An ongoing home for Pearl Jam (and non-PJ) haiku

aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 769
A lot of folks seemed to enjoy the recent haiku contest that was put on by PJ Soul. Based on that, njnancy suggested to me that there should be a place for Pearl Jam haiku, not as part of a contest, but just in general. So, here it is.

Troubled souls, unite
We have got our place to write
So... drop the haiku!
10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
Post edited by aurynsdad on

Comments

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    My head is spinning
    from the abuse my ex spews;
    my son at his side
    Dance with abandon!
    Tribal beat; sweet guitars; song,
    Cleanse my mind and soul!
  • aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 769
    Had to thumb my way
    To get to where I needed.
    Followed rusted signs.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
    :D
    Shiny signs often
    Draw us in; but, rusted ones
    always guide us home
    There always is more
    Time- it never is really
    The end of the line
    Came across a note,
    Written just a year ago.
    Tears blur my son's love
    Now that you are here
    I no longer have the time
    To spend fearing death
    Thank you speed demons
    For providing me cover
    When I sometimes speed
    We feel the blessing
    Of suffering in the form
    Of our happiness
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    once you said you loved me
    but I can't remember when
    the silent movement of passing cars
    time and time again.

Godfather.
    My mind can't create
    It's on lock down; no feelings
    Survival, I guess.
  • Heard the sound calling

For a shine spirits spit buffed

An old shoe shined new
  • Heard the sound calling

For a time spirits spit buffed

An old shoe shined new

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    Orioles fly in circles
    to find south
    flightless ornaments
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Winter sky
    without clouds without chill
    blood drawn
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Winter is not white
    It is morning brightly brown
    It is Bob Dylan
    Green traffic lights
    across the street restaurant
    holiday lights
    highway
    bare trees and brittle ground cover
    New Year dinner
    New year day
    surrounded by room
    Where is my sweater?
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    Bring forth wine and song
    hand in hand we'll merry this eve
    lovers dance all night long
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    "Let's all get mohawks,"
    Ed shouted, as Jeff whizzed by
    on his new skateboard
    winter rain
    my torn umbrella near
    an open book
    Oh yeah I need help
    I found me honey and back
    Iqaluit proof
    wait I to be glad
    pray you at solar masses
    go back to go dark
    paying bills
    during the last day of vacation
    winter rain
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    edited January 2015
    Last day of freedom
    O' presidente surfs with a Better Man
    Next, cigars in Havanna
    Post edited by TalonTedd on
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
    over the gate
    the unplugged Christmas lights
    morning snow
    coffee grounds
    for three cups of coffee
    weather report
    he walks on the sidewalk
    between two houses
    winter chill