*** Detroit Fanviews Here 10/16/14 ***

Comments

• well, traindoga, everyone is entitled to their opinion. For the record I let a ton of folks stand/sit next to me in 1st row, section 120. Ushers were kinda being dicks, but that is not unexpected. I can tell you a ton of dudes jumped the boards in front of me to get onto GA. I helped everyone of them. This being my 12th show, it was certainly not the best show for me either, but overall very good.
  • dr122931 said:

Great show. I too was shocked that I really enjoyed my time in Detroit (aside from the saints loss). The arena was kind of a shithole, but the sound was incredible and there were ample bathrooms and vendors.
    In 24 shows, I'd never seen them open with release somehow (I've caught it on encore). Also, I got oceans for the first time. The crowd was amazing and the band was in top form.

I randomly met mike walking down the street Friday and he was incredibly cool and humble.

yeah, Mike is a good guy. Fan friendly. He talk to alot of us outside Auburn Hills venue last time PJ was in Detroit.
  • Awesome show. Loved standing in line for GA it was a blast! Went to Moline next night and still couldn't tell which one is better. 37 and 38 for me dating back to 94 and easily 1 or 2 (tied with Moline) for best show I've seen. What a fucking tour!!!!!!
    Brooklyn 1,2 13
    Chicago EV 08 11 13
    Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
    Cincinatti 06
    Columbus 00 03 10
    Detroit 06 EV 11 14
    Grand Rapids 06
    Hershey 03
    Jacksonville EV 12
    Moline 14
    Montreal 05
    Milwaukee EV 08
    Nobelsville 03
    Ottawa 05
    Pittsburgh 06 13
    Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
  • Drove from Quebec City!

Show #12 for me and the first time I didnt say.. Oh no that song again!!! Had a blast at the Joe! Nice crowd! Nice sound! The band was happy to be there and lot of energy.. Didnt enter the lottery but fiund great seats thank to a board membet named 'spearhead'..
    We planned to meet up but we made it too late in Detroit to be at the preshow!

Hope they gonna tour their neighbourg to the north next year!! I wish fir myself and all the fans they make up to our famous Festival d'été de Quebec...(soundgarden were here last year.. Without matt fucking cameron and Cornell looks to have enjoyef it s lot)

Keep on rockin' Pearl Jam... Thanks for giving me such great music since Ten!! I discovered Ten in 1992... It never ended!!!!
    MTL 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 - MTL 2000 MTL 2003 Grand Rapids 2004 Quebec 2005 - MTL 2005 SEATTLE 1-2 2009 - Vancouver 2009 Montreal 2011 Worcester 1 2013 Detroit 2014 EV First Ever Solo Vancouver 2008 EV Hartford 2011
  • Setlist was amazing. I was crying through release as I lost my father when I was 16. They were spot on for release. Ed is/was definitely still sick. His voice gave out a few times. I think it was hard for (i cant believe im saying this) the band to match the energy from the crowd. The area where the arena was is a ghost town. Nothing there. The building is old but being a history person you could get a feel for everything that the building represented to that community. It was nice to see Ed embrace that. The Ushers and security were dicks. We were trying to dance and have a good time, and they kept checking our tickets. 3 times during the show. That was a litlle much. They also stole a J from the folks next to us and im pretty sure they smoked it. I drove from Albany Ny and would do it again. I will say however indeifference is not a very good closer.
    Buffalo '96
    Albany '03
    Albany '06
    Mansfield I '08
    Hartford '13
    Detroit '14
    Fenway 1 '16
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Realized I never even commented on the show! An incredible experience to share with my boyfriend, just as big of a PJ fan as I, in a city that means a lot to him, and also the city I have recently moved near. We were GA right in front of Stone and had the best time. Waiting all day in the GA line is always a challenge, but also super fun connecting with people who are just as crazy as you, and of course reuniting with other crazies you've met along the way! The merch offered was beyond awesome, but the whole situation was a clusterfuck. I'm just glad that in the end, both my boyfriend and I got what we wanted. My bf even got a variant pin, which we didn't realize until we got home. Very cool! Highlights were all the Detroit themed tags, getting to have some of Eddie's wine, Light Years, Kick Out the Jams, and Release>Oceans. It was also quite the emotional show for anyone who has lost someone, like me. Release, Man of the Hour, Light Years--Ed basically emptied out my tear ducts through the entire night haha! Had a couple particularly cool things happen during the show, too. When Mike came over to our side, he soloed right in front of me, and I motioned that I wanted to give him my bracelet that says 'Nothing Stops Detroit,' which he motioned to throw up to him. It made it, and it was awesome to have him wear it the rest of the show! I hope he didn't throw it out after haha! Then, at the end of the show, one of the techs handed Eddie's pick to me--I couldn't believe it! All in all, an amazing night. I hope we showed PJ that Detroit can still live up to its Detroit Rock City title, and I hope they come back soon. I also hope that some people who were not as familiar with the city were able to enjoy it, and come away with some non-media biased new, positive views :)

As always, can't wait til the next show!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • iimagineiimagine Cleveland Ohio Posts: 492
    I've posted this before, Detroit was the BOMB!! I think it's being way underrated, look at the set list! The sound in The Joe was incredible, and Ed's voice was like velvet through out the entire show. The band was outstanding, the audience beside themselves- ABSOLUTE PERFECTION!
    "The Only Thing Worse Than Realizing Your Shortcomings, Is Not Realizing Your Brilliance"- iimagine (Gina) 2012
  • mandm621mandm621 moran, mi Posts: 93

That's a pretty strong contender for best setlist of 2014. Up there with Leeds for me. If I'd known they were going to play Black, Red, Yellow, I would have been there, no question.

It was soooooo awesome that they played it!!!
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    iimagine said:

I've posted this before, Detroit was the BOMB!! I think it's being way underrated, look at the set list! The sound in The Joe was incredible, and Ed's voice was like velvet through out the entire show. The band was outstanding, the audience beside themselves- ABSOLUTE PERFECTION!

=D> Well said
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    looking forward to the bootleg
  • In honor of the last Detroit show before 2014, here is the last two mins of concert at Palace of Auburn Hills in 2006. Star Spangled banner by Mike.

http://youtu.be/AfVSy337eR8
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,291
    otto48313 said:

In honor of the last Detroit show before 2014, here is the last two mins of concert at Palace of Auburn Hills in 2006. Star Spangled banner by Mike.

Love Mike wearing the 'Motorhead England' t-shirt.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Listening now on Sirius...great show. Sounds great too
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    otto48313 said:

In honor of the last Detroit show before 2014, here is the last two mins of concert at Palace of Auburn Hills in 2006. Star Spangled banner by Mike.

brings back bittersweet memories...

did you see me? i saw you.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Good job Detroit. The crowd was awesome.
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    Amazing show. It was my 24 show and it was the first time I heard them open with Release (saw them open with it again in Denver the following week).
    I just finished listening to the bootleg and it's definelty worth the download.
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    dr122931 said:

Great show. I too was shocked that I really enjoyed my time in Detroit (aside from the saints loss). The arena was kind of a shithole, but the sound was incredible and there were ample bathrooms and vendors.
    In 24 shows, I'd never seen them open with release somehow (I've caught it on encore). Also, I got oceans for the first time. The crowd was amazing and the band was in top form.

I randomly met mike walking down the street Friday and he was incredibly cool and humble.

Just finished the bootleg. Wow what a great show.
  • Great bootleg. Definitely like it better than the Moline show.
    not a review, but... i noticed a lot of the guys around me were so pumped they were doing this new clapping to the beat of the song thing. i felt like i was surrounded by flamenco dancers.
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    hail hail
  • mandm621mandm621 moran, mi Posts: 93
    The Detroit show was amazing!!!!! Bootleg is amazing! The place was crazy for Pearl Jam! The music was beyond great, but so was Eddie's stories. I've listened and watched the fall tour on youtube, and boots, and I'm thinking....the stories are hilarious! Eddie is so great at telling them. Got me wondering...why don't the "guys" make a video, of stories from the road? Funny things that have happened over the years. Ed talks about a bouncer in one show, and it was so funny, (and he has really good timing lol) Got me thinking , they must all have funny stories to tell. Wouldn't that be a great PJ25 thing to do?
  • LedbettermenLedbettermen Flint, Michigan Posts: 32
    edited December 2014
    2014.10.16 Detroit, MI
    2011.06.26 Detroit, MI (Ed solo), 2006.05.20 Auburn Hills, MI
    2006.05.19 Grand Rapids, MI, 2006.05.09 Toronto, ON
    2005.09.19 Toronto, ON, 2004.10.03 Grand Rapids, MI
    2004.10.02 Toledo, OH, 2003.06.26 Clarkston, MI
    2003.06.25 Clarkston, MI, 2000.10.07 Auburn Hills, MI
    1998.08.23 Auburn Hills, MI, 1998.08.18 East Lansing, MI
    1992.08.01 Clarkston, MI, 1991.11.21 Ann Arbor, MI
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    "i belong to someone else...you now belong to who knows where...i swear...i hope i never..i have to see u again.."

pff....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • December 17, 2014 -- 9:15 PM:
    GA wristband from the Joe Louis show just fell off. *sigh*
    At least I have the bootleg to console me.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    JE70630 wrote: »
    December 17, 2014 -- 9:15 PM:

You have had it on that long? wow!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • JE70630JE70630 Posts: 11
    edited December 2014
    BLACK35 wrote: »
    JE70630 wrote: »
    December 17, 2014 -- 9:15 PM:

You have had it on that long? wow!

Yeah, everything about that show made for such an incredible night (plus it was my first show in the GA Pit, which was a dream come true) that I wanted to wear it as long as I could. The last few fibers holding it together finally gave up the ghost when I slipped my arm into my coat.
    Post edited by JE70630 on
  • listening to eddie talk to the guy who wanted them to play get right.....classic.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    Listening to the bootleg right now. What a great fucking show. The energy from the band and the crowd was so amazing and it really comes through on the boot.
    Man I fucking love this band :)
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Listening to the bootleg right now. What a great fucking show. The energy from the band and the crowd was so amazing and it really comes through on the boot.
    Man I fucking love this band :)

Can't wait till I get home and give it a listen. Pops said I had a package in the mail, so I assume it's my boots that I ordered 4 weeks ago
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    "i belong to someone else...you now belong to who knows where...i swear...i hope i never..i have to see u again.."

pff....

what's this?
    is it on the boot?