Official Soundgarden Appreciation Thread - Superunknown Reissue

thebrigthebrig Posts: 394
edited February 2014 in Other Music
After doing a search for a general Soundgarden thread produced no results after 100 pages, I'm going to start one!

Yesterday Soundgarden tweeted out a rehearsal version of their second single off Superuknown "Day I Tried To Live" with the hashtag #Superunknown20. It starts off with Chris trying to get the arrangement right for a couple of minutes and then the full song. You can listen to it here:

youtube.com/watch?v=U8fPixhuiTI

Very cool little window into part of the making of their masterpiece album. Hopefully this is a signal that they have more in store to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Superunknown!!

EDIT:
Just announced - a major reissue of Superunknown. More goodies than a pillowcase full of Halloween candy. See the announcement here:

soundgardenworld.com/superunknown20/
Mantis-2.gif
Post edited by thebrig on

Comments

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Heard this, why doesn't PJ do stuff like this?
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    edited February 2014
    For RSD they will be releasing a 10" box set of the superunknown singles. 5x10". Should be interesting.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a full album reissue in the fall.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Yes!!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    There you go.

• So excited, think I'm gonna have to buy the whole lot!

It will be interesting to see how the remaster compares to the original, the original still sounds so good, I just hope they don't brick wall the shit out of it.
    Fuck yeah - that deluxe set looks amazing! C'mon pre-orders!!!!
    www.cluthelee.com

So excited, think I'm gonna have to buy the whole lot!

It will be interesting to see how the remaster compares to the original, the original still sounds so good, I just hope they don't brick wall the shit out of it.

Well, our generation has gone a bit deaf listening to records like this in the 90s, so they have to at least put a smidge volume increase on it. The 5.1 mix will be like hearing it in a whole other way.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I'd like to send out a plea for someone to snag me one of the 10" vinyl set on Record Store Day! Being in Canada, and can pretty much guarantee that I won't be able to get it myself, so pleeaaaaaase, if someone else sees an extra one and can get it to me, I'll be so grateful! If I have to feed the flippers on Ebay I will, but I'd rather not! :-h
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    PJ_Soul said:

I'd like to send out a plea for someone to snag me one of the 10" vinyl set on Record Store Day! Being in Canada, and can pretty much guarantee that I won't be able to get it myself, so pleeaaaaaase, if someone else sees an extra one and can get it to me, I'll be so grateful! If I have to feed the flippers on Ebay I will, but I'd rather not! :-h

I will see what I can do for you.
    MedozK said:

PJ_Soul said:

I will see what I can do for you.
    Thank you!!
    >:D<
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Just want the standard LP. Hope they reissue that as well
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:

Looks like there will be a regular 200g 2LP release. :-bd
    PJ_Soul said:

mfc2006 said:

When? Didn't see that in the press release!

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • thebrigthebrig Posts: 394
    mfc2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mfc2006 said:

When? Didn't see that in the press release!

It'll release on June 3. The announcement of the vinyl is in the opening paragraph. Looks like it will be the remastered version if the album.
    Mantis-2.gif
    Sweet. Thanks! Must've missed that.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I'm going deluxe on this one! Birthday pressie!
    www.cluthelee.com
    Superunknown reissue preorder bundles up NOW!

http://soundgarden.shop.bravadousa.com/Dept.aspx?cp=58631_65477

Love that they are sending an instant download of the remastered album upon preordering!
    Mantis-2.gif
    Anyone willing to share newly remastered instant download?
    $55 for a plain old double LP, plus shipping? image No thank you. I'm very disappointed in Soundgarden for that.
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    PJ_Soul said:

$55 for a plain old double LP, plus shipping? image No thank you. I'm very disappointed in Soundgarden for that.

Absolute horse shit. way too expensive.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I can deal with the $55, but $27 for a CD is CRAZY!
    For those that are interested - Soundgarden is playing Superunknown in its entirety at the iTunes festival tonight. Performance is streaming live through iTunes at 8p PST. It will be available on iTunes for a few days after the show to view. To date - SG has never played Superunknown front to back before. One last thing - Matt will be on the kit tonight for his only confirmed appearance with the band this year!!
    Mantis-2.gif
    watching it, it always amazes me how aloof Cornell is, but he is a great performer none the less.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703

watching it, it always amazes me how aloof Cornell is, but he is a great performer none the less.

I tried to watch it through iTunes, but didn't work. :(
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    Watched it today and thought it was a pretty good performance. Chris's voice seemed to get better as the show went on and it was obvious that they had actually rehearsed before doing this.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I also tried through i tunes on both my laptop and PC. It stuttered alot. The sound was fine but the video kept pausing and was very choppy. I gave up after 5 minutes.
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Zod said:

I also tried through i tunes on both my laptop and PC. It stuttered alot. The sound was fine but the video kept pausing and was very choppy. I gave up after 5 minutes.

I had the same issues. A shame really. I really hope they make this show available fro download.
  • I bought the super deluxe set but I didn't receive my "instant download". Anyone else have this problem? I just bought it today so I don't know if I have to wait or what.