Options

Sochi Olympics

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    dignin said:

But in the end I think it's always better to win the bronze than lose the gold.

That"s what they say ... but the only we can lose the silver is if we are in the gold medal game, I'd much rather see us playing Sunday. I think Canada will be ready to go and I think it'll be an up tempo game ... it'll be Sweden's choice if they want to participate in that style of game or not ... we've played 5 games in this tournament and they've all been up tempo and 4 games have been against defensive teams ... We've faced defensive teams and supposedly the best offensive team in the tournament, so I really hope the guys really just leave all on the ice ... no let down. This will be the third game in which the lines stay the same and yesterdays game I felt the team had the best chemistry in the tournament and hopefully even better chemistry tomorrow ... win or lose I think we are learning how to play on big ice, and I think we'll even be better at it in Korea.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Exact reason why I don't really need the States to send NHLers. No heart. I'd bet everyone on that team would prefer to win the Cup than win a gold medal.

Send college kids or AHLers. Kids who can make a name for themselves.

I think all the NHLers on the Canada and Sweden team and Canadians and Swedes would disagree with you! Lots of heart to go around! I just want to see the best in the world play each other. There are plenty of other tournaments where i could watch all the mediocre people play each other.
    I agree, I enjoy the NHL players in the Olympics. If the NHL does stop participating the Canada and the States will likely be at huge disadvantage. Some of the top Europeans are playing in professional leagues in Europe and usually our best are in the NHL.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    Bars will not be permitted to open early in most of Ontario ... Toronto is the exception. Curious as to how they are the exception? BC pubs and bars can stay open just no booze can be sold and consumed ... hmmmm, gotta love how the government pinheads can determine whats best for us, after all the Olympics only happen every 4 years.

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    PJ_Soul said:

Exact reason why I don't really need the States to send NHLers. No heart. I'd bet everyone on that team would prefer to win the Cup than win a gold medal.

Send college kids or AHLers. Kids who can make a name for themselves.

I think all the NHLers on the Canada and Sweden team and Canadians and Swedes would disagree with you! Lots of heart to go around! I just want to see the best in the world play each other. There are plenty of other tournaments where i could watch all the mediocre people play each other.
    Not a doubt in my mind about the other countries you mentioned. This is the US. Cars driving in circles draws a higher TV rating than hockey.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    lukin2006 said:

Bars will not be permitted to open early in most of Ontario ... Toronto is the exception. Curious as to how they are the exception?

Why Toronto is the exception? Let me guess...
  • Options
    Longueuil said:

lukin2006 said:

Bars will not be permitted to open early in most of Ontario ... Toronto is the exception. Curious as to how they are the exception?

But I think Polaris said he voted against the motion ... which if he did seem odd, considering its Rob Ford. I guess I don't understand why Toronto has the power to decide this issue but the rest of the province doesn't.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited February 2014
    lukin2006 said:

Longueuil said:

lukin2006 said:

But I think Polaris said he voted against the motion ... which if he did seem odd, considering its Rob Ford. I guess I don't understand why Toronto has the power to decide this issue but the rest of the province doesn't.
    Actually, it turns out that he voted no because the motion said that bars and pubs could serve at 7am, but night clubs were excluded. So basically, he voted no because it meant there wouldn't be enough booze available. LOL!!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Friend #1 left about two hours ago... friend #2 isn't getting here for another hour... holding strong and drinking vodka rockstars. 8-}
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    How many of my fellow Canucks up already and prepping for the big game? 6:00 am and just got up, game is in an hour, beer is on ice and only problem I got is that I will be watching the game in a hotel lobby :)) but who cares as long as I get to see the game. GO CANADA GO.....BRING HOME THE GOLD [-O<
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Whoohoo! I am ready on the west coast!!! <:-P
  • Options
    I'm up ready to go. GO CANADA GO!!!

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    Sweet, let's keep this party rocking....man I am so pumped for this game
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:

Sweet, let's keep this party rocking....man I am so pumped for this game

Me too!!! The CBC pre-game is solid. Loved that Pittsburgh comment: "You Pittsburg guys, eh. Always doing something stupid, you two." lol
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

Longueuil said:

lukin2006 said:

Actually, it turns out that he voted no because the motion said that bars and pubs could serve at 7am, but night clubs were excluded. So basically, he voted no because it meant there wouldn't be enough booze available. LOL!!
    That makes sense. I know bars here locally are not happy, they've said its a dream scenario that they can't profit from ... That's our provincial government here Ontario.

• Options
    Nick Backstrom is out for Sweden ... Headache, are you freaking kidding me, a headache.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

Longueuil said:

lukin2006 said:

That makes sense. I know bars here locally are not happy, they've said its a dream scenario that they can't profit from ... That's our provincial government here Ontario.
    Well i can understand why night club owners would be mad, but i assume they were excluded because of public safety concerns. i mean, the cops have enough trouble controlling a Saturday night crowd coming out of the night clubs as it is. i don't know what kind of gong show it would be if they basically let them go right through to the morning for a gold medal game. I know it would be insanity if it happened on the night club strip in Vancouver (hell, there'd probably be a riot :facepalm:)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

Nick Backstrom is out for Sweden ... Headache, are you freaking kidding me, a headache.

Well, a migraine. i've never had one, but i've heard those incapacitate you.
  • Options
    WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Hell yeah;
    keep it goin boys!
    Cheers.

'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

True ... It was more of comment about his bad luck.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    That penalty call was an even upper ... Knew they'd do that as soon as Forsberg opened his trap. Too bad one of our former stars didn't tell this dude shut the fuck up. Fuckin whiner.
    Post edited by lukin2006 on

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

True ... It was more of comment about his bad luck.
    Ah, i see. You're right about that! Fucking massive disappointment!
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

That penalty call was an even upper

Word.
    2nd's on!
    Cheers.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    GOAL YA BABY
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Sick breakaway goal for Crosby!
    B-)
    Cheers.
  • Options

Sick breakaway goal for Crosby!
    B-)
    Cheers.

That was beautiful!!
  • Options
    Kevin Dineen- class act.
    20 hard minutes to go.
    Cheers.
  • Options

Kevin Dineen- class act.
    20 hard minutes to go.
    Cheers.

Agree ... Keep the shifts short.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    this thing is over with today, right? jesus christ.....who would have though the olympics would have lasted 2 whole months??
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    That is what awesome looks like ya Team Canada :D
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.