*** MOLINE SETLIST THREAD ***

Comments

• dot30dot30 The Great Midwest Posts: 83
    edited October 2014

31.JEREMY

Played in front of the people who wanted to...oh wait, they left when they heard the "what the hell is this" part of the set list.
    =))
    Post edited by dot30 on
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable.
  • SteffyLouSteffyLou Posts: 369
    What an amazing show! It took me to Smile to finally realize what was going on. I had just kept saying to my husband - I LOVE this song! Then I LOVE this song! When Smile came and I was like I Love THIS song ! and finally it clicked in what was happening. Amazing energy all around and so happy to see the band so playful. Eddie must have said 2-3 times how excited they were.
  • pea64pea64 Indiana Posts: 207
    One of my highlights was my 3rd show in a row without Sirens!
    1998: East Troy x2, Chicago, Noblesville
    2000: Noblesville, Columbus, Cincinnati, East Troy, Chicago
    2010: Noblesville
    2013: London, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Phoenix
    2014: Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee
    2016: Chicago x2
    2018: Chicago
    SteffyLou said:

What an amazing show! It took me to Smile to finally realize what was going on. I had just kept saying to my husband - I LOVE this song! Then I LOVE this song! When Smile came and I was like I Love THIS song ! and finally it clicked in what was happening. Amazing energy all around and so happy to see the band so playful. Eddie must have said 2-3 times how excited they were.

That was me too! No Code has always been my favorite album. Was your hubby a PJ fan when you got him or did you have to school him? Or did HE school YOU? Lol
  • korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 914
    Amazing. I was waaaaay in the back last night, it was pretty awesome seeing peoples faces light up as they realized what was happening. The guys sounded awesome, venue was nice, and the crowd was into it... just wish Love Reign hadnt been crossed off.
    Now i gotta go locate a poster... any help would be greatly appreciated :)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384

Insanely jealous of, but at the same time genuinely happy for all the people who were there last night. Seeing PJ live in and of itself is always a unique & special experience, but this is pretty f'ing cool.

Hail hail the lucky ones, I refer to those who went. ^:)^

• Insanely jealous of, but at the same time genuinely happy for all the people who were there last night. Seeing PJ live in and of itself is always a unique & special experience, but this is pretty f'ing cool.

Hail hail the lucky ones, I refer to those who went. ^:)^

imageimageimage
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    SO MANY PEOPLE HAPPY..LOVE IT..GLAD U HAD A BLAST..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SteffyLouSteffyLou Posts: 369
    dot30 said:

SteffyLou said:

That was me too! No Code has always been my favorite album. Was your hubby a PJ fan when you got him or did you have to school him? Or did HE school YOU? Lol
    Totally schooled him. He was definitely into rap during the 90s where I was into alternative/metal. He has fun at the shows and plays off the crowd and my energy. He said when he could tell how excited and happy I was, he knew it was a good show.
    SteffyLou said:

dot30 said:

SteffyLou said:

Totally schooled him. He was definitely into rap during the 90s where I was into alternative/metal. He has fun at the shows and plays off the crowd and my energy. He said when he could tell how excited and happy I was, he knew it was a good show.
    Haha! My husband is in to '60s music (Kinks, Stones, Beatles), which I adore as well. But he never gave any new music a chance and called our beloved PJ "Poser Jam"! Now, he plays Alive in his local band and is pushing for them to play Evolution. And he is my concert partner now--he's got 8 shows under his belt! (14 for me).

• SarahMcNadiaSarahMcNadia Ontario / Québec Posts: 195
    cacarr1 said:

P.S. People were wondering how to pronounce Moline?
    I caught that too....weird.

lol that would be me.. I was just never sure if it was MO-LEEN or MO-LINE (as in LINE up)..?? Didn't seem obvious to me :)
    An empty cup in the middle of the sea..
    Buffalo 12-Oct-2013 * Cincinnati 01-Oct-2014 * St. Louis 03-Oct-2014
  • SarahMcNadiaSarahMcNadia Ontario / Québec Posts: 195

SO MANY PEOPLE HAPPY..LOVE IT..GLAD U HAD A BLAST..

Ditto.. So blast, such happy!
    An empty cup in the middle of the sea..
    Buffalo 12-Oct-2013 * Cincinnati 01-Oct-2014 * St. Louis 03-Oct-2014
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    I was there last night too, and it was truly magical. It was like a circle closed, my first show was Berlin 1996...
    And yes, I just read through the whole thread to relive the show lol

I am sad that we only went to two shows this time, but it was Detroit and Moline, so I won't complain :D Have a blast all you folks who go to one of the following shows! It is gonna be magical, they are on fire!
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786

cacarr1 said:

lol that would be me.. I was just never sure if it was MO-LEEN or MO-LINE (as in LINE up)..?? Didn't seem obvious to me :)

(it's moh-leen)
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • cacarr1cacarr1 Posts: 315
    CM189191 said:

cacarr1 said:

(it's moh-leen)

Rhymes with Colleen (cō-lēēn). Nancy's nom de guerre. ;)
    FYI, this was #5 for me, but first true total PJ experience (all-encompassing trip so to speak). So many fantastic people met; none of which will be forgotten any time soon. Cannot wait for the next time I can do this!!!!!!
    cacarr1 said:

FYI, this was #5 for me, but first true total PJ experience (all-encompassing trip so to speak). So many fantastic people met; none of which will be forgotten any time soon. Cannot wait for the next time I can do this!!!!!!

GLAD U HAD A BLAST!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Is "Audible City" a football reference to all the "audibles" he called and so all additions to the list? That was evident in the really long pauses between songs, and confusion, and mis-starts... NOT THAT I HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS!!
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Is "Audible City" a football reference to all the "audibles" he called and so all additions to the list? That was evident in the really long pauses between songs, and confusion, and mis-starts... NOT THAT I HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS!!
    Maybe referencing them playing moline instead of Chicago? Like switching moline and Chicago as in switching plays in football?
  • MliClkMliClk Posts: 5
    I'm with everyone else here - mind blown! I was born and raised in Moline, live and work here too! I'm not sure I'll ever come down from this concert high! I'm obsessed with this new song and I know the real lyrics will come out soon and I pray it's on the next album but in the mean time, does anyone want to help out with the lyrics? Here's what I can gather from the videos posted:

I knew there was trouble so I left Detroit
    I left my old man for a plane full of boys
    But did he leave me that son of a bitch
    Came home after dawn always smelling like _____ (help)
    He took my share and still didn’t care
    and he probably woulda killed me if I’d had stayed there
    But I had a scheme so cool and so clean
    I got me a ticket found my way to Moline
    Moline, Moline, how have you been
    Been here before but it must have been a dream
    Moline you see your rivers turn green
    The Mississippi rises and widens the seam
    Moline, the cities and this is for me
    My name is Nancy but here I’m Colleen
    Here in Moline
    Now I look through the rents and life on my own
    Yeah, anything’s better than that bastard’s home
    And someday I’ll buy and look in our pain
    I got my eye in the Quad Cities now here in Moline
    The place with a chapel on fourth avenue and twelfth street
    Moline Moline, how have you been
    I thought I had been here before but it must have been a dream
    Moline it seems that this is Moline
    You call me Nancy now I live in Moline
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    edited October 2014
    MliClk said:

I knew there was trouble so I left Detroit
    I left my old man for a plane full of boys
    For did he leave me, that son of a bitch Keith
    Came home after dawn always smelling like pink (haha, I heard "pee" at the show and in the car, but with headphones it sounds more like pink)
    He took my share and still didn’t care
    and he probably woulda killed me if I’d had stayed there
    But I had a scheme so cool and so clean
    I got me a ticket found my way to Moline
    Moline, Moline, how have you been
    Been here before but it must have been a dream
    Moline, the cities and this is for me
    My name is Nancy but here I’m Colleen
    Here in Moline
    Now I look through the rents and life on my own
    Yeah, anything’s better than in that bastard’s home
    And someday I’ll buy and look in our pain (not sure about this one, does that make sense in English?)
    I got my eye in the Quad Cities now here in Moline
    The place with a chapel on fourth avenue and twelfth street
    Moline Moline, how have you been
    I thought I had been here before but it must have been a dream
    Moline it seems that this is Moline
    You call me Nancy now I live in Moline

Glad you had such a blast! I hear this (edited in the quote). I've had this song in my head all morning haha How cool that Ed wrote a song for your hometown :D

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703

was that Becki's? I know she somehow got 2 set lists
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    Don´t know if this was posted before ... maybe it is ...

Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    cacarr1 said:

I'd have gone with Jolene, but what the hell do I know about writing songs?
  • davejtdavejt Posts: 55
    Flyingw said:

Livefootsteps.org is going to need to track events like this, and song combination rarities now (trilogies, etc). Need more PJ analytics!

We're working it...

JTH said:

cacarr1 said:

I'd have gone with Jolene, but what the hell do I know about writing songs?
    :)>-
  • Show is about 6 or 7 songs deep in Sirius XM right now
    "" the pearl jam world is going to explode tonight." YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST
    3 years ago today!!epic!!
  • carbon436carbon436 Posts: 352
    Funny when I clicked on this I went to page 2 and looked at all the hate around the poster.....amazing how perceptions change :)
    5 years ago today!!!!!!