*** Big Day Out - Adelaide Fanviews Here 01/31/14 ***

2»

Comments

• Miss ColadaMiss Colada Posts: 167
    edited February 2014
    Had such a fantastic time & it was great being close up to see how happy the guys were. First time that i was that close which really gave me the opportunity to admire their playing skill & technique (and i'm no muso). Especially loved watching Jeff. A special thanks to the great people around me, esp all the folk that stemmed the crowd surge quite a few times. A few aggressive types around but regardless a fun fun night. The line up for the cloakroom made me laugh, in particular listening to one gent loudly voicing his disgust that one particular female received a tambourine from Ed and she was just a "token fan" & wasn't deserving lol
    As i'm completely biased it was nice to hear from my bro & co who are casual fans and have attended more BDOs that i can count, that they rated the PJ performance in their top 2 of all BDO performances (the other being RATM)
    Cheers to all, hope everyone enjoys whatever shows they have coming up x
    1995 • 2006 • 2009 • Adelaide
    2007 • Wembley - London
    2009 • Melbourne
    2010 • Madison Square Garden
  • "The water guys were pretty funny to watch they were lovin there job ed repayed them with picks"

They did a great job , they stopped doing water at yelbeter, and where just watching the last song from mikes side , when 3 of the security guards went anal and were telling them to leave etc, when 1 of them refused the brain dead security looked like they were gonna hit him, they were pushing him back making him leave myself and a couple of other guys near me started to give it to the dickheads, and everyone else around just stood silent like week pieces of shit that they were. Its was a wrong end to a great night.

• redmegredmeg Posts: 21
    Yeah pj security dude kicked them out from stones side once they finished pretty shitty treatment really. Pretty good gig though
    Getting paid to watch pj and give out water
  • tallman72 said:

"The water guys were pretty funny to watch they were lovin there job ed repayed them with picks

"

They did a great job , they stopped doing water at yelbeter, and where just watching the last song from mikes side , when 3 of the security guards went anal and were telling them to leave etc, when 1 of them refused the brain dead security looked like they were gonna hit him, they were pushing him back making him leave myself and a couple of other guys near me started to give it to the dickheads, and everyone else around just stood silent like week pieces of shit that they were. Its was a wrong end to a great night.

even thou they were fun to watch it kinda pissed me off to see them get EV picks, i dont know the set up but im pretty sure they got a free show for handing out water and they score picks but we are the hardcore fans who spent the big $$$$ and waited on the rail for hours. seems a little unfair.
    Fair enough but if it wasnt for those guys I probably would have passed out standing in the one spot for 5 hours
  • Awesome show once again! Anyone know if the BDO shows will eventually be released as bootlegs?

Still a little gutted at the EV Adelaide snub - here's hoping for a last minute announcement!
    I have a little theatre in my town that would be perfect ;)
  • narnianarnia Posts: 635
    Found a YouTube clip of Eddie on drums!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZsMJG2J8iE
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Just wanted to say that we had a fantastic group of people around us that night. We had a nice couple to left and these really funny girls in front of us. They were refusing to let any drunk pushy guys in front of them and even flinging them back with their bodies while they danced. It was hilarious! Lol!
    We did think at one stage we were going to be killed when a big drunk fella got on his mates shoulders and was wobbling all over the place. Great night!!!
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • where were you lou
    I was right of stage, maybe 2 metres back I think?
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • ok no where near where i was lol
    Haha where were you?

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • in front of the big screen on the other side

tallman72 said:

in front of the big screen on the other side

Aaah I see!
    I only had to yell at one person who couldn't keep their hands to themselves. I didn't want him continuing to do that to other girls around me so I shouted as loud as I could "Oi keep ya f-ing hands to ya self!" Seemed to get all the surrounding women's attention. Lol!

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Ok so hopefully this works[-O<

This is (or should be!) World Wide Suicide from Adelaide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoTyqxwZM-Y
    2003: Melb x3, Perth
    2006: Bris x2, Melb x3, Perth
    2009: Perth, Adel, Melb, Syd
    2011: EV Bris x2, Syd x2, Melb x2, Perth x2
    2013: Seattle
    2014: BDO Syd, Adel
    2014: EV Melb
  • Loulou said:

tallman72 said:

in front of the big screen on the other side

Aaah I see!
    I only had to yell at one person who couldn't keep their hands to themselves. I didn't want him continuing to do that to other girls around me so I shouted as loud as I could "Oi keep ya f-ing hands to ya self!" Seemed to get all the surrounding women's attention. Lol!
    Wtf do u mean some blokes going the grope seriously

Yeah, he tried to do the 'oh I'm just steadying myself on you as I'm passing you' technique but I'm sure he could have used my shoulder!

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • this 'new' forum is scaring me... hope this works..

my first BDO, not disappointed ! a great energy from all in such hot conditions.

arghhhhh it's ok. that kinda makes up for skipping Adelaide on the solo tour Ed (just make sure my 10c tix in Brisbane are ok ;;))

how funny was Ed carrying Mike. bet he was sore next day...!
    wah
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    how does the poster look in person?
  • jw255902jw255902 Posts: 9
    So seen the boys half a dozen times but from my spot in front of mike on the rail the energy was nuts, an even though it was a festival set list the versions of daughter, even flow, porch etc etc were beyond fantastic.. I know I had a blast as did the people around me :)