Official St. Louis Wishlist Foundation Pre-Party 10/3/14

Hello all!
For those who don't know yet, we have found a location and have selected a beneficiary for the St. Louis pre-party! This will be the 10th year of pre-party celebrations since we had our first Wishlist pre-party almost to the date and it all started in St. Louis, so we are working extra hard to make it special for you all! The same cast that hosted the OKC pre-party last year will be hosting this year for St. Louis so if you have any questions please feel free to message me here.

Date: Friday, October 3, 2014
Time: 3:00-6:00 p.m.
Wishlist Foundation Website: www.wishlistfoundation.org

#pjpreparty #pjstlouis #pjfundraiser #10yearsofWishlist

Where: MAGGIE O'BRIEN's Irish Pub and Restaurant 2000 Market St, St. Louis * ALL AGES WELCOME*
FB Link for the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/576906365762681/
FB Link for Maggie's: https://www.facebook.com/maggieobriens

Beneficiary: FRIENDS OF KIDS WITH CANCER
Friends of Kids with Cancer is devoted to enriching the daily lives of children undergoing treatment for, and survivors of, cancer and blood -related diseases. Our mission is to be an advocate for these special kids and provide them and their families with the educational, emotional, and recreational support needed as a result of the long hours of chemotherapy, illness and isolation.
FB Link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-of-Kids-With-Cancer/21522732993

Maggie O Brien's is only a few blocks away from the Scottrade Center but they will also be running a shuttle that evening and it is $1 to get there and $1 to get back. They are really pulling out the stops to accommodate everything for us so please come and let's show them how amazing the Pearl Jam community is! You'll want to come early and don't miss it! :)

We are looking for auction and raffle item donations and your generosity is greatly appreciated! Please feel free to message me if you would like to make a donation.

TO DONATE
If you have official t-shirts, posters, stickers or any other cool Pearl Jam or side project merchandise memorabilia, music/pop culture related items, gift cards, original art or anything else you would like to donate to a preparty fundraiser, please send an email to donate(at)wishlistfoundation.org. So we can promote your item in advance and provide you with a tax receipt, please include the following info in your email:
◦Full Name:
◦Address:
◦Email Address:
◦Phone:
◦Donated item(s):
◦City/Fundraiser for donation:
◦Are you shipping beforehand or bringing it day of?

We have some AMAZING items for our raffle and auction and I will post photos here as we get them so please keep checking back!

Hosts for this event:
Jennifer J.B (twosdaygrl)
Chris Lee-Sye (leathermosquitoman)
Candice Anders (don't_it_make_you_smile)

Comments

• edited August 2014

"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell"-- Many Thanks to our anonymous donor for this! A cowbell signed by Will Ferrell! :)
    Post edited by Don't_It_Make_You_Smile on

Much PJ love to an anonymous donor for a
    COKE BOTTLE COPY OF TEN. We will be auctioning off this bad boy for you St. Louis fans! And we know many of you want it. :)

• edited August 2014
    Many thanks to John Wiggum for donating the Leeds poster! So grateful!

Many thanks to Kara Knuffman for making and donating these gorgeous earrings for you ladies for St. Louis! I can't wait to get a pair! They'll go fast!

Thanks to Trisha Serrano for her generous donation of the PJ posters!
  • This 2014 signed and numbered Flight To Mars poster which even glows in the dark!
    Many thanks to Thomas Fyfe for the donation!
  • Many thanks to Jonathan Schulze for donating these 10c Christmas singles and the new 2014 10c poster to the St. Louis party!

Thank you Janell Miller Cuneio for donating this poster for us! :)

Thank you for the donation Corey Ouellette

Many thanks to my dear friend Corey Ouellette for donating this signed and numbered limited edition 41/75 Don Pendleton poster titled "After The Storm"
  • These are just some of the amazing donations we have coming in. Stay tuned for more! :) If you have any items you would like to donate, please PM us:
    Jennifer J.B (twosdaygrl)
    Chris Lee-Sye (leathermosquitoman)
    Candice Anders (don't_it_make_you_smile)
    We would greatly appreciate it! Can't wait to see you all there for the 10th anniversary party! You don't want to miss it.

Many thanks to Boston Lou for donating this amazing EV Dickie's jacket from the 2009 tour for the St Louis pre-party!
    Thanks again to all our donors that have sent items in so far. We could not do it without your generous donations!

• I want to sincerely thank everybody that has contributed to the St. Louis Wishlist fundraiser so far. This year the charity we are donating to, Friends of Kids with Cancer, is very close to my heart. Two years ago, my 7 year old niece Sophia was diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia. It was a day that changed my family forever. Sophia had been complaining of being tired and not feeling well, and was taken to the doctor. Several tests were run and nothing was found. She was not improving and was later taken to the hospital. Test after test were run, and results continued to come back negative. However, my fears continued to grow because there was one thing that had not yet been ruled out- cancer. I do not live in the same state as my family anymore, and it was so difficult to be away from them during a time like this. I remember the day my dad called to tell me the news. I knew as soon as I heard his voice what he was going to say. I have never in my life felt so much fear and despair as I did in that moment. He told me she was going to Saint Jude’s hospital as soon as they could arrange it. I made the decision without a second thought to quit my summer school job and move to Louisiana for the summer to take care of her siblings since my brother and sister in law would both need to be with Sophia at St. Jude’s. We drove through the night and thankfully were able to see her before she left. My family and friends united in such an amazing way. Sophia began her battle with an outpouring of love and support all around her. I know many of you know or have known someone that has been through this, and that it is the most difficult thing a person can endure. The strength I’ve seen in Sophia over the last two years is incredible. All that she’s been through, and all that she’ll continue to go through, has made her the bravest and strongest person I will ever know. There have been many ups and downs, smiles and tears, but through it all we have grown stronger. This has made me, and everyone close to us realize that life is so precious. Any time I feel overwhelmed about my petty little problems I think of Sophia and realize there is a greater purpose to all of this. I never hesitate to tell those around me that I love them, and I do it quite often. There is no sense in keeping things bottled up inside. Life is too short, and we never know when it will be our last.
    Sophia will be starting school in the fall after 2 years of being away. She is still going through treatment, and there are still some very difficult days, but she is making improvements every day. As of now she is ‘cancer free’ but still has a long road ahead of her. It is thanks to organizations like Friends of Kids with Cancer that have made for a little bit of light in this darkest time. Let’s break a record with this fundraiser, because I promise you organizations like this are everything. Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you in St. Louis. Much love.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Sounds awesome. Can't wait to go. Boston Lou is the man.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • edited August 2014

Many thanks to Chris Bork for his donation of PJ Wrigley baseball cards!
  • edited August 2014

Thanks to part of the Hartford rail crew Don Fowler and Nick Zaharias for donating a set CD, sticker and setlist from the show for the pre-party!

• edited August 2014
    Thank you to the generous anonymous donor for the following posters. Your kindness is greatly appreciated ! :)

Thank you Lorinda Elizando for this awesome donation!! :)
  • edited August 2014
    TEN.
    TEN years of pre-parties.
    TEN years of friendships.
    TEN years of community.
    So many thanks to all the fans who have donated so far and now we just received a TEN Collector's Edition Box Set thanks to Joe Boesing and we still have a Coke Bottle TEN thanks to an anonymous donor.
    Thanks again to all of you for making Wishlist such a success! We can't wait to see you!

• edited August 2014

Thank you Matthew Percival for your donation of a XL Wrigley setlist t-shirt!
    Looking forward to seeing you all! Hearts and thoughts...
  • Look what we received! Many thanks to Ames Bros. for their donation of their PJ tour poster book. And they even signed it for us!

If you have a donation for St Louis, please shoot me a PM and I'll make arrangements for it. Thank you to all the fans that have donated already! And many thanks to Ames Bros!
  • Many many thanks to artist Don Pendleton for donating three prints to us fans for the pre-party! Photo 1 is of the print that Don designed at the Volcom store the night Lightning Bolt was released.
    Photos 2 and 3 are both prints number 33/100 of the Brooklyn prints from the show in 2013. Thank you Don for your generosity!

• Did I mention how much I love getting donations for the St. Louis party in the mail? OMG!!!
  • I have an extra GA ticket for STL. Can that be donated?
  • Absolutely Marie! Thank you so very much! I'll PM you!
  • I'm so glad I could donate my GA ticket! I met the gentleman who won the ticket standing next to me in the pit. He and his guys were super cool, and my trip to the the STL GA "alone" was definitely not alone. Hope you all raised a ton of money! Can't wait to see you in Tulsa!