Options

cant believe they SCAMMED me....

13»

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,947
    badbrains said:

Who the fuck uses craigslist to buy tix to ANYTHING? Sooooo many second markets with guarantees or just use THIS place. Common sense seems to be missing when it comes to pj, some fucken drug this band is.

I've bought and sold tix on Craigslist several times. Always done in person though with actual tickets and cash.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

badbrains said:

Who the fuck uses craigslist to buy tix to ANYTHING? Sooooo many second markets with guarantees or just use THIS place. Common sense seems to be missing when it comes to pj, some fucken drug this band is.

I've bought and sold tix on Craigslist several times. Always done in person though with actual tickets and cash.

But at least we know you. You can be verified here. If I don't know you, I ain't buying shit. That's just me.
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, not sure where the liar idea comes from. What would be the point of him making this up??

To try to get a free ticket here

Not saying he made it up because I have no idea but the story makes very little sense

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    wow.

Not only is he not telling the truth, he is a she. And she isnt a 10 club member at all. Nor is she a person. She is an elephant pretending to be a toaster.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    MayDay10 said:

wow.

Not only is he not telling the truth, he is a she. And she isnt a 10 club member at all. Nor is she a person. She is an elephant pretending to be a toaster.

:)) , those toasters....they try and get you every time
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    edited October 2014
    Recently, I was almost burned by someone who was selling section 120 for this past Detroit show. The 120 section plus the row they had listed, if you look up the venue seating chart for the Joe, is 100% TC reserved tickets. That is what kept me from continuing with the seller. But before officially pulling out on my end after I realized, I told the guy I couldn't afford his price and gave him the amount I could afford. His response was "ok, that's fair" lol
    Not surprisingly, a day later someone beat me to posting about the 120 section tickets being a scam online here this community. Whoever that was, good on you.

Anyway, simply look up the section, and ask yourself, "Are those TC tickets?"
    The person has to pick them up so pay at the venue right after the venue personnel scans the ticket. That filter system seems to work.
    Post edited by zarocat on
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    badbrains said:

I do. If I buy through the secondary market I always take the time to find the best deal, regardless of where it may be. I've bought nearly a dozen times on Craigslist and never had a problem. Just this month I bought a ticket for an event in Charlotte (I live in Atlanta), sent a money order in the mail and he sent the ticket. You know you take a chance with CL but if you're willing to take the chance you're also willing to get burned.

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,790
    So, when are we going to get an update? :::Popcorn emoji:::
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,833
    OP: sorry to hear about that. Sucks to be taken advantage of. My guess is you were duped not only on the tickets but the douche's front that he was a Pearl Jam fan. Hope you were able to find tix and attend the show.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,528

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, if anyone asks for money before the day of the show always say no, since the person has to pick them up at will call, so there is NO reason for them to want that unless they are ripping you off.

I actually disagree with this. I've had extra non-10c tix to shows before but I never confirm until I have payment. I guess it just depends on both parties, but if I can give credentials, like my eBay ID, personal email and phone number, or in PJ's case, the fact that I have over 3,000 posts on here, that should buy some goodwill.

Still curious how the OP made payment.
    Asking for money helps protect the seller from A

MayDay10 said:

wow.

:)) , those toasters....they try and get you every time
    Doesn't matter if it is tickets, posters, stickers, or properly heated bread you want, they'll get you every time.
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    There has been a real lack of posts by the OP on this.
    Oh well, guess the toaster is busy making toast.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    he went back to being a toaster and toasters cant post.
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    toasters don't have a trunk to type with
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I think it shit a cupcake :D
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    hedonist said:

I think it shit a cupcake :D

This things awesome hedonist! I got to get one!
This discussion has been closed.