***It's Holy Grail time for...jjflash! (List of People who Donated Included)***

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    LukinFan said:

bump

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Hello All,

I arrived home this afternoon to find a vinyl-shaped box on the kitchen table. While that's not uncommon (cough, cough....vinyl addiction ;) ) it was odd b/c I didn't have any outstanding orders. And then I noticed Roger's name on the return address :D .

Thanks to each of you I'm the proud new owner of a red LB!!! :D B-) =D> :-bd \:D/ :bz . That the grail was LB is especially poignant since it's PJ's first album where my kids have been old enough to begin hitching their respective 'cars' to the Pearl Jam train. It's become a family ritual while in the car together to mute MYM at the chorus and shout together "MIND YOUR MANNERS!!!" :-B

Roger contacted me several weeks ago about the whole Holy Grail thing and there was many times when I thought it was a hoax or that he'd contacted the wrong person. There are many of you who have a bigger presence than me on these forums, are more deserving and who do a lot more for our community. As the reality of the whole thing set it I'd be lying if I didn't say it makes me feel good. To be recognized and supported by the PJ community means a great deal to me.

Some of you I've had the good fortune to meet while many others I hope to meet somewhere on our roads travelled. The fact that any of you, especially those I don't or barely know, would contribute your hard-earned money and time to my grail, a gift to an relative stranger, blows me away. The spirit and sounds of Pearl Jam's music have been the chief soundtrack to my life the past twenty four years. To be uplifted the Pearl Jam-based community is an honor.

I lurked on the forum for some time and then got sucked into the forum vortex when an unnamed fan who lives in Greece ;) systematically gave away his entire PJ vinyl catalog. The selflessness in that act as well as actions by others in the PJ community since then enlightened me. To give to your family, friends, loved ones is easy, but to lift up complete strangers who you'll probably never meet and expecting nothing in return was, in some ways, a new equation for me. So thank you for teaching me about the spirit of generosity, community and sharing.

What is Pearl Jam? It's more than just Eddie or Mike or the music. It's bigger than that and extends to the community of fans. One of the many things I love about this band is, I think, they get that. The PJ community is a special place. Several years ago I'd never believed the realness that could be experienced in an online forum. Thru your actions I'm a believer. Your love is received and appreciated. A big THANK YOU to everyone who contributed or thought about contributing and for putting a big ole grin on my heart.

With much appreciation,

David

p.s. Long live Pearl Jam B-)
  • Congratulations!! =D>
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,971
    bump for another package hopefully arriving today?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • VedderMTLVedderMTL Montreal, Canada Posts: 1,401
    Well deserved friend ! Enjoy !
  • foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 717
    nicely done
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
    I'm not happy with USPS right now.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:

I'm not happy with USPS right now.

yeah..its ok..good things happens to good people..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    jjflash said:

Hello All,

I arrived home this afternoon to find a vinyl-shaped box on the kitchen table. While that's not uncommon (cough, cough....vinyl addiction ;) ) it was odd b/c I didn't have any outstanding orders. And then I noticed Roger's name on the return address :D .

Thanks to each of you I'm the proud new owner of a red LB!!! :D B-) =D> :-bd \:D/ :bz . That the grail was LB is especially poignant since it's PJ's first album where my kids have been old enough to begin hitching their respective 'cars' to the Pearl Jam train. It's become a family ritual while in the car together to mute MYM at the chorus and shout together "MIND YOUR MANNERS!!!" :-B

Roger contacted me several weeks ago about the whole Holy Grail thing and there was many times when I thought it was a hoax or that he'd contacted the wrong person. There are many of you who have a bigger presence than me on these forums, are more deserving and who do a lot more for our community. As the reality of the whole thing set it I'd be lying if I didn't say it makes me feel good. To be recognized and supported by the PJ community means a great deal to me.

Some of you I've had the good fortune to meet while many others I hope to meet somewhere on our roads travelled. The fact that any of you, especially those I don't or barely know, would contribute your hard-earned money and time to my grail, a gift to an relative stranger, blows me away. The spirit and sounds of Pearl Jam's music have been the chief soundtrack to my life the past twenty four years. To be uplifted the Pearl Jam-based community is an honor.

I lurked on the forum for some time and then got sucked into the forum vortex when an unnamed fan who lives in Greece ;) systematically gave away his entire PJ vinyl catalog. The selflessness in that act as well as actions by others in the PJ community since then enlightened me. To give to your family, friends, loved ones is easy, but to lift up complete strangers who you'll probably never meet and expecting nothing in return was, in some ways, a new equation for me. So thank you for teaching me about the spirit of generosity, community and sharing.

What is Pearl Jam? It's more than just Eddie or Mike or the music. It's bigger than that and extends to the community of fans. One of the many things I love about this band is, I think, they get that. The PJ community is a special place. Several years ago I'd never believed the realness that could be experienced in an online forum. Thru your actions I'm a believer. Your love is received and appreciated. A big THANK YOU to everyone who contributed or thought about contributing and for putting a big ole grin on my heart.

With much appreciation,

David

p.s. Long live Pearl Jam B-)

alot of lovely people in the community..again,sorry we didnt do earlier your holy grail..u deserve it and happy for you...
    i have a few things to say about your whole holy grail story..but ill wait ..cos we didnt finish yet...

• moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    Yay! :D
    bump...still waiting on package number 2
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:

Maybe today's the day? Excited to see what lands on the doorstep :D:D
    edited September 2014
    jjflash said:

LukinFan said:

greek candies ofcourse..and a sign inappropriate photo of Ms Greece 2014..

jjflash said:

LukinFan said:

I thought you sent a photo of MR. Greece??
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Fuck yeah!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    LukinFan said:

jjflash said:

LukinFan said:

So, if that's the case, then maybe USPS has delivered it and my wife swiped it :))
    jjflash said:

LukinFan said:

jjflash said:

LukinFan said:

So, if that's the case, then maybe USPS has delivered it and my wife swiped it :))
    I think Dimi slipped a photo of himself in the package
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

All seriousness, USPS has been contacted and should be getting back to me by Monday. Fingers crossed!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Beautiful post jjflash. It got me a little misty. :x
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    LukinFan said:

All seriousness, USPS has been contacted and should be getting back to me by Monday. Fingers crossed!

C'mon USPS! Don't let us down!
    Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that the second package arrived back in my mailbox last night. So at least neither package got lost in the mail, which was my biggest fear. The bad news is that I will not be able to make it back to the post office until Saturday morning, so jjflash will have to wait a little longer to get his second package.

For those who missed it, 1 of 2 packages arrived at jjflash's house. The 2nd package has the list of people in it (among other things) so in order to keep it some what a surprise now, I will wait to post the donation list until next week. The package will be sent priority mail, so it should only take two days to reach its new home. If anyone has any questions, just shoot me a PM. Thanks everyone - we're almost there!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• X_X [-O<
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    The good news is truly good news!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    bump
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

bump
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    Roger, did I donate to this?? If not hit me up thru pm and I'll send some money!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
    Happy endings update: The second package arrived today :bz Having run thru the enemy USPS gamut from FL to AL, back to FL and, finally, to my front porch in AL, it made it safely, road-tested w/ box scars to prove it. For a longer winded :DTHANK YOU :D please see my post a few above this one.

The second box contained a vinyl copy of Yield, one of Ed's picks (orange w/ 'Ed' on it), the list of all the good peeps who made it possible and the good news that over $150 went to Hope for Gabe. Gabe is such an inspiring little dude and I look forward to being able to tell his parents the story of how this contribution was made. I'd listed three albums to make it a bit easier to hopefully locate one and am, to say the least, excited and surprised to have received two!!

I graciously accept the unconditional goodness from each of you. I still can't believe that out of all the good folks on this forum that I received a Grail. It's amazing that beyond the simple qualifiers of a) your musical world is rendered in the color of Pearl Jam fan and b) you contribute something positive to these forums, it doesn't matter where you live, what you look like, how you talk, what you drive, etc. This grail thing and by extent this community is, IMHO, a basic and fundamental sharing of what is good in the human spirit. So I humbly receive a piece of each of your goodness and will do my part to pass it on.

Hope to see many of you two weeks from tomorrow in Memphis \m/

David
  • VedderMTLVedderMTL Montreal, Canada Posts: 1,401
    Awesome ! Enjoy them my friend !
    Here's the list of all who made this happen (in no particular order):

The Pedro
    evsgjamm
    VedderMTL
    mfc2006
    HesCalledDyer
    moretonbayfig