Options

Sleater Kinney news

New album and reunion tour. Let the song requests begin. Lol

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,990
    Such great news. Plus the song is a jam.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,151
    A band I have never been able to get into. Like the Grateful Dead. Glad you all are excited though! : )
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    hinsey21hinsey21 Posts: 582
    If anyone is picking up the vinyl box. Let me know how it is, I am very interested in grabbing it. I only have the woods.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,655
    I wonder if they decided to do this because they have the Portlandia popularity wave to ride right now?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    Nice, ordered the deluxe edition. I'm also looking for a copy of the Woods on green/brown vinyl if anyone has it. Willing to trade this album for it as well.
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    PJ_Soul said:

I wonder if they decided to do this because they have the Portlandia popularity wave to ride right now?

i don't think so. i do think they really thought it was time. i think this is the last year for portlandia, and they just finished filming that around town. janet is free, corin had been working with peter buck after 2 of her own albums. it was probably more of a now or never kinda thing more than them trying to capitalize on the tv show.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    also, i cannot wait for the official first show back. i'm sure it will be here in portland and i will be there with bells on.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    llessuRllessuR Posts: 195
    Going to try and make the Spokane show.
    http://www.audiohammock.com - Rock, Indie, and Electronic reviews, news, and the AudioHammock podcast.
    Favorite Albums of 2014 Article
    -Gorge 2005
    -Bonnaroo 2008
    -Key Arena 1 & 2 2009
    -Spokane 2013
  • Options
    lazyjc22lazyjc22 Posts: 128
    Awesome news. Just wish my daughter were old enough to go to a show with me.
  • Options
    ThunderclapThunderclap Lexington, KY Posts: 108
    For what it's worth, Carrie tweeted today that there will be more seasons of Portlandia :-bd . Obviously it can't go on forever but I think it's got a few more left.
    TEACHER SEEKS PUPIL
    Must have an earnest desire to save the world
    Apply in person
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

A band I have never been able to get into. Like the Grateful Dead. Glad you all are excited though! : )

I can't stand them, just figured id share the news. Lol