakes his hand.
    Cutler throws for 350 yards but has 2 INTs and a fumble....all resulting in TDs.
    Marshall has 4 catches and 3 drops, blames the kicker after the game.
    There will be 6 bad calls that go the Packers way.
    The same screen pass play to Forte is called 15 times over the 4 quarters.
    Jeffery runs two reverse plays for -4 yards total.
    The longest pass play from scrimmage comes on one of those 15 yard screens to Forte for 12 yards. The next closest is a deep 8 yard pass to Bennett over the middle. He fumbles after catching it and the Packers score on the next play.
    Rodgers throws for 500 yards, runs for 60, has 6TDs.
    After the game, Trestman addresses the media saying he felt they played well but have some work to do before next week.
    Bears 17
    Packers 47

LOL. But yeah, most of that is probably true. Really sucks to be a Bears fan right now.
    Nice start. What a fucking joke this team is.
    Well, my prediction is pretty close.
    Heads need to roll!!!!
    Fire Mel Tucker and have him hold the door for the rest of em!
  • Tresticles will be fired by Tuesday.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Tresticles will be fired by Tuesday.

You think? Who replaces him? I get Tucker getting the boot, but has any head coach been canned mid season after a 3-6 start?
    I see Trest getting one more year, but after a year and 9 games...I don't see it.
    I agree though...this team's prob is personnel to a degree....but it's way bigger than that! It's all coaching!
    Rodgers is a beast for sure, but I'm pretty sure I could have thrown for at least two TDs against the Bears tonight!
  • Back to back games
    40 point 1st half by opponent?

Tresticles fired tomorrow
  • JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238

Back to back games
    40 point 1st half by opponent?

Tresticles fired tomorrow

If I'm not mistaken, he's signed thru the 2016 season. NO FUCKING WAY they fire him now and eat the rest of that contract.

I will bet you any amount of McRibs, PBR tallboys, raspberry zingers, tater tots and/or shamrock shakes on this one. And I'll gladly pay up because I hope I'm wrong. But this organization just doesn't operate that way. In fact, I will be shocked if he's gone when the season's over.

On the bright side, I will probably be at the top of the season ticket waiting list now.

Wait, I said "bright side," didn't I?

Crap.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    If you go to Marc Trestmans Wiki page, his title right now is listed as "Head Moron".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Trestman
    What a fucking mess this entire organization is right now. It's pretty clear that this team has completely quite on Trestman. Trestman just isn't a head coach...there's a reason he was coaching in the CFL and not the NFL. And to think that Emery hired Trestman over Arians....fuck.

I hope they lose every game the rest of the year...I think that's the only way that they would get rid of Trestman after only 2 years. But what will happen of course is they will win a few games and finish with 6-7 wins and use that as the excuse for bringing this coaching staff back. The Bears are the worst.

I hope they lose every game the rest of the year...I think that's the only way that they would get rid of Trestman after only 2 years. But what will happen of course is they will win a few games and finish with 6-7 wins and use that as the excuse for bringing this coaching staff back. The Bears are the worst.

Here is the remaining schedule. I don't see ANY unwinnable games. Not saying they will win any of these, but they are definitely capable of it, especially with 5 of them being at home.

Of course, the Blackhawks have won more games in Soldier Field this year than the Bears have.

Vikings
    Bucs
    at Lions
    Cowboys
    Saints
    Lions
    at Vikings
  • cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    Hell with the coach...I think the best part of this whole debacle in Chicago is their highest paid quarterback in all of the NFL at +$22M and only two words sums up his performance this year..."Cutler Sucks"...At a less then a 90% passer rating and a total blowhard of a QB...He sucked in Denver, and he continues to suck in Chicago...
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
    cjzoly said:

Hell with the coach...I think the best part of this whole debacle in Chicago is their highest paid quarterback in all of the NFL at +$22M and only two words sums up his performance this year..."Cutler Sucks"...At a less then a 90% passer rating and a total blowhard of a QB...He sucked in Denver, and he continues to suck in Chicago...

Cutler is an average QB. That's it. But this entire team is a fucking mess...not just the QB. That defense is just awful. And the special teams aren't much better.
  • CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182

mca47 said:

That win did not surprise me at all. They'll do this all year....get you excited right before they let you down again.

Yep. That was good Jay we saw on Sunday. I'm sure bad Jay will be making another appearance soon.
    Easiest prediction ever! Just ask Brandon Marshall. Will never win
    cjzoly said:

Whoever showed Jay the $$$ should go also! What a joke of a QB.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • 2 weeks ago they gave up a franchise worst 38 first half points to New England.
    They come back the following week, after having a bye, and give up 42 first half points to the Packers?
    The Bears have allowed 80 first half points in their last 2 games?
    I blame that on preparation. I blame that on the coaching staff. I blame Trestman.

Trestman is in over his head.
    He should be let go immediately.
    Of couse he should be.

But the fact of the matter is that he won't be.
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: The deal the Bears took to get Cutler was a mistake.

Ridiculous.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."

2 weeks ago they gave up a franchise worst 38 first half points to New England.
    They come back the following week, after having a bye, and give up 42 first half points to the Packers?
    The Bears have allowed 80 first half points in their last 2 games?
    I blame that on preparation. I blame that on the coaching staff. I blame Trestman.

Trestman is in over his head.
    He should be let go immediately.

Yes, yes, and yes. The fact that this happened coming off a bye makes it so much worse. 2 weeks to prepare and this is what happens??? What a joke.

I'm shocked that Mel Tucker hasn't been fired yet.
  • He is still the coach.
    Unreal.

He is still the coach.
    Unreal.

And no other coaching changes. Wow. This organization really doesn't have a fucking clue.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    you grow into and learn into that mess....
  • He is still the coach.
    Unreal.

And no other coaching changes. Wow. This organization really doesn't have a fucking clue.
    Did you just listen to that nonsense?
    Tresticles is delusional.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    It's advantageous ....lol

He is still the coach.
    Unreal.

did you really expect anything different?
  • JTH said:

He is still the coach.
    Unreal.

Yes I did.
    Tresticles has lost control of this team.
    The team has given up.
    And the Bears are the Bears. It has never been an organization that is willing to cut its losses and move on.
    JTH said:

He is still the coach.
    Unreal.

I kinda did. These last 2 games have been historically bad. But no, same old story with this organization. Embarrassing to be a Bears fan right now.

He is still the coach.
    Unreal.

Did you just listen to that nonsense?
    Tresticles is delusional.
    I couldn't even last through the whole thing...once he said no coaching changes are being made, I turned it off. The guy really doesn't have a clue.
    The Bears are favored by 3.5 points over the Vikings on Sunday. How is that possible?!?!? The only teams the Bears should be favored over at this point are Oakland and Jacksonville.

Thankfully, I'm going to be driving back to Chicago from Louisville on Sunday so I won't have to suffer through this game.