are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

can i get a ruling on these people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b9rOji_PWY

I find that hilarious but why would they be frauds?
    if nothing else, new yorkers are pretty weak booers. this was funny. wish someone had the balls to say what they felt to his face though.

irony of ironies is when the one kid whined about him leaving the yankees "for the money"

haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

if nothing else, new yorkers are pretty weak booers. this was funny. wish someone had the balls to say what they felt to his face though.

irony of ironies is when the one kid whined about him leaving the yankees "for the money"

haha
    Ahhh yeah, during the game they chanted "you sold out". It's like they for even know what team they root for.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722

haha
    Ahhh yeah, during the game they chanted "you sold out". It's like they for even know what team they root for.

LOL. That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard...Yankees fans chanting "you sold out". Good stuff.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Where they chanting "you sold out" to Cano or the entire Yankee roster?
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    so i been thinking this now about 14 seconds

beings i am not into sports, what if, by a overnight terrible miracle, i decided to support some teams...
    would i be a sports fraud & who should i support?

baseball
    basketball
    hockey
    football

jerseys, hats, posters & those silly little flag things on sticks

go
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    chadwick said:

so i been thinking this now about 14 seconds

beings i am not into sports, what if, by a overnight terrible miracle, i decided to support some teams...
    would i be a sports fraud & who should i support?

baseball
    basketball
    hockey
    football

jerseys, hats, posters & those silly little flag things on sticks

go

baseball: Yankees or Red Sox
    basketball - Miami Heat
    hockey - probably Boston Bruins but hockey is pretty fluid on who the best and most popular teams are
    football - Dallas Cowboys
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i was too slow on the delete/edit button

sometimes typing up what we're thinking isn't exactly a good idea, much like speaking before thinking it over a bit

oh well

go!!!!!! yankees, red sox, heat, bruins, cowboys
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120

haha

LOL. That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard...Yankees fans chanting "you sold out". Good stuff.
    Odd thing is if this was me or ANY ONE Of you guys would have taken the money even if that said money is way across the country. These players have a short shelf life and the MUST make the most of it while they can.

For me I can ONLY root for the BOSTON STRONG!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:

haha

Odd thing is if this was me or ANY ONE Of you guys would have taken the money even if that said money is way across the country. These players have a short shelf life and the MUST make the most of it while they can.

Peace
    Oh yeah, I would have taken the money for sure. You can't really blame someone when a team is willing to pay you $240M over 10 years. Still one of the most ridiculous contracts out there, but the Mariners were dumb enough to give it to him.

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120

g under p said:

haha

Peace
    Oh yeah, I would have taken the money for sure. You can't really blame someone when a team is willing to pay you $240M over 10 years. Still one of the most ridiculous contracts out there, but the Mariners were dumb enough to give it to him.

I agree, I don't care how good a player is you should not give out 10 year guaranteed contracts. Unless that player is a pitcher even then ONLY a max 6-7 year contract.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Phillies fans
    If you have any phillies related topics to discuss they should now be done in this thread
    edited May 2014

Phillies fans

we boo the hell out of kobe bryant and we get ripped. we do the opposite for trout and we get ripped.......AND---in the angels broadcast, they brought up the stupid santa/snowball thing from a million years ago again. ha. yup, philly fans can't win. this proves it yet again.

for the record, i don't have a big problem with the ovation on his first at bat. i guess it was a bit over the top. but i would have a bigger problem if they were actively rooting for the angels to win the game, though. there were reportedly 8,000 people from millville there last night. if a likeable (opposite of kobe), one for the ages, player from my high school or nearby where i grew up came back to play my team, i'd give him a polite applause as well. not sure i would stand, but it's a prideful thing from him being from your hometown. i get that............and i guarantee ALL of them are hoping he ends up playing for the phils when he's smack in the prime of his career.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    also--yeah, i booed kobe back in the day. i've hated that kid since middle school.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I have a friend who is a huge Yankees fan, a Lakers fan (but silent now), NY Giants, Syracuse when they are good, his wife allows him to jump to LSU and New Orleans Saints when convenient. He moved to NC like a decade ago so I hear chatter about NC State when/if they do well.

Mind you he is a huge facebook cheerer.

He was a NY Rangers "fan" in college. Would barely watch any games, didnt know hockey, meanwhile the Sabres and Isles fans amongst us would be knowledgeable and watch every game possible.
    So he was a huge Carolina Hurricanes fan suddenly in their playoff/cup run in 2006. Many facebook posts daily, rubbing it in, accepting congratulations from people, photos posted before/during/after games, etc.

Now I see from his chatter he is a huge Rangers fan again

I need to learn to switch my allegiances. Maybe I wouldnt be such a tortured sports soul
    MayDay10 said:

I have a friend who is a huge Yankees fan, a Lakers fan (but silent now), NY Giants, Syracuse when they are good, his wife allows him to jump to LSU and New Orleans Saints when convenient. He moved to NC like a decade ago so I hear chatter about NC State when/if they do well.

Mind you he is a huge facebook cheerer.

He was a NY Rangers "fan" in college. Would barely watch any games, didnt know hockey, meanwhile the Sabres and Isles fans amongst us would be knowledgeable and watch every game possible.
    So he was a huge Carolina Hurricanes fan suddenly in their playoff/cup run in 2006. Many facebook posts daily, rubbing it in, accepting congratulations from people, photos posted before/during/after games, etc.

Now I see from his chatter he is a huge Rangers fan again

I need to learn to switch my allegiances. Maybe I wouldnt be such a tortured sports soul

God, people like that are the worst. Especially when they are all over facebook about it....so happy I got rid of facebook and dont have to read people's nonsense anymore.

NEVER switch allegiances!

Phillies fans

we boo the hell out of kobe bryant and we get ripped. we do the opposite for trout and we get ripped.......AND---in the angels broadcast, they brought up the stupid santa/snowball thing from a million years ago again. ha. yup, philly fans can't win. this proves it yet again.

for the record, i don't have a big problem with the ovation on his first at bat. i guess it was a bit over the top. but i would have a bigger problem if they were actively rooting for the angels to win the game, though. there were reportedly 8,000 people from millville there last night. if a likeable (opposite of kobe), one for the ages, player from my high school or nearby where i grew up came back to play my team, i'd give him a polite applause as well. not sure i would stand, but it's a prideful thing from him being from your hometown. i get that............and i guarantee ALL of them are hoping he ends up playing for the phils when he's smack in the prime of his career.
    Listen, I get in pride being where you're from and all and I agree, but pretty much every baseball player is from somewhere other than where he plays. Yankees fans never gave Manny a standing ovation, San Diego never gave Hamels a standing O, CC doesn't get a standing ovation in Oakland (and he is crazy involved with the community there).

I find it weird.

That said, every stadium is and should be cheering Jeter,

...we're talking about a guy drawing comparisons to mickey mantle though. it's virtually impossible not to like him either.

so you have an extremely likeable guy who is being compared to some of the best to ever play the game, coming back to his hometown. i don't see the big deal.
    chinese-happy.jpg

...we're talking about a guy drawing comparisons to mickey mantle though. it's virtually impossible not to like him either.

so you have an extremely likeable guy who is being compared to some of the best to ever play the game, coming back to his hometown. i don't see the big deal.

Who no one in this area had any clue existed until a couple years ago. I don't think it is a big deal, but I think it is pretty friggen fraudulent.

Who no one in this area had any clue existed until a couple years ago. I don't think it is a big deal, but I think it is pretty friggen fraudulent.
    ....8,000 people (the majority of the one's cheering) were from around where he grew up. they've known about him for years. well before he was in the majors.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder...fraud?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

you can't find any more annoying baseball fan bases than cubs or red sox, with the probable exception of yankees. good for Ed!

p.s. which "great" twins was he talking about? joe "the bust" mauer?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I'm a complete and total sports fan fraud. But I love yelling at tv's.

Poser and proud!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    juggler?

thoughts?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I will give credit to the weirdo Raiders fans who show up at A's games in full Raider weirdo garb, just surveying their crappy stadium while prospecting another crappy losing season just months away.
    imalive said:

juggler?

thoughts?

Good god that is so wrong.
    Jason P said:

I will give credit to the weirdo Raiders fans who show up at A's games in full Raider weirdo garb, just surveying their crappy stadium while prospecting another crappy losing season just months away.

I once attended a raiders pep rally on a Friday afternoon in jack London square. interesting. the cheerleaders were hot.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

juggler?

thoughts?

...you know my thoughts...
    chinese-happy.jpg

imalive said:

juggler?

thoughts?

...you know my thoughts...
    you obviously can't wear it interleague or World Series......but everyday use?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16