Mystery posters in store now

Comments

• SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    Hoping this week will be the week for UK delivery...
    Nature drunk and High
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    jaw72 said:

got my poster this morning having to pay £11.52 ransom from the nice people at customs and the post office, ames munich 07

Exactly the same in Maidenhead today. I'm just happy I got it home unscathed through apocalyptic rain.
  • af7ukaf7uk Sheffield, UK Posts: 90
    edited August 2014
    I'm up in Sheffield UK and mine turned up at work while I was on leave last week. Scored the Camden II and i'm really happy with it. Would definitely take part in this again, it's been ace to read about what people have received.

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/81898
    Sounds like the real mystery is going to be 'what happened to my poster tube delivery' then...urgh, think I may need to knock this merch stuff on the head and just be thankful for the 10c tickets from here on out. Disappointing once again after the Halloween Tshirt never made it and the drama that was Lightning Bolt vinyl. you'd think id have learnt by now. :(
    Nature drunk and High
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Again, I want to say that I am happy with the poster I received and the whole 'mystery' thing is the real fun part. This is a pic of the damaged part of the poster - is this to be expected on a 2000 poster and should be just attributed to age or is it significant. I truly don't know or I wouldn't be asking -

My mystery Poster - 2000 Ames Bros California Trio #1

Damaged area - right side watermarks? in brown area and above skateboarder/left slight marks in brown and horizontal line in brown area.

Thanks for any input. :)>-
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    njnancy said:

Again, I want to say that I am happy with the poster I received and the whole 'mystery' thing is the real fun part. This is a pic of the damaged part of the poster - is this to be expected on a 2000 poster and should be just attributed to age or is it significant. I truly don't know or I wouldn't be asking -

My mystery Poster - 2000 Ames Bros California Trio #1

Damaged area - right side watermarks? in brown area and above skateboarder/left slight marks in brown and horizontal line in brown area.

Thanks for any input. :)>-

Tough to see the damage in your print (small pci, my bad pc). A 14 year old print, some are gonna have some damage. I bet there are a ton of ppl who would trade for it, I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a print worth 100$ in return. Nice score btw.

Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

Thank you very much! For your input and compliment on the poster. I'm definitely holding onto it and I now have two posters to seek (#2 & #3). I am starting to see how this whole poster acquisition 'thing' starts...... :bz
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    njnancy said:

I still need to post a pic of the damage so you guys can let me know if it's normal wear or not. Tomorrow I'll figure out why the upload isn't working for me today.

I didn't mean to give you the wrong idea. I wouldn't say it's "normal" wear and tear. It's quite possible to have a poster that old and still have it be in mint condition. I just think that these were probably not necessarily kept in "ideal" conditions.
  • Edge34Edge34 Ottawa Posts: 233
    I scored France 2006 the Mad what me worry George Bush poster. This is up for trade if anyone is interested. Enjoyed the anticipation of the mystery poster more than the actual poster. Would do it again given the chance.
    bazzer said:

njnancy said:

I still need to post a pic of the damage so you guys can let me know if it's normal wear or not. Tomorrow I'll figure out why the upload isn't working for me today.

I didn't mean to give you the wrong idea. I wouldn't say it's "normal" wear and tear. It's quite possible to have a poster that old and still have it be in mint condition. I just think that these were probably not necessarily kept in "ideal" conditions.
    I had seen a post way back in this thread where someone had gotten a poster that had a crease or tear in it and they had it replaced by nugs/10C . When I saw the damage, which I think is more than just a little, I wasn't sure if I should ask for a replacement for a damaged poster or if I should just be happy I got something good. I don't know if there are even any more of this poster in the store; so I'd rather keep it with damage than get something else.

I posted on here because of the knowledge and enthusiasm for poster collection that is evident and also because I'm new and not sure what the procedures are for things. I didn't want to seem ungrateful either because I know a lot of people are not thrilled with what they received. So you didn't give me the wrong idea at all. i just took the general tone of your post and a5pj's post as saying that the posters are probably not being kept in pristine conditions (I imagine 10C staffers chuckling as they look at the merchandise strewn about its' storage space) and it's been laying around for close to 14 years. It could have been laying underneath boxes for a decade for all I know.. And it's not like i paid massive $$ - so I figured take the positive angle - good poster in average condition, I'm not going to sell it and it's not life altering, so I'm satisfied.

I appreciate everyone who took the time to give feedback and information. It is, in the end, just a poster. (distant sound of a collector gasping). Thanks. :)>-
  • JamesNJamesN Fort Lauderdale Posts: 190
    jervin007 said:

But I'm not sure that the posters I mentioned are undesirable ones that otherwise won't sell. They may not have ended up at the right persons with this mystery sale, but from what I gather from this thread, there's interest in them. And to my knowledge none of the posters that are still in the shop (and thus aren't selling) have showed up in this mystery sale.

But that first part of your quote might be it, that they just withhold posters when their inventory is below a certain threshold, just so they can sell them in a mystery sale.

The posters you mentioned are the gems that we all want! Those are the ones that make these sales happen. But there are posters in the store for example that will never sell. So the only way to unload them is in a blind draw like these mystery sales. Of course the quality of the art is truly in the eye of the beholder, regarding some of the undesirable ones. We all have different tastes for what we like.
    But the thing is, the posters that apparently never sell are not popping up in this mystery poster sale. And the ones I mentioned are apparently some recent gems (2009 and newer). So why not have those in the shop? Then PJ could've sold them sooner. They would have the money sooner and less space in their storage/warehouse.
    I think the mystery box was clearing out excess stock, but this mystery poster sale was more of a treat for the fans. Its no secret that they keep stock of lots of memorabilia no longer available in the shop, which is evident by the pop-up shops, etc.

</blockquote

A possible answer is "Drawdown" - a few posters are kept in reserve for lost or in-transit damage... Sometimes 10club needs to replace a damaged print - could you imagine Santos' headache if a few CrackerJacks were lost in the mail & he had nothing to offer ~
    That's probably why 10C poster sales sometimes sell out, & mystery tubes are specifically sold "as is".
    Wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well...
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    OctopuS27 said:

Good morning!
    Chicago '06 Klausen, just delivered. http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/37678
    I see a very interesting insights into people power or maybe is just a guy starting a fight ;)
    Love it!

Glad that you love it because this dude was not loving it in the beginning. (He's since had a beer or more and is okay now.) Don't know if you saw this thread: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/236173/mystery-poster-ripped-off/p1
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Got this in Dublin, Ireland. Anyone want it?

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/121984
  • Received mine last saturday: Missoula 12. It`s for Trade if someone wants it.
    http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/159240

I am looking for Trieste 14, Sydney 14 Soto, Portland 13 EMEK, .........just tell me what you want to trade
  • jen.ryanjen.ryan Posts: 339
    jen.ryan said:

I recieved Wrigley Emek Monster. I already have it. Looking to trade for Pittsburgh 2013 if anyone is interested in working a trade ..PM me.

Bump

1992 - Saratoga Springs NY 8/4/ (Lollapalooza)
    1996 - Buffalo NY 10/1
    1998 - New York (MSG) 9/11
    2000 - Saratoga Springs NY 8/27/
    2006 - New York (Ed Sullivan Theater) 5/4, Albany NY 5/12, Boston MA 5/24
    2008 - Hartford CT 6/27 Mansfield MA 6/28
    2010 - Hartford CT 5/15/10, New York (MSG) 5/21/10
    2013 - WRIGLEY! 7/21 Worcester MA 10/16, Hartford CT 10/25
    2015 - Philly 4/28, Philly 4/29, Fenway 8/5
    Eddie Solo
    Boston Opera House 8/2/08, Albany Palace Theatre 6/9/09

• OctopuS27OctopuS27 Portugal Posts: 569
    deadendp said:

Glad that you love it because this dude was not loving it in the beginning. (He's since had a beer or more and is okay now.) Don't know if you saw this thread: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/236173/mystery-poster-ripped-off/p1

I saw that, everyone has their own opinion, it's ok. The poster is a little smaller then expected, thats all.
    Since Klausen is my favourite artist, i love all his prints, no exceptions.

• EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    Spags said:

Sounds like the real mystery is going to be 'what happened to my poster tube delivery' then...urgh, think I may need to knock this merch stuff on the head and just be thankful for the 10c tickets from here on out. Disappointing once again after the Halloween Tshirt never made it and the drama that was Lightning Bolt vinyl. you'd think id have learnt by now. :(

That sucks man, sorry to hear about your issues. Hopefully this one shows up soon!

The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
    Thanks - I'll stay positive though at this point I'd happily take the IIC DVD poster! :D
    Nature drunk and High
  • Got this in Dublin, Ireland. Anyone want it?

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/121984

Fancy trading for this?- http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/123290

manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • umi73umi73 Posts: 39
    My Mystery Tube arrived today in Germany!
    It´s this one http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/123290
    I like it, but i would trade it for a Dusseldorf 2007 :-c
    EV

Lotto Arena, Antwerp, Belgium 06-19-2017

AFAS Live, Amsterdam, Netherlands 06-09-2019

Max-Schmeling-Halle, Berlin, Germany 06-28-2019

Mitsubishi Electric Halle, Düsseldorf, Germany 06-30-2019

PJ

Deutschlandhalle, Berlin, Germany 11-03-1996

Sporthalle, Hamburg, Germany 06-26-2000

ISS Dome, Düsseldorf, Germany 06-21-2007

Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 06-30-2010

Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 06-26-2014                                                                                                                                                      

Waldbühne, Berlin, Germany 07-05-2018

Waldbühne, Berlin, Germany 06-21-2022

Festhalle, Frankfurt, Germany 06-28-2022
    Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands 07-25-2022
  • SmeeDogg1SmeeDogg1 Dublin Posts: 21
    Mystery poster arrived in Dublin today. Got Ames Bros Mansfield 30th June 2008

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/82335

Haven't seen too many get this one!
    Berlin, Germany 15th August 2009 Dublin, Ireland 22nd June 2010 Isle of Wight, UK 23rd June 2012 Berlin, Germany 4th July 2012 Berlin, Germany 5th July 2012 Stockholm, Sweden 7th July 2012 Copenhagen, Denmark 10th July 2012 Brooklyn, USA 19th October 2013 Milan, Italy 20th June 2014 Trieste, Italy 22nd June 2014 Leeds, UK 8th July 2014
  • pjman75pjman75 Indiana Posts: 836
    njnancy said:

Thank you very much! For your input and compliment on the poster. I'm definitely holding onto it and I now have two posters to seek (#2 & #3). I am starting to see how this whole poster acquisition 'thing' starts...... :bz

Congrats!! I love that collection of prints
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • I got Montreal 2011 in Mexico City today.
    expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/141121
  • EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    No doubt. But unless you ordered 2 to your house I think you're ok there ;)
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
  • juswiljuswil Melbourne, Australia Posts: 33
    A few questions for all the AUSSIES in the house...

*How did your Mystery Poster arrive? Australia Post or courier?
    *Was it a parcel sort of drop off or did you receive a little card in the letterbox to go collect at AusPost or depot?

Mine hasn't arrived yet, received my shipping email on 14/07. The tracking numbers seem to be useless. What a MYSTERY right!?
    PJ Melbourne 18-02-2003 
    PJ Melbourne 20-11-2009 
    PJ Melbourne 24-01-2014 
    EV Melbourne 19-02-2014
    PJ Auckland 08-11-2024
    PJ Auckland 10-11-2024
    PJ Gold Coast 13-11-2024
    PJ Melbourne 16-11-2024
    PJ Melbourne 18-11-2024
    PJ Sydney 21-11-2024
    PJ Sydney 23-11-2024
  • BezzaBezza Posts: 203
    Mine just came through Aus post. Not sure it was left at the door. My wife was home so she may have collected it. It usually depends on the delivery driver. Mine generally leaves them at the door when no ones home. At my old house they would always drop the card of to collect and never leave packages when no one was home. Luck of the draw I guess but it definately doesn't come through a courier.
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    Hawk123 said:

I just got this one. Pretty happy with it!

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/61031

Just got one of those as well - not my cup of tea! If anyone wants it - it's up for trade :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Mine came via Aus Post. They leave 10C stuff at the door. No signature