Options

*** Detroit Fanviews Here 10/16/14 ***

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,700
    silentJ said:

An amazing show, Release-Oceans, are you kidding me!!! That was so awesome. Black Red Yellow, all the local banter and the Kiss stuff. Crowd was great, so was Detroit, great city, never been before but not as bad as everyone says. In fact it was a great city!!

Yes !!! I gotta admit I thought bad about Detroit before my stay but the city was awesome ! It rocked dude... Would love to visit again.
  • Options
    AMAZING
    AMAZING
    AMAZING
    Thank U 10C for the great seats!
    Thank U PJ for a perfect show and inspiring a city!!!
    3-20-1994 Ann Arbor, MI 8-23-1998 Auburn Hills, MI 10-7-2000 Auburn Hills; MI 5-22-2006 Auburn Hills, MI 5-9-2010 Cleveland, OH; EV 6-28-2011 Detroit, MI 10-16-2014 Detroit, MI, EV 9-23-2017 Louisville KY
  • Options
    SlickSlick Posts: 20
    What an unforgettable first show ever for my wife and I. I posted in another thread that the songs I most wanted were Release, Oceans, and Nothingman so thanks to the guys for making that wish come true in the first 15 minutes!!!! Thanks to 10C for the opportunity for tix, truly amazing amazing experience.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited October 2014
    This was my first ever hometown-ish show, and I am still processing how great it was. Thanks to a wonderful friend, we could trade our TM tickets for a pair of GA to celebrate the hometown show and my second anniversary of moving to the United States. When we entered the pit, we thought: Wow, this is tiny. But it still felt roomy, there were not tons of people there. We ended up about 6 rows behind the rail and came a little closer during the show. The pit stayed that roomy throughout the show, there was no shoving no feeling squeezed or uncomfy, it was the perfect pit! We danced our butts and had a great time. I was wondering why the pit felt so empty, maybe the security decided to go the safe route because it was Detroit? Who knows, but it was great for everybody in the pit. Not getting Pendulum as a starter did not bum me at all, since I have seen it a couple of times already. I loved how the main set was rolling along. People kept saying it was a hitty set, but to me, it didn't really feel that way. I loved how nice and tight the whole first set was. The good stuff just kept coming. I loved to hear Imagine for the first time (and second time last night in Moline). Ed seemed a little wasted, but I thought this was just making things a bit more entertaining.
    My highlights were the "alternative beginning" with no Pensulum, Light Years, my first ever Black, Red & Yellow, Not for You, Imagine and Ed's banter about the size of the penisses of the Red Wings players :D Oh, and I found a Mike pick on the floor early in the show as well!

My husband ended up on the jumbo tron during Alive, if anybody has video of that, I would love to knowe cause we want to see it :D

This show kicked ass! Only bummer was that we did not get any stickers, they were all sold out. If anybody has 2 spares, please let me know.

Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I'm sitting in my recliner back in PA after today's 7 hour drive. Yes, No Code is my favorite album and Moline is getting all the talk. You know what, Moline didn't get Oceans.

Thanks Detroit, you were great and I hope to see you again.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

This was my first ever hometown-ish show, and I am still processing how great it was. Thanks to a wonderful friend, we could trade our TM tickets for a pair of GA to celebrate the hometown show and my second anniversary of moving to the United States. When we entered the pit, we thought: Wow, this is tiny. But it still felt roomy, there were not tons of people there. We ended up about 6 rows behind the rail and came a little closer during the show. The pit stayed that roomy throughout the show, there was no shoving no feeling squeezed or uncomfy, it was the perfect pit! We danced our butts and had a great time. I was wondering why the pit felt so empty, maybe the security decided to go the safe route because it was Detroit? Who knows, but it was great for everybody in the pit. Not getting Pendulum as a starter did not bum me at all, since I have seen it a couple of times already. I loved how the main set was rolling along. People kept saying it was a hitty set, but to me, it didn't really feel that way. I loved how nice and tight the whole first set was. The good stuff just kept coming. I loved to hear Imagine for the first time (and second time last night in Moline). Ed seemed a little wasted, but I thought this was just making things a bit more entertaining.
    My highlights were the "alternative beginning" with no Pensulum, Light Years, my first ever Black, Red & Yellow, Not for You, Imagine and Ed's banter about the size of the penisses of the Red Wings players :D Oh, and I found a Mike pick on the floor early in the show as well!

My husband ended up on the jumbo tron during Alive, if anybody has video of that, I would love to knowe cause we want to see it :D

This show kicked ass! Only bummer was that we did not get any stickers, they were all sold out. If anybody has 2 spares, please let me know.

i've seen so many pictures of you two here, i recognized you right away when you walked into the pit. i almost waved, but then thought, 'wait, they don't know me, what am i doing?'. i also just happened to look up on the big screen when cav was on. how awesome! glad you had fun!

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Aww! Next time, wave! We are nice people and we love to meet fellow tenclubbers :D I go to people that I know from facebook all the time and try to get a hug lol We had a blast in the pit! The last three days were so awesome!
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

Aww! Next time, wave! We are nice people and we love to meet fellow tenclubbers :D I go to people that I know from facebook all the time and try to get a hug lol We had a blast in the pit! The last three days were so awesome!

I was sitting up about 10 rows on Mike's side. I will definitely say hello next time. Hopefully it will be soon!!!

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Loved this show! Floated back to the hotel. Thank you 10club for the awesome seats. Release had me choked up. Then Oceans! Black Red Yellow! Light Years! Loved the musical teasers and turned to my boyfriend and yelled "split enz!" when Ed sang a bit of the chorus to "I hope never" at the end of Black. Had a good laugh when we got to our seats and found we were seated next to Gordon and Tim again (who we met at the Buffalo show last year). Now crossing all fingers and toes for a Canadian tour in the near future!
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I hope u enjoyed the show. Return the favor and get me a GA for Milwaukee.

VTY,
    The guy who hooked u up wit a detroit GA
    cardoso said:

cardoso said:

rssesq said:

Just got to Moline and after last nightI am not expecting too much. WHAT A SHOW! It was #87 for me and a great night to have GA's. Band was amped from the jump and fed off the detroit energy.

to the kid from Brazil that I gave my GA to. I hope u enjoyed that show. I saw u on the rail having a blast.

Probably you sell to me my friend!!!! Need say thank you many times

Cardoso man, I saw you standing outside with your sign! If I knew it was you I would have said hi. Awesome you got a GA! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

Hi my friend
    We Lost chance to meet and talk, nexts time will be pleasure talk to You my friend
    Going to st paul or mke?
    Can talk personally these
    All the best
  • Options

I was sitting up about 10 rows on Mike's side. I will definitely say hello next time. Hopefully it will be soon!!!

Yeah!!

• Options
    j1kotwicj1kotwic Posts: 168
    When Ed smashed his guitar and stomped on it (I think after betterman) - I thought to myself that may have been the coolest fucking thing I have ever seen in my life. Maybe he always does that? Or maybe my life is a bit boring so that shit just seems REALLY cool to me... Was looking on youtube for a video but couldn't find one. Anyone have a link to that guitar smash? I'd like to watch it every morning before I start my day.
  • Options
    tuktuktuktuk Posts: 84
    http://youtu.be/3hVk7y0pFVU
    The only one I can find so far. Vedder stomp.
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Detroit Posters available right now over at

http://shop.invisibleindustries.com/collections/limited-editions
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    j1kotwicj1kotwic Posts: 168
    tuktuk said:

http://youtu.be/3hVk7y0pFVU
    The only one I can find so far. Vedder stomp.

Thanks for posting. God I enjoy the shit outta that.
  • Options
    childofthemoonchildofthemoon Detroit Posts: 60
    That was fun! So happy they played Joe Louis and not The Palace.
  • Options
    LedbettermenLedbettermen Flint, Michigan Posts: 32
    edited October 2014
    Chris Chelios was autographing the Pearl Jam Hockey poster of him at Cheli's Bar before & after the Lions game Sunday.
    got one for $30 AWESOME!
    This was my 15th time seeing PJ live and it ranks in the top 5.
    Great Singing Detroit!
    Post edited by Ledbettermen on
    2014.10.16 Detroit, MI
    2011.06.26 Detroit, MI (Ed solo), 2006.05.20 Auburn Hills, MI
    2006.05.19 Grand Rapids, MI, 2006.05.09 Toronto, ON
    2005.09.19 Toronto, ON, 2004.10.03 Grand Rapids, MI
    2004.10.02 Toledo, OH, 2003.06.26 Clarkston, MI
    2003.06.25 Clarkston, MI, 2000.10.07 Auburn Hills, MI
    1998.08.23 Auburn Hills, MI, 1998.08.18 East Lansing, MI
    1992.08.01 Clarkston, MI, 1991.11.21 Ann Arbor, MI
  • Options
    My quick 2¢:

My first PJ show since '10, 7th overall (+Ed solo in '11, makes 8ish). Hometown show for me. Ecstatic that they chose the Joe and skipped the Palace, made the entire experience better. People who traveled for this show from out of state, be thankful!! All the people saying Detroit is some kind of shithole, just wrong… There are bars, restaurants, museums, public transportation…The Palace of Auburn Hills has horrible sound and one bar within a twenty minute drive, let alone an hour walk. Thank god they chose the Joe!!!!! Sounded so much better!

This was my first GA show, and so i was a bit worried ahead of time. Wasn't sure what people were saying as far as waiting in line ahead of time, and the "Numbers" thing …Was worried that i was making a mistake not heading down early. Now i know it just refers to the Merch line…Damn, 4 hour wait for a jersey!!?? Pass!!
    But was very happy with my 5 minute wait at will call. Hopped on the people mover, had some quick PJ conversations with some guys from Hamilton, and another couple, headed down to Greektown, grabbed some food and drinks and drinks…Came back right after doors, walked straight in the GA entrance, no wait. Grabbed a couple more drinks from Olympia Club, down to the floor, parked about 5-6 back, halfway between Stone and Ed.

The crowd was loud from the start, couldn't hear Ed or guitars very much for the first couple songs. 1st time songs for me: Release, Oceans, Light Years, BRY, LB and MYM, Once, Amongst the Waves, Man of the Hour, Imagine. That's a hell of a lot of 1st time songs considering i've seen 6 other shows by this band! i mean i get it, i get it…and i haven't seen 'em 75 times like most of y'all...But it really puts things into perspective.

Guy behind me called "I am Mine" before Ed started Light Years. I corrected him, had to be right, lol. Good guess tho man, very close! Another girl in the pit started handing out water bottles somewhere near the end of set one. thanks to you!! And congrats to the license plate girl getting on camera, spoke with her really quick before the show.

As others have said, lots of tags: Stranglehold, I wanna be your Dog, save it for later, Detroit Rock City. I haven't heard PJ play any Detroit Rock City except for listening to ATL '94 eight thousand times over, so that threw me for a small loop.

Again, first time being up close for PJ, and first show since '10, and i just couldn't believe the energy level on stage. And the smiling!!! Jesus, these guys were happy and loose, all of 'em. And Ed's up there smashing lights and guitars, splashing wine on the crowd, running up the side stairs…McCready down into the crowd….so fun to watch.

Anyways, can't wait for the boot. Couldn't hear McCready very well where i was at, so i'm looking forward to hearing which songs he demolished. Can't say enough about Matt Cameron, although i guess the "Matt Fucking Cameron" Sign that was about 5 people in front of me sort of covers it: MC is a MACHINE!! I was happy to be parked out by Stone tho; i like focusing in on his parts…my favorite player out there. Go Stone!

Couldn't be happier with any of the whole nite. Honestly didn't think there was any way they could live up to the amount of hype my mind has generated…but Easily the best show i've seen of theirs. Thanks so much PJ.

• Options
    Amazing show... Saw them many times but that show was in my top 3 or 4 shows easily. I drove over 500 miles to see that show and have no regrets. Highlights for me were : the first four songs, light years, BRY, got some, once, RVM, STBC, imagine , Baba, etc. The "get right song not played over 10 years" chat, Matt Lukin on the left side, the french words (because im French first).. Lot of energy, very good crowd, they were very into it...cant wait for the bootleg ! Thanks PJ and thanks Matt Cameron's mom ! :-)
    2000 : Montréal.
    2003 : Toronto & Montréal.
    2005 : Montréal & Québec City.
    2006 : Albany.
    2008 : Hartford, Mansfield I & II.
    2009 : Toronto.
    2011 : Montréal, Toronto I & II, Ottawa.
    2013 : Worcester I.
    2014 : Detroit.
    2016 : Québec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II, Boston I & II.
    2018 : Boston I & II.
    2022 : Quebec City & Ottawa.

EV : Montréal I & II in 2008. Hartford in 2011.

10-04-00, 06-28-03, 06-29-03, 09-15-05, 09-20-05, 05-12-06, 06-27-08, 06-28-08, 06-30-08, 08-09-08 (EV), 08-10-08 (EV), 08-21-09, 06-18-11 (EV), 09-07-11, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 09-14-11, 10-15-13, 10-16-14, 05-05-16; 05-08-16; 05-10-16; 05-12-16; 08-05-16, 08-07-16, 09-02-18, 09-04-18, 09-01-22 and 09-03-22.
  • Options
    This was my first show and my wife's third show. We drove 6 1/2 hours, but it was the closest tour stop for us. It was definitely worth the time and effort to get there. The sound was great at Joe Louis arena. Being my first show I enjoyed every song played, however I think the setlist was terrific. So many memorable moments and songs, and I left the concert wanting more. I can't wait to plan my next trip.
    Detroit: 10/16/14
  • Options
    Ok...I don't know wtf all these people are talking about. pearl jam is normally incredible. I have seen them 20 times and this was easily the worst show ever from Go up until encore 1. First not having any general admission area is not a wise move. It takes from, not adds to the aura of the band. It was a crowd of mid aged white suburbanites so smashed drunk they could barely see. Hoarding their seats and calling security because we were standing next to them in the aisle. Never used to be like that. I guess that is what you d expect when the people buying the good seats are likely people with money who probably dont even know the music well in any way. I was kicked out of the gen admin areas multiple times by fans who ratted me out. Eddie mocked detroit often and he also apologized atfter an ovation saying they did not deserve it. He told the crowd he loved Canada in order to provoke them. He was irritable. He was probably trippin on shrooms if I had to guess and he felt the vibe and the negativity. He knew his crowd wasnt there. It was something helse. He was like a puppet on strings trying to impress a crowd that he was mocking openly. WAIT AND GET THE DAMN live CD!! You will know it then. The show improved exponentially after he smashed the guitar and stomped on it more than i ever saw him (because he felt bad about how he did the crowd). I thought the crowd was weak also. Something has been lost. Maybe theyre old and maybe the crowd was too old, but Im telling you that the shit was weak compared to how it normally goes. Eddie, if you read this, YOU definitely know what I m saying. Love Ed and the band to death but they had a down night and EDDIE knew it. He apologized for it and that is when it got better. They are fun to forgive. Ill admit that. But take that epic show shit and stick it. Its just not true.
  • Options
    mcatakemcatake Posts: 101
    traindoga said:

Ok...I don't know wtf all these people are talking about. pearl jam is normally incredible. I have seen them 20 times and this was easily the worst show ever from Go up until encore 1. First not having any general admission area is not a wise move. It takes from, not adds to the aura of the band. It was a crowd of mid aged white suburbanites so smashed drunk they could barely see. Hoarding their seats and calling security because we were standing next to them in the aisle. Never used to be like that. I guess that is what you d expect when the people buying the good seats are likely people with money who probably dont even know the music well in any way. I was kicked out of the gen admin areas multiple times by fans who ratted me out. Eddie mocked detroit often and he also apologized atfter an ovation saying they did not deserve it. He told the crowd he loved Canada in order to provoke them. He was irritable. He was probably trippin on shrooms if I had to guess and he felt the vibe and the negativity. He knew his crowd wasnt there. It was something helse. He was like a puppet on strings trying to impress a crowd that he was mocking openly. WAIT AND GET THE DAMN live CD!! You will know it then. The show improved exponentially after he smashed the guitar and stomped on it more than i ever saw him (because he felt bad about how he did the crowd). I thought the crowd was weak also. Something has been lost. Maybe theyre old and maybe the crowd was too old, but Im telling you that the shit was weak compared to how it normally goes. Eddie, if you read this, YOU definitely know what I m saying. Love Ed and the band to death but they had a down night and EDDIE knew it. He apologized for it and that is when it got better. They are fun to forgive. Ill admit that. But take that epic show shit and stick it. Its just not true.

I think this is all people need to read to understand your critical review. "I was kicked out of the gen admin areas multiple times by fans who ratted me out." Let me guess....you were also shoving them out of your way so you could get to the rail.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    I was in the seating area 3 rows back off the rail on the floor sitting in seats 1 & 2. All night long people were going up to the front of the rail, which is fine. But more often than not the same said people would would end up drifting over in front of me and I had to either step aside or have my view blocked. So I may have been one of those people who asked you to move traindoga
    I didn't care that you guys stood there as long as you didn't block my view, I paid good money to be there and I wasn't going to let someone else who didn't have a seat there block my view, so too bad you feel that way. I'm sure you wouldn't like someone standing in front of you all night blocking your view when they didn't pay for the seat.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    wawwaw Posts: 61

I think this is all people need to read to understand your critical review. "I was kicked out of the gen admin areas multiple times by fans who ratted me out." Let me guess....you were also shoving them out of your way so you could get to the rail.

all butthurt from being ratted ratted out... glad you got to the bottom of it mcatake!
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    traindoga said:

HUH??? i think we all know who was really on drugs at this show..
    dude, just stay in your crappy seats and bitch and moan from there, stop trying to get better seats and complaining when asked to move. so much wrong in this post, i dont even feel like tackling it all..
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177
    nycrats said:

traindoga said:

dude, just stay in your crappy seats and bitch and moan from there, stop trying to get better seats and complaining when asked to move. so much wrong in this post, i dont even feel like tackling it all..
    I think this dude accidently attended a CREED show

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    lolobugg said:

nycrats said:

traindoga said:

I think this dude accidently attended a CREED show
    Yeah, he created his own prison =))
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    edited October 2014
    traindoga said:

This is the most ridiculous post I've read all year...lol

Post edited by mr_canada on
  • Options
    Great show!!
    Got to hear DTE for the 13th time at my 13th show! I love that tune.
    Took the windsor city bus under the river packed with fans. To the husband and wife from Brantford - thanks for a great pre and post show. The tree was quite good.
    Finally heard oceans.
    The bud light at the venue sucked. Maybe that's what the hammered chick who puked on us in the 1st en core was pounding. :-&
    Still it was a great night in a great venue in a great town with some great fall weather.
    Let's do it again real soon¿
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    Great show. I too was shocked that I really enjoyed my time in Detroit (aside from the saints loss). The arena was kind of a shithole, but the sound was incredible and there were ample bathrooms and vendors.
    In 24 shows, I'd never seen them open with release somehow (I've caught it on encore). Also, I got oceans for the first time. The crowd was amazing and the band was in top form.

I randomly met mike walking down the street Friday and he was incredibly cool and humble.