Options

First show as a 10C member

I'm really excited to be attending my first show as a 10C member in Milwaukee! I wanted to reach out to all experienced members for advice on attending a show as a member. We (my wife and I) have GA PIT tickets and are arriving a day early from the Chicago area.

What should we expect? What should we definitely do? Skip? Ect.?

I should mention that I would like to get a poster, as I have ones from the other shows I've attended (I've read other threads about the stickers, don't worry you can have mine, not buying or flipping). And I also wouldn't mind meeting other members. Pre-Party???

All advice greatly appreciated, in advance,

Comments

• Options

I'm really excited to be attending my first show as a 10C member in Milwaukee! I wanted to reach out to all experienced members for advice on attending a show as a member. We (my wife and I) have GA PIT tickets and are arriving a day early from the Chicago area.

I should mention that I would like to get a poster, as I have ones from the other shows I've attended (I've read other threads about the stickers, don't worry you can have mine, not buying or flipping). And I also wouldn't mind meeting other members. Pre-Party???

Too many questions. Go and enjoy the show

• Options

I'm just anxious, I guess.
  • Options
    Have fun!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,327
    Enjoy the show and have lots of fun, all I can say.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    most 10c members freak me the fuck out with their lust for merch, making sure their favorite band member knows they exist, and/or determination to ride the rail at all costs, so I just stink up a local dive bar drinking wild turkey or jim beam until right before the show begins so I can deal. I am a pre-party of one.

I am sure some are lovely folk, though. the pre-parties for charity are the best, because you can find most of them there.

• Options

so I just stink up a local dive bar drinking wild turkey or jim beam until right before the show begins so I can deal. I am a pre-party of one.

nice
  • Options

most 10c members freak me the fuck out with their lust for merch, making sure their favorite band member knows they exist, and/or determination to ride the rail at all costs, so I just stink up a local dive bar drinking wild turkey or jim beam until right before the show begins so I can deal. I am a pre-party of one.

I am sure some are lovely folk, though. the pre-parties for charity are the best, because you can find most of them there.

Right on!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,390
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    The weeds are thick
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Just have a great time. I usually do reserved seating, but did GA at ACL 09. Was about 4 or 5 rows deep in front of Jeff and Ed. Pre parties are fun as you meet some cool fans that share the same love as we all do for the band and the music they make. It's cool to also hear about the different shows everyone has been to. I'm not willing to wait for rail, but that is just me. I like to chill and embrace the city/ state I am visiting. If you want rail, you will have to line up early. If you don't want rail, you should be fine walking when doors open getting a decent spot. ACL 09 was different because there were so many stages, and it was extremely muddy from rain the night before.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Over-thinking, over-analyzing...separates the body from the mind.

I get anxiety - still, go enjoy the in-between that is yours since nothing is like the first (nor the second, third, etc.).

It can be so sweet to just succumb to happenstance.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

I get anxiety - still, go enjoy the in-between that is yours since nothing is like the first (nor the second, third, etc.).

Should have prefaced that this is a mini-vacation. You know away from the kids and want to have the most fun possible.

But, leave nothing to happenstance, for luck is the residue of preparation.
  • Options
    I guess we diverge there - luck and preparation are total opposites to me. One left to serendipity, the other somewhat controlled (or trying to be controlled).

If you can simply ride your wave and take it all for how it unfolds (for better or worse - such is life, as you must know, being married (?) and having children), seems so much more fulfilling and pure.

Then again, it is YOUR wave.

Either way, hope you ride well and hang ten :)
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited October 2014

hedonist said:

Should have prefaced that this is a mini-vacation. You know away from the kids and want to have the most fun possible.

• Options

hedonist said:

I object to my quote being quoted but not seen
  • Options
    hedonist said:

I guess we diverge there - luck and preparation are total opposites to me. One left to serendipity, the other somewhat controlled (or trying to be controlled).

If you can simply ride your wave and take it all for how it unfolds (for better or worse - such is life, as you must know, being married (?) and having children), seems so much more fulfilling and pure.

I can accept and appreciate that.

After all "we're all just visiting, all just breaking like waves".
  • Options

hedonist said:

Where the land meets high tide..
  • Options

hedonist said:

I object to my quote being quoted but not seen
    I object to my quote being seen but not quo...never mind :D

(it's an embedded thing, I think)
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

you're not allowed to be freaked out by anything with that avatar. Seriously. Ima have nightmares now.

OP look for info on Wishlist and/or Five Horizons Pre Party (sorry I'm not going to your show so I don't have the info firsthand) and if there is a bar next to the venue you are probably going to see a bunch of ppl in PJ shirts just go say hi most are friendly. Skip the GA line, enjoy yourselves.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Just enjoy the show...ignore the merch line. It's not worth your time or your money. Hit up a bar, restaurant and enjoy the people before the show and our music come showtime
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

hedonist said:

Where the land meets high tide..
    Hell yeah to both of you.

The oceans made me...

One of my favorites in thought, tune and groove.

(my husband's username when I first "met" him on the old Sony BBS was OpeningBand4TheSun. Go figure!)