***CHRISTMAS FUNDRAISER FOR KELSIE! PJ MYSTERY BOX PRIZE!!! DEADLINE 12/17***

Comments

• Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    I have tennis from 6-7:30pm ET, so I will still do the drawing around 8pm ET, 8:15 ET at the latest. I'll be sure to post updates in the threads once I've begun and ended the drawing, and again, will notify winners once it concludes.
    SS9981 said:

Sorry if I caused any problems for you. Didn't realize certain words would set Paypal off. For what it's for, they should be trying to help, not make it more of a hassle for you to help a sick child.

All good, I haven't heard anything from then since I got your donation. I understand the legalities of why raffles and lotteries can't be run (due to fraud concerns), but it's not as if I opened this account the day before I started getting donations, I've had it for 10-15 years. Had I just opened it, I could see some red flags being raised.

But what pissed me off the most is that they simply restricted my account, and THEN let me know about it. That's like throwing someone in jail and then telling them what they're being charged with...
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    edited September 2014
    Well done Jeremy on raising everything for Kelsies family, you deserve more than a round of applause , next time you are in Australia I'll buy you a few drinks. I love this great PJ community great to see everyone helping Kelsie, so sad what she must be going through and heartbreaking as a parent to watch her suffer. Thank you from everyone for arranging this raffle. =D> =D>
  • Well said…
    Thank you Jeremy!
    My pleasure guys!
    Again, drawing around 8pm ET tonight. I still have to tally up the total funds to go to Kelsie's fund, but as soon as I do (hopefully tonight) I'll be sure to post it here.
    Good luck everyone \:D/
    Pushing it to 9pm ET, sorry :( Tennis is going a little long.
    Winners have all been notified. Thank you all again so very much for all of your contributions!

I just tallied up the total amount, and we raised $1,190 ($1015 sent through paypal and $175 sent directly to the fundraising site in the link on the first page). I am going to bump it up to $1250 total, so I will be transferring $1075 to Kelsie's fund by the weekend (I'd like to complete the process on all of the prizes first).

Thank you all, this could not have happened without you. We finished a little short of my $1,500 goal, and the Monaldi family is still well short of their $10,000 overall goal for medical bills, but this will certainly go a long way.

Again, thank you all very much!!!!

Jeremy
  • jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    =D> :x
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Great Job Jeremy!
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Beautiful just beautiful!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • radarradar Posts: 767
    Thank you! Awesome job Jeremy
    Hi everyone!
    So I just made the full donation to Kelsie's fund account. Again, thank you all so much. To all winners, if you'd like to post pictures when you receive your prize, please feel free to do so right here. I honestly think the mystery of what you'll receive makes this even better.

Also, a few people emailed me over the past week with a good idea to try and do something for Kelsie for Christmas. I don't know what kind of Christmas Kelsie will be able to have, and the money certainly will help with the medical side of things, but she is still a 12-year old girl, and deserves to celebrate Christmas like any other kid.

Hopefully she will receive some great news soon (her family is hoping for a confirmation of remission around 10/22), so a great holiday season would be icing on the cake. I'm open to specific ideas, but the main one I received was a Secret Santa-type deal. Maybe find out some things Kelsie likes, spread that out among those who want to contribute, and put a fairly cheap spending limit on the gifts. I don't know, ideas are welcome. If you have any ideas, shoot me a PM.
  • dfishbergdfishberg Posts: 403
    I just got home from a hard day of work and I had the Brooklyn poster waiting for me! Really excited to get it because I was at the show. Thank you Adrien! Awesome job by everyone in the raffle and I am so glad that we could help a little girl and her family through such a trying time.
    =D>
    dfishberg said:

Really excited to get it because I was at the show.>

Funny how that worked out :) Enjoy!!
    dfishberg said:

I just got home from a hard day of work and I had the Brooklyn poster waiting for me! Really excited to get it because I was at the show. Thank you Adrien! Awesome job by everyone in the raffle and I am so glad that we could help a little girl and her family through such a trying time.
    =D>

=D> Looks like that's the one peoples are saying looks similar to the Cincy one or visa versa. Awesome!
    No one else has received any mystery prizes?
    edited October 2014
    FoxyRedLa said:

No one else has received any mystery prizes?

I believe some have posted in the same thread on LD
    Gotcha.
    UPDATE:
    Kelsie is going in for her PET scan today to see if the LCH is in remission.
  • Peacefrog1975Peacefrog1975 Posts: 715
    edited October 2014
    I received the PJ 06 Denver Poster,
    Very cool Jeremy!

• Prayers for Kelsie and the Family
    Message from Nicole:
    "Well the scan showed it hasn't moved to any other parts of her body, her arm is still lighting up on the scan and they want to get an MRI to see if it's healing or active LCH cells. So there's a 50/50 chance it's either healing or still active. MRI will give them that info so the wait continues for MRI results."
    Sending best wishes to Kelsie and her family, I have everything crossed for good news very soon. :x
    Paraphrased update from Kelsie's mom Terri -

The doctors have decided to do surgery. They aren't sure how much of the tumor (it's in her arm) they will be able to remove until they get in there. She will need chemo afterwards, not sure what and for how long until the surgery takes place.
    I've been thinking about Kelsie hoping an update would come soon... :( how scary for Kelsie and her family.

I will continue my thoughts and prayers.
    Was also thinking on my drive home - we need to get our xmas plan together. :)
    FoxyRedLa said:

Was also thinking on my drive home - we need to get our xmas plan together. :)

I know and I apologize for "delaying" it, just been really busy. I'm going to do my best to have a concrete plan by this weekend, will post here when I do.
    UPDATE:
    So Kelsie is in surgery today - actually right now. I'm sorry I have not come up with a definitive plan for xmas gift(s) for Kelsie, but life has been hectic and I have not heard back from her family regarding anything specific that she would want.

If anyone has some ideas, something that can be done fairly quickly, let me know :)
    Ok question. Are we leaning towards one big gift....or individual? If individual would we send everything to you Brane...not sure they'd want their address out there...?