Pearl Jam to Headline Austin City Limits

Comments

• see ya'll soon!

• slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,740

I don't understand the love for Gaslight Anthem. Saw them one time and the music seemed repetitive.

Lyrics are pretty great in a lot of the songs, but you have to kind of study up to know what they are. Very Pearl Jammy that way. :)
    Cool. I liked the first half of the show and then it seemed like every tune was a mid-tempo rocker. I am sure it is an onion that needs to be peeled back.
    Ha ... yeah, probably. I'm not a huge fan by any means. I basically Spotified some of their stuff the Saturday before. I liked much of it ... but it's not like I'm gonna be following them around the country anytime soon or anything like that. ;)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632

really looking forward to the Chvrches late show on Friday.

Jealous. Love that group.
    edited October 2014
    Saturday is looking very rainy. Other than that u guys will have 2 days of great weather.
  • Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Plantation, FL Posts: 136
    I never trust a weather forecast more than 3 hours out. So hopefully the experts will be wrong once again. I'm flying out tomorrow. Anyone here planning on going to the 10 club party Saturday night at Faldo's Irish Pub? If so, I'll see you there. Safe travels everyone!
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136

I never trust a weather forecast more than 3 hours out. So hopefully the experts will be wrong once again. I'm flying out tomorrow. Anyone here planning on going to the 10 club party Saturday night at Faldo's Irish Pub? If so, I'll see you there. Safe travels everyone!

I'm guessing it's Fado Irish Pub in the warehouse district. that place is cool, you'll have fun!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    I'm still looking for 1 Sunday ACL ticket. Anybody?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Interpol was great, I was really surprised how good they were.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    vedpunk said:

I'm still looking for 1 Sunday ACL ticket. Anybody?

you'll get a $30-$40 ticket outside the park sunday afternoon.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Posted this in the merch thread, but figured I'd post it here, too. Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I stopped by the ACL popup shop and they were sold out of Weekend 2 stickers. They weren't sure if they will be getting any more. Surprisingly they still had plenty of the setlist shirts for Weekend 1.
  • RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    man, i want an orange shirt w/set list from week 1 and will not be there until sunday afternoon, if anyone wants to trade i will get a week 2 setlist shirt on monday morning from the bike shop.
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
  • shepshep Houston Posts: 5,644
    RFTC said:

man, i want an orange shirt w/set list from week 1 and will not be there until sunday afternoon, if anyone wants to trade i will get a week 2 setlist shirt on monday morning from the bike shop.

same here paul... hoping that I can pick it up at the fest on sunday.... if not I'll settle for whatever setlist shirt they sell on monday I guess...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Sure would be nice if the 10c made that setlist shirt available here.....after all most of the people that went to the show were home when they started selling them.
    My wife is the coolest. She forced me to go to mellow johnnys this past Monday. I was going to leave without trying for the setlist shirt.
    All you weekend 2 folks have a good time. Id advise against waiting all day on the rail. Go enjoy the fest
  • shepshep Houston Posts: 5,644
    Get_Right said:

Sure would be nice if the 10c made that setlist shirt available here.....after all most of the people that went to the show were home when they started selling them.

man.... I was back in houston within 3 hours of them departing the stage! lol... there may be some truth to your statement... ;)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited October 2014
    Get_Right said:

So basically the weekend two people can buy them to trade for the weekend two gear the weekend one people bought out?? Ha.

Sitting at the airport ready to get out to Austin. Lincoln got a great show.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • gotjamgotjam Posts: 34

Saturday is looking very rainy. Other than that u guys will have 2 days of great weather.

Hopefully weekend 2's Sunday will not be a repeat of last year when they had to cancel due to a severe thunderstorm. Atoms for Peace ended up playing in some venue downtown for people with ACL wristbands.

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    This Sunday @ 9pm ET listen to Pearl Jam's ACL Austin, TX show LIVE on SiriusXM

http://www.siriusxm.com/servlet/Satellite?c=SXM_PageDetail_C&childpagename=SXM/SXM_PageDetail_C/OpenLandingPage&cid=1293941952162&pagename=SXM/LandingPageWrapper

9PM ET
    Pearl Jam
    Alt Nation Ch. 36
  • darthdarth Houston, TX Posts: 139
    90% chance of rain tomorow...god sunday could be a repeat of 09 with the mud which was miserable an this time my wife is pregnant. Lets hope it drys up!
    9/16/95; 10/14/00; 10/15/00; 10/17/00; 4/5/03; 4/6/03; 10/04/09; 11/12/12 (Ed); 11/16/13; 10/12/14
  • RFTC said:

They might not do an ACL 2 setlist... Just saying.

TONIGHT!!! Listen to Pearl Jam's October 5th ACL Austin, TX show on SiriusXM PJ Radio @ 9pm EST. :)

On Channel 22.
  • No Weekend 2 stickers at the festival either.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited October 2014

No Weekend 2 stickers at the festival either.

Nice. Like no one saw that coming. Crazy that they sold both weekends stuff the first weekend.

Print some more for the website.
  • Also, download the retailmenot app, show the app at the festival merch stand inside the fest when you buy an ACL shirt and you'll get a free lineup poster (with better artwork than the $30 lineup poster in my opinion).
    Pearl Jam Radio ‏@pjradio

We're about to premiere @PearlJam's performance from wknd 1 @aclfestival tune in at 9pm ET @SIRIUSXM @pjradio #sxm22
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Raining pretty good here in Austin this
    morning. Tomorrow will most likely be a pretty soggy adventure, so everyone be careful. That Dillo Dirt they use in Zilker doesn't absorb much at all :(

Also, don't take any Molly or ecstasy- you may take a bad batch:

http://m.statesman.com/news/news/local/21-year-old-woman-dies-after-taking-ecstasy-at-acl/nhggT/?__federated=1
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    If anyone wants to help me smoke all these doobs I'm rolling up send a pm, plenty of tasty texas herb to go round....
    Pearl Jam ‏@PearlJam

Due to rain, the PJ Pop-up Merch Stand at @MellowJohnnys opens today at noon. Learn more: http://bit.ly/pj-mellowjohnny @aclfestival
  • djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    SUPER STOKED FOR TONIGHT!!!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)