Options

This has to stop

Comments

• Options
    kazmokazmo Posts: 99
    Rarely comment here, but after receiving the email from the ten club, thought I'd try and find out what prompted it...18 pages later...now need to work out how to post a photo from my iPad! Bear with me!

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    kazmo said:

Rarely comment here, but after receiving the email from the ten club, thought I'd try and find out what prompted it...18 pages later...now need to work out how to post a photo from my iPad! Bear with me!

Kudos to you if you actually read it all! Lots of people just pull out the parts to suit their argument and ignore other points made. Hopefully you can post it and everyone can have a clear understanding of the policy.
  • Options
    No idea how to post a photo! Have uploaded it to my little used twitter account though, hopefully you can see it.

http://t.co/dmCt4gafhZ
  • Options
    If that doesn't work, it's definitely on my twitter feed, @karon78

Hope that helps clear up the genuine or not questions about the letter handed out.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    do we really need a letter or anything ro use common sense??cheating is bad is every way
    im having a blast this tour and i dont have time with stupid things like that..i walk in and watch the show.show my wtistband and get into the inner circle...nothing more....and got rail 4 shows..side but still rail..and without even me trying what people 'want ti happened to them" by waiting all day in line ..happened to me so easily..drunk twice eddie wine..2times had handshake with eddie...git tambourine..mike wave and said hi greece ..and last night eddie gave me handshake.saw my flag and start shiuting..its you..YOU!!and then he start pointing my shirt and laugh his ass off with the "×why now u dont bitching shirt i was wearing...i just fuckin walk im at venue 30 min befire show time....thinhs will happen when u dont force them...u dint have to sleep in thw fuckin street all night
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    PJ_Soul said:

KC2917 said:

JimmyV said:

TigaSefi said:

I got the email and I am attending Leeds. Should be interesting :)

Can you copy and paste it for us?

Scroll up. There's a picture of it.
    That's a picture of a piece of paper that anyone could have made, not an email. Not even any addresses or anything. It looks like it was typed up on Word. I think people are wanting to see an actual email... the whole problem is that normally if something like that were emailed by 10c people would he seeing way more comments about it and getting it forwarded to them by other members, people would be posting screen shots, etc. The fact that that isn't happening here is making us all suspect there was no email. Sorry, lol. Just seems odd.
    The email is true. I have it for the final shows I'm attending. What does it matter if you haven't seen the email? If you aint on this tour you don't get the email. Those attending the Fall tour will get the email. Calling the email fake just because you didnt get one only adds to the problem. Stop being so cynical.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited June 2014
    boyo79 said:

PJ_Soul said:

KC2917 said:

JimmyV said:

TigaSefi said:

I got the email and I am attending Leeds. Should be interesting :)

Can you copy and paste it for us?

Scroll up. There's a picture of it.
    That's a picture of a piece of paper that anyone could have made, not an email. Not even any addresses or anything. It looks like it was typed up on Word. I think people are wanting to see an actual email... the whole problem is that normally if something like that were emailed by 10c people would he seeing way more comments about it and getting it forwarded to them by other members, people would be posting screen shots, etc. The fact that that isn't happening here is making us all suspect there was no email. Sorry, lol. Just seems odd.
    The email is true. I have it for the final shows I'm attending. What does it matter if you haven't seen the email? If you aint on this tour you don't get the email. Those attending the Fall tour will get the email. Calling the email fake just because you didnt get one only adds to the problem. Stop being so cynical.
    I'm not calling the email fake, and if i still were it wouldn't be because I didn't get one.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Fake or not ( setting aside the fact that faking something like that is unacceptable) the 10 c has already stated very very clearly that they do not approve of a list/numbering system!

If they follow up with enforcing measures, then so be it. The people doing it, already know that 10c does not approve!
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,409
    would only take 30 seconds to do a screen shot and upload the picture of the email...

So there's no real confirmation that the letter is real?
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,695
    JV130312 said:

would only take 30 seconds to do a screen shot and upload the picture of the email...

Of course it's real. If you pm me your email ill send it over. I sure cant be bothered to upload it
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited June 2014
    It's real. It's "to all Ten Club GA Standing Ticket Holders"
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    JV130312 said:

Those who need the letter have the confirmation. I.e. those attending GA shows for the remainder of the tour.

Don't believe it, that's your problem.

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,735
    edited June 2014

It's real. It's "to all Ten Club GA Standing Ticket Holders"

The rules are real & ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL2PicT9Kng
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,409
    boyo79 said:

JV130312 said:

Those who need the letter have the confirmation. I.e. those attending GA shows for the remainder of the tour.

Don't believe it, that's your problem.

I didn't say I didn't believe it...I was clearly asking a question. Up until this point, people were still questioning the validity of the "paper." I was just suggesting to end all the "debate and doubt" to just screen shot it...which Tiki, thankfully, took the 30 seconds to do...twice. So now the thread and list could be laid to rest.

I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    To be fair, there was a photo posted yesterday from people at the gig in Stockholm and another posted from Twitter in this thread earlier today. Plus numerous people confirming they had received the email last night.

• Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    Yep it's real alright.
    I just hope that 10c doesn't end up ending early entry because of all this...

I remember numbers in 2007 at Copenhagen and it seemed then that it had started for well intentioned reasons.
    I haven't had the experience of people coming in ahead of me cos I only waited in line back then and from about 14.30 at Berlin. Although I saw numbers I didn't see anything else - but I heard all about it in 2012.
    Such a shame.

Time to bin these crazy lists once and for all...

Please let's hold on to the early entry privelidge by all doing the right thing..
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504

do we really need a letter or anything ro use common sense??cheating is bad is every way
    im having a blast this tour and i dont have time with stupid things like that..i walk in and watch the show.show my wtistband and get into the inner circle...nothing more....and got rail 4 shows..side but still rail..and without even me trying what people 'want ti happened to them" by waiting all day in line ..happened to me so easily..drunk twice eddie wine..2times had handshake with eddie...git tambourine..mike wave and said hi greece ..and last night eddie gave me handshake.saw my flag and start shiuting..its you..YOU!!and then he start pointing my shirt and laugh his ass off with the "×why now u dont bitching shirt i was wearing...i just fuckin walk im at venue 30 min befire show time....thinhs will happen when u dont force them...u dint have to sleep in thw fuckin street all night

I don't always understand/follow the Greeklish, but I enjoyed reading that and hearing about your experience.

Very cool.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878

Thanks for this. I'm glad it is real and that 10c has weighed in on the issue. Wasn't trying to accuse anyone of being dishonest, just wanted to see the email with my own two eyes.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    Taking advantage of the weak, the meek, the polite, the respectful, those with a true sense of right and wrong is abhorrent, despicable, disgusting behavior in any situation. The bullying tactics used by those possessing the capability to intimidate and refusing someone their rightful place in line to see this band we all love is the worst example of selfish, self righteous, egotistical behavior.

Such a shame that the Ten Club actually had to step in to put a stop to what any rationally thinking person knows is simply wrong. Hopefully this will put and end to this absurdity once and for all.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Its not going away until EVERYONE comments. \:D/
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Thanks for the confirmation folks. :)

The confusion came in, I believe, because this was handled in a fairly bizarre way by 10c.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    edited June 2014
    If you want to get in early and grab a spot near the front - then queue up.

Otherwise go to the back of the line.

Or just fuck off and stop being selfish pricks.

I would expect better from PJ fans than this kind of behaviour.

I'm honestly disgusted by it.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504
    PJ_Soul said:

The confusion came in, I believe, because this was handled in a fairly bizarre way by 10c.

How was it bizarre? An issue was brought to their attention, they combed through all the orders and contacted those with GA tickets to advise them of the current policy.

Seems reasonable to me.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    100 Pacer said:

PJ_Soul said:

How was it bizarre? An issue was brought to their attention, they combed through all the orders and contacted those with GA tickets to advise them of the current policy.

Seems reasonable to me.
    It's the fact that a piece of paper was somehow distributed on the sidewalk before any email was ever sent. And combine that with the fact that 10c actually earlier stated that they would not be getting good involved with this issue, and then got involved by handing out flyers, apparently. Strikes me as strange, and definitely the cause of my doubt in the authenticity of the message.
  • Options
    stankratzstankratz Posts: 183
    edited June 2014
    We had a good thing, a great thing (PJ visiting Europe plus the opportunity of 10c tickets for early entry/pit access) and now because of the actions of a minority the whole thing could be fúcked. I never queued early, but if I did and some nobody came up to me demanding to see some unofficial number to validate my hard-earned place in a line to a rock concert, I would take the utmost pleasure in fúcking them off from 10 heights. 'Well done' to 10c for moving to kill this line/list BS, it's just a shame and embarrassing that it had to come to that. The people who created and oversaw this unofficial list system to the point of exploitation and alienation go against everything I see this band promoting, shame on you fúckers.
    Post edited by stankratz on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    100 Pacer said:

PJ_Soul said:

Seems reasonable to me.
    Given the way tickets are traded and extras sold, it stands to reason there is any number of GA ticket holders who 10c has no record of. By emailing only those who purchased tickets directly I'm sure there are some who have been missed. Maybe not many, but some nonetheless.

Regardless, this was a positive move by 10c. I applaud them for it.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    JimmyV said:

100 Pacer said:

PJ_Soul said:

Seems reasonable to me.
    Given the way tickets are traded and extras sold, it stands to reason there is any number of GA ticket holders who 10c has no record of. By emailing only those who purchased tickets directly I'm sure there are some who have been missed. Maybe not many, but some nonetheless.

Regardless, this was a positive move by 10c. I applaud them for it.
    Yeah, there is that too. Just would have expected 10c to make an official statement a whole lot more official, lol. The way they did it, it almost seems like they're trying to keep it a secret, lol. Making a point of getting it to as few people as possible. :P

But yes, that they did anything at all is great! So curious to hear about what happens now... what are the listers going to do?? Try and invent some new scam?
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Its not going away until EVERYONE comments. \:D/

Honest question for you, you use the list for the tour? I mean, you seem to be the one that's pretty much complaining about people complaining about the list. Serious question. Because pretty much EVERYONE has a problem with this list and these people abusing this list. But you seem to have a problem with everyone complaining about it. You dnt like people complaining about this list, stop coming to the thread. Simple problem solved. List is garbage and anyone who abused is just as shitty. To take advantage of people who are there to see pearl jam just because they dnt know about this so called list. Come on bro.