Pearl Jam to Headline Austin City Limits

Comments

• Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    Yes, plenty of both. Grabbed 2 of each sticker, one for my son and the other for my toolbox. My wife went by there 30 minutes ago and picked up a shirt. 2 people in front of her. She said there's still plenty of everything
  • Yes, plenty of both. Grabbed 2 of each sticker, one for my son and the other for my toolbox. My wife went by there 30 minutes ago and picked up a shirt. 2 people in front of her. She said there's still plenty of everything

Thanks again man
    I appreciate it
    I'm hoping I score some goodies tomorrow
  • gnazteegnaztee Battle Ground, WA Posts: 82
    Just got into Austin...going to be using Uber and not staying downtown. Anybody know if the bike shop popup is still open? What time does it close?
    Portland '93, Seattle 1 '98, Seattle 2 '00, Phoenix '03, ACL '09, Dallas '13, OKC '13, ACL 1 '14, Bogota '15, Wrigley 1&2 '16
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Closed for today. Opens at 11am tomorrow.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • gnazteegnaztee Battle Ground, WA Posts: 82
    Damn, but thanks for letting me know!
    Portland '93, Seattle 1 '98, Seattle 2 '00, Phoenix '03, ACL '09, Dallas '13, OKC '13, ACL 1 '14, Bogota '15, Wrigley 1&2 '16
  • branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    Would love both stickers if anyone can help me out. Thanks!
  • arqarq Posts: 7,935
    Can anybody hook me up I have some guitar picks in trade for some pins and stickers.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    How has the festival been so far?
  • lbpeltzlbpeltz Posts: 98

How has the festival been so far?

I heard some good things about emminem last night... I went down towards the fest to grab my sunday wristband then headed to 6th street for the night. Exploring Austin for the first time...
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I think we'll get Release tonight
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136

I think we'll get Release tonight

Shit I'd love that. Hoping for faithfull, in my tree, release, tremor Christ, satans bed, immortality, oceans. I don't think they've played any of them yet this tour. Come on Ed!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • WhoDeyFanWhoDeyFan Columbus, Ohio Posts: 25
    arq said:

Can anybody hook me up I have some guitar picks in trade for some pins and stickers.

I can.

----------------------------
    May 6, 2010 - Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH
    May 9, 2010 - Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH
    July 19, 2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    October 12, 2013 - First Niagara Center, Buffalo, NY
    October 1, 2014 - US Bank Arena, Cincinnati, OH
    October 5, 2014 - Austin City Limits Music Festival, Austin, TX
    October 16, 2014 - Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI
    April 26, 2016 - Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
    June 11, 2016 - Bonnaroo Music Festival, Manchester, TN
    August 20, 2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    August 22, 2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    August 8, 2018 - Safeco Field,  Seattle, WA
    August 10, 2018 - Safeco Field, Seattle WA
    August 20, 2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    September 2, 2018 - Fenway Park, Boston, MA
    September 4, 2018 - Fenway Park, Boston, MA

• steve73steve73 Posts: 58
    Looks like we might get to see them next weekend on Red Bull tv ? They are showing austin city limits next weekend =D> http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/music/events/1331671250093/austin-city-limits-festival
  • byrn3535byrn3535 Posts: 127
    edited October 2014
    What should my plan be to have a decent view week 2.. I mean I don't need to be right up front but hoping for a good view. I was thinking about catching gaslight anthem then just staying around... or am I way off base... and need to get there super early???
    Byrn, (bye - earn)
    "I wanna live my life with the volume full"
  • Why go to open is my guess
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • dmays3dmays3 Austin, TX Posts: 1
    byrn3535 said:

What should my plan be to have a decent view week 2.. I mean I don't need to be right up front but hoping for a good view. I was thinking about catching gaslight anthem then just staying around... or am I way off base... and need to get there super early???

Just got back from ACL PJ show! PJ plays on samsung stage. Go around to the left of the stage. I got there for the replacements (6-7), and managed to situate myself on the rail by the platinum viewing area right under the left viewing screen...comfortably with no pushing and shoving! It was epic! By 7, that was impossible. My friends were by the bar 4th tree back on the left side of the stage and it was really comfortable with a great view. I gave up my spot on the rail for the last 45 minutes and didn't regret it too much to close out the show with my friends. There are tons of teenagers at this fest and Calvin Harris (playing opposite end of park) is a huge draw for them so not ridiculously crowded for PJ! I live here in Austin so any other help you need, just let me know!
  • shepshep Houston Posts: 5,644
    dmays3 said:

byrn3535 said:

Just got back from ACL PJ show! PJ plays on samsung stage. Go around to the left of the stage. I got there for the replacements (6-7), and managed to situate myself on the rail by the platinum viewing area right under the left viewing screen...comfortably with no pushing and shoving! It was epic! By 7, that was impossible. My friends were by the bar 4th tree back on the left side of the stage and it was really comfortable with a great view. I gave up my spot on the rail for the last 45 minutes and didn't regret it too much to close out the show with my friends. There are tons of teenagers at this fest and Calvin Harris (playing opposite end of park) is a huge draw for them so not ridiculously crowded for PJ! I live here in Austin so any other help you need, just let me know!
    I'll reiterate the above. I wandered into the crowd with my wife around 6 pm for the replacements. Found a nice spot, in front of the sound booth, to the right of the divider. Lots of space for moving/breathing. weren't right up front, but view was great. don't worry about position next weekend - with Lorde successfully drawing away everyone under the age of 21 to the north at 7 pm, if you situate yourself during the replacements, you'll be golden.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    @Mark5 ..

Here's tonight's Pearl Jam event poster for Austin City Limits. It's an 18"x 24" 5 color, limited edition screen print on speckletone paper, signed and numbered edition of 100 by Mark5. The poster will be available for sale TODAY, October 6 starting sometime between 12:00-1:00 p.m. PST. Available at www.studiomark5.com
    demetrios said:

@Mark5 ..

Here's tonight's Pearl Jam event poster for Austin City Limits. It's an 18"x 24" 5 color, limited edition screen print on speckletone paper, signed and numbered edition of 100 by Mark5. The poster will be available for sale TODAY, October 6 starting sometime between 12:00-1:00 p.m. PST. Available at www.studiomark5.com

thanks D. appreciated.

Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    ISO ACL 1 sticker.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    They were sold out yesterday.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    shep said:

dmays3 said:

byrn3535 said:

I'll reiterate the above. I wandered into the crowd with my wife around 6 pm for the replacements. Found a nice spot, in front of the sound booth, to the right of the divider. Lots of space for moving/breathing. weren't right up front, but view was great. don't worry about position next weekend - with Lorde successfully drawing away everyone under the age of 21 to the north at 7 pm, if you situate yourself during the replacements, you'll be golden.
    I'm 28 and I will be watching Lorde before PJ too. Her album is actually really good IMO. But I will have to show up to PJ at the last minute and will be the furthest I've ever been from then.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2

shep said:

dmays3 said:

byrn3535 said:

I'm 28 and I will be watching Lorde before PJ too. Her album is actually really good IMO. But I will have to show up to PJ at the last minute and will be the furthest I've ever been from then.
    That might be entirely possible, but thanks to last week's episode of south park, I will never be able to listen to her music... lol...
  • RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    if anyone picks up an extra orange tshirt (large) at mellow Johnny's today (w/last nights setlist), i will be at next weeks show and picking up the set list tshirt on monday at 11am. think next weekends tshirt will be white. looking to trade or purchase outright.
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    shep said:

shep said:

dmays3 said:

byrn3535 said:

That might be entirely possible, but thanks to last week's episode of south park, I will never be able to listen to her music... lol...
    Good thing I didnt see it! haha
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    RFTC said:

if anyone picks up an extra orange tshirt (large) at mellow Johnny's today (w/last nights setlist), i will be at next weeks show and picking up the set list tshirt on monday at 11am. think next weekends tshirt will be white. looking to trade or purchase outright.

i'm starting to get this sneaking suspicion that next week's set-list is going to be similar, if not identical to this weeks.... I know it hasn't been done in the past, but between the request for long road getting played, a dedication to Joey during the encore, and now a set-list t-shirt, I'm starting to think this has been pre-planned....
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    @PearlJam

The PJ Pop-up Shop at @MellowJohnnys is opened! Setlist shirts are selling fast. Don't miss out! #PJFall2014 #ACLFest

• byrn3535byrn3535 Posts: 127
    dmays3 said:

byrn3535 said:

Awesome! Thanks so much for the tip. This will be my first time seeing them at a festival. No matter what it will be awesome but thanks for the info!
    Byrn, (bye - earn)
    "I wanna live my life with the volume full"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    shep said:

RFTC said:

i'm starting to get this sneaking suspicion that next week's set-list is going to be similar, if not identical to this weeks.... I know it hasn't been done in the past, but between the request for long road getting played, a dedication to Joey during the encore, and now a set-list t-shirt, I'm starting to think this has been pre-planned....
    That would surprised me very much. I think what happened is they simply messed up and got the date wrong for the dedications to Joey. Whoops. I do hope they repeat Long Road as an opener because of their mistake so that Joe's dad can actually be there for it! But otherwise, if they played the same or almost the same setlist I would be shocked (and confused).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    edited October 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

shep said:

RFTC said:

That would surprised me very much. I think what happened is they simply messed up and got the date wrong for the dedications to Joey. Whoops. I do hope they repeat Long Road as an opener because of their mistake so that Joe's dad can actually be there for it! But otherwise, if they played the same or almost the same setlist I would be shocked (and confused).
    Absolutely no way will the set list be "similar". Playing Save You, LBC and Red Mosquito at back to back shows??? No way.

They played some gems last night, it didn't feel like a festival show at all (other than the hours we had to wait in the blistering heat.. oh wait, did that for Wrigley LOL).
    Post edited by Suziemay on