Options

*** EV Solo - Brisbane 1 Fanviews Here 02/22/14 ***

2»

Comments

• Options
    Still so amazed I get goosies each time I think about it. Thank you. You are one of the most beautifully talented human beings placed on this earth, Ed from Seattle. Thankyou from the deepest part of my heart, for your inspiration to get better, the laughter (much needed) & the most wonderful live entertainment I've seen in my 43 years of existence. You are the sunlight, when there's been far too much rain. Pray I can get tickets to see you again, although think their sold out. Cranky I was too gobsmacked & shy to yell out for Yellow Ledbetter...but that's life, but This Gift pretty well made up for that anyway. :x
  • Options
    sgdiehm13 said:

Still so amazed I get goosies each time I think about it. Thank you. You are one of the most beautifully talented human beings placed on this earth, Ed from Seattle. Thankyou from the deepest part of my heart, for your inspiration to get better, the laughter (much needed) & the most wonderful live entertainment I've seen in my 43 years of existence. You are the sunlight, when there's been far too much rain. Pray I can get tickets to see you again, although think their sold out. Cranky I was too gobsmacked & shy to yell out for Yellow Ledbetter...but that's life, but This Gift pretty well made up for that anyway. :x

:x :x :x :x
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    morello said:

^^^ What!??!? Ed dedicated Long Road to your family? Yay! Tell us more. :)

Jen,

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/230189/eddie-please-play-long-road-in-brisbane-this-saturday

gvn2fly26 started the above thread.

I replied explaining my Pop passing away on Australia Day.

I was so happy when Ed started talking about gvn2fly26's granddad and that Ed was going to play the request.

I never thought he would continue the story and include my family in his talk, but he did.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    ^^^ Ah, I see. Sorry about your Pop Jodie & givn2fly26's loss too, lovely that it got played.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    musragmusrag Brisbane Posts: 13
    Great show! Happy to have secured tickets via Ten Club. Just a shame they were 3 rows from the back. I had heard of this happening to Ten Club Members but never thought it would be the case. Lucky I picked up better tickets direct from Qpac for Sunday and Tuesday nights. No more Ten Club raffles for me.
  • Options
    pearljammonkeypearljammonkey Brisbane Posts: 205
    Same, no more ten club tickets for me at these gigs. there were seats available today on the qpac website for the tuesday show that were about 10 rows closer than my fan club tix
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,699

Same, no more ten club tickets for me at these gigs. there were seats available today on the qpac website for the tuesday show that were about 10 rows closer than my fan club tix

I made sure I didn't go with 10 c for seats this tour and got great ones through QPAC for Sunday night and Tuesday night's Brisbane shows. 10th row for Sunday night and 4th row dead centre for Tuesday night. :)
  • Options
    WhoWho Posts: 34
    I kept shaking my head in during Long Road just over how amazing it was to be hearing it live in such an intimate venue. Porch was also a massive stand out. It was also great to hear Ukelele Anthem for the first time.
  • Options
    TJ305570TJ305570 Toronto Ontario Canada Posts: 3
    Wow - amazing set list and reviews - wish I could have been there
    Wish EV solo would come back to Toronto - saw Detroit but that was 3 yrs ago now
    Toronto was even longer ago 2008 :,(
  • Options
    TJ305570TJ305570 Toronto Ontario Canada Posts: 3
    Who said:

I kept shaking my head in during Long Road just over how amazing it was to be hearing it live in such an intimate venue. Porch was also a massive stand out. It was also great to hear Ukelele Anthem for the first time.

Love Long Road!
  • Options
    Hi All,

Please check out my sisters review of this show.

Brisbane Night One:
    http://thedwarf.com.au/live_review/eddie-vedder-1

Also, professional photos that my brother took of the show.

Thank you!
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    That's awesome a great read, thanks Jodie. Please send a big Thanks to your sister and brother :)
  • Options

That's awesome a great read, thanks Jodie. Please send a big Thanks to your sister and brother :)

Thanks Natasha!

Will do :)
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the pre-sale of Eddie solo show was sold half price peloTC. There are very big rumors he will play Brazil in May 7,8,9 days in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro in 11.12.
    I appreciate any information.

Thank you!
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864

Does anyone know if the pre-sale of Eddie solo show was sold half price peloTC. There are very big rumors he will play Brazil in May 7,8,9 days in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro in 11.12.
    I appreciate any information.

Thank you!

Ten club tickets for the Australian shows were USD $261.00 for one pair of tickets and they weren't half price.

Individual tickets were about AU $125-128 direct from the ticket outlets, so Ten Club tickets were actually more expensive with the exchange rate.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    EddieisNumber1EddieisNumber1 Brisbane, Australia Posts: 49
    I wish i got to go to the show as they sold out in minutes.. sounded like an awesome night!!!
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 937
    So just thinking about this again, was there ever a video of present tense or a way of hearing it?