Options

Pearl Jam 2006 Onwards

I was reading a 2 star review of Pearl Jam (Avocado) on Amazon the other day. I always find the more critical reviews better reading, though when it comes to Pearl Jam I rarely agree with them. However this one reviewer made a comment, which got me thinking a little. He/She claimed Pearl Jam were a changed band in 2006 - More rocking, made videos, a lot more press, TV appearances, festival slots.
Although the reviewer didn't necessary criticize any of this, they did mention that several old-timer Pearl Jam fans weren't totally convinced, and perhaps a little sparkle had been removed.
Just wondered what everyone thought of that

Comments

• Options
    JimmyjamhJimmyjamh Posts: 90
    I often think I'm alone in loving Avocado but I think most of the tracks sound far better live than on the album. I think they seem to have been far more comfortable as a band in the public eye in from 2006. To be fair none of the videos from that period were typical music vids I saw them as more typical PJ vids with minimal focus on them. That's changed this time round though with MYM and sirens videos. I know there's a lot of criticism for the three albums since then but I think as band they've never looked more relaxed and comfortable