*** Detroit Fanviews Here 10/16/14 ***

Comments

• Does anyone know how i can get my hands on a PJ Red Wings Jersey!? They looked so badass last night. I'm such a dummy for not spending a whole 3 minutes to get one..Cripes!!
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    edited October 2014
    Just got to Moline and after last nightI am not expecting too much. WHAT A SHOW! It was #87 for me and a great night to have GA's. Band was amped from the jump and fed off the detroit energy.

to the kid from Brazil that I gave my GA to. I hope u enjoyed that show. I saw u on the rail having a blast.
    Post edited by rssesq on
  • BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    Only my 4th show since 2003... BUT.. easily the best. Just an absolutely magical set from a band that seemed genuinely humbled by the reception. Here's to hoping it won't be another near-decade before they're back in Michigan. Glad I didn't sit this one out after losing the 10c lottery. Even being in upper bowl was a great place to spend the evening.

What t-shirt was Ed wearing underneath his button down shirt?? It honestly looked like it said Imagine Dragons lol.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 717
    i was at Memphis and thought i caught a good one until i saw the Detroit setlist last night, holy shit, what a good show you had. looking forward to the boot
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • cardosocardoso Porto Alegre-BR Posts: 1,460
    rssesq said:

Just got to Moline and after last nightI am not expecting too much. WHAT A SHOW! It was #87 for me and a great night to have GA's. Band was amped from the jump and fed off the detroit energy.

to the kid from Brazil that I gave my GA to. I hope u enjoyed that show. I saw u on the rail having a blast.

Probably you sell to me my friend!!!! Need say thank you many times

First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  St. Paul 2, USA 02.09.2023
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    BV84003 said:

Only my 4th show since 2003... BUT.. easily the best. Just an absolutely magical set from a band that seemed genuinely humbled by the reception. Here's to hoping it won't be another near-decade before they're back in Michigan. Glad I didn't sit this one out after losing the 10c lottery. Even being in upper bowl was a great place to spend the evening.

What t-shirt was Ed wearing underneath his button down shirt?? It honestly looked like it said Imagine Dragons lol.

"Nudedragons": http://soundgarden.shop.bravadousa.com/Product.aspx?cp=58631&view_in=Mobile&pc=BGCTGA22
  • BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    edited October 2014
    ^
    Thank you! Much better than what I was guessing ;)
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    What an incredible show! Alot of times you go see PJ and the crowd makes the show. They help lift the band up. Whether it's someone being sick or the grind of being on the road, or whatever. Last night however PJ lifted the crowd. I haven't seen a band pulsate energy at it's audience like that in a LONG time. They were absolutely firing on all cyllinders last night. I doubt the band reads this but if they do, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR DUSTING OFF BLACK RED YELLOW!!!!!!!!
    Great show guys.

• jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Need the boot now. Any audience boots yet?
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Show # 10 for me and I almost didn't go after getting stymied in the10club lottery...thankfully my buddy got GA Floor!! (Thanks Chris!!!)
    Had a different impression of the vibe of the show than everyone else posting. Apparently, I must have been deafened early on in the set (was about 20 feet from Mike who was absolutely killing it!!!) but it kinda seemed quite between songs. When I woke this morning my ears were still ringing pretty good so i am assuming it was just my hearing, haha!!! Anyway, the sing-alongs were definitely heard loud and clear and there were a pile of them (Nothingman, Betterman, Corduroy, Evenflow....). My favourite was, without a doubt, Not For You...that one almost knocked me over!!
    Without a doubt the most chatty I have ever heard Ed...with the set-list they were firing I could have done with less yackety-yack, lol!! In the end no complaints and plenty of kudos!! Go, Black and Light Years were spectacular thanks in no small part to Mike..my god was he in fine form!?!?
    Another great show and possibly the last in a long line of great shows I have seen at The Joe over the years. What a way to go out!!!
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Release oceans opener 8-}

Loved MYM, Dissident, Lukin, Not For You, BRY, ATW - who am I kidding!?! Loved the whole f'in set! So blessed to have been apart of this night!

AMAZING IMPROV AND TEASES!!!

Had the privilege to meet a fantastic fellow board member \m/

Had the best time rockin out with the Ohio couple in front of us! \m/

I did have two drunky mcgees behind me and I just wanted to extend a special thank you to the both of them for not barfing all over me as the beer and spit was refreshing enough :-bd
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 455
    Incredible....at no time did the show drag...probably the most "Rock'n set I have ever seen them play in my 15 shows. Last night felt good from start to finish.
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    #RoadRamblesSXM 10-16-2014 Detroit, MI Pre Show Report
    http://we.tl/o3mCp9DiFh

#RoadRamblesSXM 10-16-2014 Detroit, MI After Show Report
    http://we.tl/9wTcOUbX5h
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    jonsey30 said:

Need the boot now. Any audience boots yet?

Nothing yet.
  • pjfansincetenpjfansinceten Santa Monica, CA Posts: 107
    Show 37 was fantastic! I wrote earlier yesterday that 23 years ago I lived in Auburn Hills. My friend Andy who worked at Harmony House Records gave me the heads up about Ten. It never left my car for weeks. I saw PJ for the first time on 11/22/91 at The State as they opened for Pumpkins and Peppers. An unforgettable night that was back then. 23 years later I flew to see them in the city where it all started for me. Detroit was very welcoming, it was neat to be inside the Joe for the first time, reminds me a lot of the LA Sports Arena. Pearl Jam delivered and I am thankful for winning the G/A lottery. Second row on Mike Fucking McCready's side made another unforgettable night. Next up, Mil-rock-ee on Monday!
    91 - 11/22 Detroit (opening for RHCP)
    98 - 7/14 Los Angeles Forum (missed Tenacious D)
    00 - 8/24 Jones Beach, 10/24 Los Angeles Greek (can't find a Better Van!), 25 San Diego & 28 San Bernadino (Glen Helen)
    03 - 6/2 & 3 Irvine, 5 San Diego, 6 Las Vegas MGM (10th Annivesary), 7 Phoenix
    05 - 9/2 Vancouver
    06 - 7/9 & 10 Los Angeles, 12 Hollywood (Fonda Theatre, it's a Worldwide Suicide), 15 & 16 San Francisco
    08 - 7/12 The Who Tribute at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion! (Love, Reign o'er me! with orchestra)
    09 - 8/23 & 24 Chicago United Center, 9/26 Portland, 9/30, 10/1, 6 & 7 Universal City Amphiteatre, 9 San Diego (2nd row)
    10 - 5/20 & 21 MSG, 10/23 Bridge School
    12 - 6/20 & 21 Manchester, UK
    13 - 11/19 Phoenix, 21 San Diego, 23 & 24 Los Angeles, 12/6 Seattle (finally)!
    14 - 10/16 Detroit, 20 Milwaukee (YIELDED), 22 Denver
    16 - 8/20 Wrigley #1
    18 - 8/18 Wrigley #1 (40th show!), 8/20 Wrigley #2
  • McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    Unbelieveable from start to finish- The Joe Louis Arena was a loud organic animal - The love of the fans toward the band and the songs is matched by the bands love and appreciation for the fans and the experience.
    The singing was perfect and beautiful every song, through and through.
    It could easily be my favourite show of the seventeen I have seen over ten years. How is this possible?
    Highlights were : the three hour merch line-up, meeting people from Washington D.C, Columbus, Detroit, L.A., London, Strathroy people from all over North America, Ed's voice, guitar smashing, Oceans, the big screen shots of the band members who were clearly happy and humbled by the incredible, energetic crowd, Missing the last bus out of town, 32 songs, 2 hours 50 minutes, Imagine, Spin the Black Circle, Not For You, Release, Nothingman, Go, every freaking song.
    No one is exaggerating here - this was an amazing show.
    Thank You Pearl Jam and Detroit Rock City.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Loudest show I ever expirienced. Met people from all over the place! Best crowd ever last night. Holy shit. Well worth the 10 hour drive from brooklyn.
  • Black red yellow black red and yellow!!!!!!
  • otto48313otto48313 Posts: 50
    edited October 2014
    imageimageIT was a loooonnggg day downtown and worth it! Lined up before 12 noon for merchandise trailer outside that didn't open until about 2:45. This was my first non-GA 10C ticket attempt. Scored 1st row side stage. THANKS! I posted some vids on you-tube this AM. Eddie had alot to say last night..most of it entertaining - otto
    Post edited by otto48313 on
  • ducatifladucatifla Tampa, FLA Posts: 7
    Sea said:

Pearl Jam
    Joe Louis Arena
    Detroit, MI
    Oct 16, 2014
    Set List

01. Release
    02. Oceans
    03. Nothingman
    04. Go
    05. Mind Your Manners
    06. I Wanna Be Your Dog/Corduroy-(Alexander, Asheton, Asheton, Pop).  (Band plays 20 seconds of “I Wanna Be Your Dog” as an intro to Corduroy. No vocals)
    (Ed praises the sound of the venue and attributes it to all of the championship banners hanging from the ceiling)
    07. Lightning Bolt
    08. Amongst The Waves
    09. Even Flow (Ed splashes some wine on the folks down front.)
       Matt “fucking” Cameron gets introduced after the song to a loud and long ovation.  Ed wants to write Matt’s parents a thank you note because Matt has changed their lives.  He also mentions that friend of the band and great song writer, Jack White, lost a band member suddenly and Ed knows their is a lot of loss out there from notes sent to the band.  They play the next song as positive way to remember those we have lost)
    10. Light Years
    11. Got Some
    12. Dissident
    13. Black, Red, Yellow/Stranglehold-(Nugent) (For Dennis Rodman). [Instrumental break of Stranglehold only-no vocals.]
    (“We have another friend here we used to tour with.  I haven’t seen this guy out of Seattle in years....”  “It would be great if you could make him feel welcome.  This one is for Lukin!”)
    14. Lukin
    15. Not For You
    16. Once
    (Ed reads some signs down in the pit including one that gives the number of days and shows since they played “Get Right”.  Ed reveals the origin of the song which makes it difficult to remember how to play.  He then teases the sign holder for pointing out their inadequacies.  Ed goes on to talk about the progress being made on Epidermolysis Bullosa and points out an audience member that he is going to meet later that suffers from EB.)
    17. Rearviewmirror (Ed damages a globe during the instrumental break)

Encore Break 1
    (Ed learns that Detroit was once referred to as “The Paris of the Midwest”.  He says a few things in French to the crowd.  He notes the closeness of Canada and that if he went paddle boarding he would need his passport.  He expresses fondness for the audience and the building and hopes they get invited back before the building is torn down.  He toasts great friend Chris Chelios.  Somebody in the audience disparages Chris and Ed warns them as a public service announcement not to fuck with Chris.  The last guy that tried that was seen being loaded into an ambulance after signing a napkin absolving Chris of all responsibility.)
    18. Man Of The Hour (for Chris)
    19. Imagine-(Lennon)
    20. Last Kiss-(Cochran) (performed to the back of the venue. Ed wanders around the floor and climbs up into the seats to sing with the audience)
    21. Comatose
    22. State Of Love And Trust
    23. Black (improved vocals during outro)
    24. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
    (Ed and Mike playfully push and kick at each other during the instrumental break.  Ed destroys his white Gibson SG at the end of the song)

Encore Break 2

(Ed thanks the audience for a great night.  He also explains a theory attributed to Stone about why the urinals are so low in the dressing rooms.)
    25. Do The Evolution 
    26. Wasted Reprise
    27. Life Wasted
    28. Detroit Rock City/Spin The Black Circle (Band plays the intro to “Detroit Rock City” by Kiss.  No vocals.  Last about 30 seconds.) Detroit Rock City-(Stanley, Ezrin)
    29. Alive
    30. Kick Out The Jams-(Davis, Kramer, Smith, Thompson, Tyner)
    31. Baba O’Riley-(Townshend)
    32. Indifference

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

Detroit 10/16/2014
    NYC 09/26/2015
    Florida Tour 2016
  • ducatifladucatifla Tampa, FLA Posts: 7
    First PJ show, came up from Florida and met tons of super nice Detroit natives and fellow PJ fans. Thank you for the awesome set list.
    Detroit 10/16/2014
    NYC 09/26/2015
    Florida Tour 2016
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    19,000 people there last night, would that be the largest crowd of the tour?
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    what a show!!!!. ed was playful and rocked. set list was amazing. my GA area ruled. row 2 infant of mike. just a bunch of fans rocking out and no one getting rough and stupid. this just might have been #1 for me. i just become more amazed year after year how this band only gets better and rocks as hard now as they did 20+ years ago. hats off to the band, the fans and the joe.
    thanks 10 club also for the opportunity to have such a great vantage point for a wonderful evening with pearl jam.
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957

Black red yellow black red and yellow!!!!!!

Well said :D
  • silentJsilentJ Columbus, OH Posts: 199
    An amazing show, Release-Oceans, are you kidding me!!! That was so awesome. Black Red Yellow, all the local banter and the Kiss stuff. Crowd was great, so was Detroit, great city, never been before but not as bad as everyone says. In fact it was a great city!!
  • jguzzijguzzi Monterey, CA Posts: 49
    Another amazing show! Never been on the floor so that blew my mind.

Opening with Release was amazing, playing imagine, I literally started crying when they started playing Black….no clue why, besides loving the song, just really happy.

I just love how authentic and spoiled we are with the set lists and the spontnateity of Eddie and the band. The energy was amazing, everywhere I looked people were beaming and rocking out.

Well worth the journey from Cali to see brother and take him to his first PJ concert.

Right on Detroit, Did it right!

Next week, Mountain View!
    10-31-2009 - Philly, PA
    11-26-2013 - Oakland, CA
    10-16-2014 - Detroit, MI
    04-09-2016 - Miami, FL
    04-11-2016 - Tampa, FL
    08-20-2016 - Chicago, IL
    09-09-2017 - Dana Point, CA (EV)
    06-24-2018 - Padova, Italy
    06-26-2018 - Rome, Italy
    07-01-2018 - Prague, Czech 
    08-10-2018 - Seattle, WA
  • OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    An amazing show in every sense of the word. Great, great setlist, awesome energy, really fantastic seats with an unobstructed view on Mike's side to watch him do his magic. Thank you PJ for making my 1st hometown show and 10th overall an unforgettable one. Thanks 10C for the great seats!!!
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    edited October 2014
    cardoso said:

rssesq said:

Cardoso man, I saw you standing outside with your sign! If I knew it was you I would have said hi. Awesome you got a GA! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • cardosocardoso Porto Alegre-BR Posts: 1,460

cardoso said:

rssesq said:

Cardoso man, I saw you standing outside with your sign! If I knew it was you I would have said hi. Awesome you got a GA! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

Hi my friend
    We Lost chance to meet and talk, nexts time will be pleasure talk to You my friend
    Going to st paul or mke?
    Can talk personally these
    All the best
    First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  St. Paul 2, USA 02.09.2023