Options

Eddie Vedder - Australian Solo Tour - Shows ADDED

Comments

• Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,698
    Ed was probably struggling with lyrics because idiots yelling out stuff was distracting him and making lose his train of thought. ffs show some respect people!
  • Options
    Has there been any word as to where the 10C tix have been located for the shows so far? Are they similar to the last tour?

I'm interested to see what I'm in for in Melbourne.
    2003: Melb x3, Perth
    2006: Bris x2, Melb x3, Perth
    2009: Perth, Adel, Melb, Syd
    2011: EV Bris x2, Syd x2, Melb x2, Perth x2
    2013: Seattle
    2014: BDO Syd, Adel
    2014: EV Melb
  • Options
    My 10C tix on Friday were 5 rows back, a bit to the left of stage, was very happy with them.
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    edited February 2014
    I flew back to Sydney this afternoon and was on the same flight as Glen Hansard :). A couple of minutes after leaving the plane I did a bit of a double-take when I saw Glen standing there in the airport, obviously waiting for someone. After Glen met up with the guy he was waiting for, I walked towards the baggage carousel right near them. They were chatting away so I didn't want to interrupt, but when we were waiting to collect our bags, the guy who was with Glen stepped away and went to the carousel. I said hi to Glen and introduced myself, and said I had seen the shows in Perth and told him how much I enjoyed them. I mentioned that I'd be seeing the shows in Sydney & Brisbane too and he said he hoped there wouldn't be too many repeats. So I had a quick chat with him, then when the other guy brought the luggage back to Glen, as they were walking away, Glen said "it was nice to meet you, Emma".

That made my night :D , great way to end my trip to Perth.

During my flight home when I was listening to my iPod, I thought to myself that I should buy some of Glen's music. Pretty funny that he was on the plane, unbeknownst to me!
    Post edited by -Emma- on
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Soul3volvingSoul3volving Posts: 23
    edited February 2014
    any chance of someone going to the other shows picking up an ED VED grey tshirt for me, size M im guessing, sold out in Perth before I could get my hands on it,
    Post edited by Soul3volving on
    6/3/95 Perth
    7/3/98 Adelaide
    19/3/98 Perth
    20/3/98 Perth
    23/2/03 Perth Met band - E.V, Mike, Stone, Jeff
    25/11/06 Perth "On Beach with Band" Phwarghhh
    14/11/09 Perth
    31/3/11 Perth E.V Show
    1/4/11 Perth E.V Show
    7/2/14 Perth E.V Show
    8/2/14 Perth E.V Show
  • Options
    Soul3volvingSoul3volving Posts: 23
    edited February 2014
    i thoroughly enjoyed both Perth Shows immensely, the crowd on the second night was real rowdy & having ten club tickets on the first night i had public sale tickets on the second,
    i wish the audience could also be told that persistant talking with the person next to you & throughout the show is not permitted, its more distracting than someone playing with their phone
    The people infront of me were constantly talking throughout the songs, i was close to kicking their chairs in union with Eds kick pedal beats, really bit hard on my tongue with what i felt like saying to them, They were clearly not big pearl jam fans, talking through Porch & other priceless moments * shakes head*

true fan only shows would be incredible

but other than that overwhelmed with thankfulness & gratitude for two completely amazing unforgettable nights, no words to truely express how amazing they were

would be really ace if i could get my hands on that tshirt i missed out on :-)
    Post edited by Soul3volving on
    6/3/95 Perth
    7/3/98 Adelaide
    19/3/98 Perth
    20/3/98 Perth
    14/11/09 Perth
    31/3/11 Perth E.V Show
    1/4/11 Perth E.V Show
    7/2/14 Perth E.V Show
    8/2/14 Perth E.V Show
  • Options
    to answer Radio Songs question - Im interested to see what im in for in Melbourne"

i was 5 rows from the front also with ten club, row E i had amazing view, it was perfect, in 2011 i had front row and second row seats, they are mixing it up with the public randomly this time around

6/3/95 Perth
    7/3/98 Adelaide
    19/3/98 Perth
    20/3/98 Perth
    14/11/09 Perth
    31/3/11 Perth E.V Show
    1/4/11 Perth E.V Show
    7/2/14 Perth E.V Show
    8/2/14 Perth E.V Show
  • Options
    Trying to win front row tickets, if anyone has time could you pleaaase like and share this photo for me, THANKYOU https://facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202527036990671&set=o.187206456951&type=1&theater
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    Just Mike said:

My 10C tix on Friday were 5 rows back, a bit to the left of stage, was very happy with them.

to answer Radio Songs question - Im interested to see what im in for in Melbourne"

i was 5 rows from the front also with ten club, row E i had amazing view, it was perfect, in 2011 i had front row and second row seats, they are mixing it up with the public randomly this time around

Thanks Just Mike and Soul3volving. In 2011 I had some 10c tix in the stalls and some in the balcony, all were good seats in the small theaters, but it's always good to be close :-)

Cheers.

2003: Melb x3, Perth
    2006: Bris x2, Melb x3, Perth
    2009: Perth, Adel, Melb, Syd
    2011: EV Bris x2, Syd x2, Melb x2, Perth x2
    2013: Seattle
    2014: BDO Syd, Adel
    2014: EV Melb
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    Hi Guys,

I am trying to find tickets to any Brisbane EV show for my Mum and my sister.
    If anyone can help me out with spares they may have, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    Hi guys, please click on the link and LIKE my photo so I have a chance to win two front row tickets to see Eddie in Brisbane on February 22. Thanks! :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152238322481350&set=o.187206456951&type=1&permPage=1
  • Options
    CappoCappo Posts: 71
    FYI anyone entering the Chugg comp it states in the terms and conditions that "entrants must ensure their Facebook account is set to public (not private) in order to be eligible to participate."
    http://chuggentertainment.com/content/userfiles/ChuggiVedderT+Cs.jpg
    Sounds a bit off to me.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Cappo said:

FYI anyone entering the Chugg comp it states in the terms and conditions that "entrants must ensure their Facebook account is set to public (not private) in order to be eligible to participate."
    http://chuggentertainment.com/content/userfiles/ChuggiVedderT+Cs.jpg
    Sounds a bit off to me.

I would think sharing the picture to Public would be enough. It's just so that everyone can see the photos, surely?
  • Options
    In the terms & conditions it also says:
    10. By submitting or uploading a Photo, Entrants acknowledge that each Photo is an original work of the Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. Each photo must comply with these Terms of Entry, Entrants:

(a) consent to the Promoter making copies of or publishing the whole or any part of their Photo and entry and otherwise exploiting the Photo and entry and any rights in relation to the Photo and entry, to publicise this Promotion or for any other purposes; and

(b) undertake to the Promoter that their entry is not, and its use by the Promoter will not be, in breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
    E.K, I saw that your entry is a photo of the poster...not sure if that would go against the rules of the competition, because the poster was made by somebody else.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

• Options
    -Emma- said:

In the terms & conditions it also says:

10. By submitting or uploading a Photo, Entrants acknowledge that each Photo is an original work of the Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. Each photo must comply with these Terms of Entry, Entrants:

(a) consent to the Promoter making copies of or publishing the whole or any part of their Photo and entry and otherwise exploiting the Photo and entry and any rights in relation to the Photo and entry, to publicise this Promotion or for any other purposes; and

(b) undertake to the Promoter that their entry is not, and its use by the Promoter will not be, in breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
    E.K, I saw that your entry is a photo of the poster...not sure if that would go against the rules of the competition, because the poster was made by somebody else.

I take it to mean that I took the photo therefore it is an original work of mine? Very confusing. Anyway I am not expecting to win.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    -Emma- said:

dcarosin said:

I've noticed eddie vedder really stuttering on stage, like he needs to take a break or something. Perth show was crap...rather listen to him on pj radio

Ed was struggling with some of the lyrics, but the show wasn't "crap" as you put it. He was also constantly being interrupted by stupid comments and song requests throughout the show. When they give the warnings about photography at the start of the show, maybe they should tell everybody that constantly yelling moronic comments is also disrespectful and inconsiderate.

-Emma- said:

dcarosin said:

I've noticed eddie vedder really stuttering on stage, like he needs to take a break or something. Perth show was crap...rather listen to him on pj radio

I'm going to Brisbane & yeah people definitely need to show some respect. I remember in 2011 Eddie was calling them "thieves of silience" Hoping for a great fan based crowd in Brisbane for 22nd & 25th :-)
    Post edited by amanda_breakerfall_girl on
    it's an inside job today...just breathe
    Brisbane 06 (4th row...blew my mind), Brisbane 09 (stadium seating sucks), Brisbane Ed solo 2011 (2 shows...awesome!)
  • Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196
    edited February 2014
    Guessing every one is already "liked" out but I would love if you could go show my artwork some love with a "like" trying for the Melbourne tickets :D

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202485674876606&set=o.187206456951&type=1&theater
    Post edited by Emm on
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    Dan CDan C Posts: 206
    No sydney 1 thread yet... Poster was a munk one.
    Long road, Brain Damage, Sometimes, and Don't Be Shy to open the set.

Can't say too much more, someone else will have a blog about it or something.

I cant believe people left before Hard Sun!

Had never seen or heard of Glen Hansard prior to tonight. He was great, well worth checking out.
    PJ Sydney 1998-03-09, 2003-02-11, 2003-02-14, 2006-11-07, 2006-11-08, 2006-11-18, 2009-11-22, 2014-01-26
    EV Sydney 2011-03-18, 2011-03-19, 2014-02-11, 2014-02-13
  • Options
    Ed & Glen were in great form again tonight :)...loved the setlist! It was great to hear Millworker & Long Road, plus the electric version of "sleepless nights" was hilarious

I was in the 2nd row, but unfortunately there were a pair of extremely annoying morons (women is too generous of a description!) in front row right near me (they were in seats A21 & A22.) They were covered in body glitter, were obviously heavily under the influence of drugs and they talked constantly while Ed was singing and talking. They came in during Glen's set and didn't shut-up either, Glen even made a comment about them being under the influence of something. They were a horrendous pair and were very distracting!

When Ed started playing they didn't stop talking, so I had to get out of my seat to go and let security know about them. They were warned twice for talking by security. Then they were also caught using a camera and videoing songs and even after being warned, they started videoing again and had their camera taken. One of the morons was wearing a skirt that had fallen halfway down, so she danced to Porch with her skirt halfway down her ass and a g-string at the back, and everyone sitting behind was looking on in horror.

I was sitting next to a couple and the lady I was sitting next to ended up having a very heated argument with one of the morons. The lady next to me was in tears and sat down and didn't stop crying through the last songs.

The morons should have been kicked out very early in the show. It was a shame that security didn't get rid of them.

• Options
    Poor Glen and Eddie. It's a shame Ed didn't ask security to kick them out. [-(
  • Options
    Trying to win tickets to Brissys show for my 15 y?o & I if anyone can click attached link & like pic would be a happy as jammer :)

Cheers Lisa

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151922768837322&set=o.187206456951&type=1&theater
  • Options
    Hi Guys! I'm a huge fan and currently in a big competition to see Eddie FRONT ROW in Melbourne, Australia.

Can ALL you Facebook users please help me by clicking on the link below and liking my photo. It's of a good friend of mine playing Better Man on the Uke. Thanks fellow Eddie and PJ lovers

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153827342125111&set=o.187206456951&type=1&theater

• Options
    Help me win front row to Eddie Vedder next w'end in Brizvegas!!!! Like this picture most likes wins. From an old skool fan, not one of these people in glitter causing grief...
    https://facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202432488947951&set=o.187206456951&type=1&theater
  • Options
    -Emma- said:

Ed & Glen were in great form again tonight :)...loved the setlist! It was great to hear Millworker & Long Road, plus the electric version of "sleepless nights" was hilarious

I was in the 2nd row, but unfortunately there were a pair of extremely annoying morons (women is too generous of a description!) in front row right near me (they were in seats A21 & A22.) They were covered in body glitter, were obviously heavily under the influence of drugs and they talked constantly while Ed was singing and talking. They came in during Glen's set and didn't shut-up either, Glen even made a comment about them being under the influence of something. They were a horrendous pair and were very distracting!

When Ed started playing they didn't stop talking, so I had to get out of my seat to go and let security know about them. They were warned twice for talking by security. Then they were also caught using a camera and videoing songs and even after being warned, they started videoing again and had their camera taken. One of the morons was wearing a skirt that had fallen halfway down, so she danced to Porch with her skirt halfway down her ass and a g-string at the back, and everyone sitting behind was looking on in horror.

I was sitting next to a couple and the lady I was sitting next to ended up having a very heated argument with one of the morons. The lady next to me was in tears and sat down and didn't stop crying through the last songs.

The morons should have been kicked out very early in the show. It was a shame that security didn't get rid of them.

That sucks about the morons - some people have some delusional interpretations of the word fan. That is a poor effort from the security. They should have been kicked out after a warning. On the plus side,I did have a look at the setlist and it's pretty amazing.
  • Options
    I can't believe how many of yesterday's released tickets were snapped up by scalpers and are now on eBay for $600!!! ...
    I wish something could be done about them, I tried to buy another pair because the seats were really good ... but got beaten to it every single time ... its sad seeing those same seats on eBay now
  • Options
    Emm said:

I can't believe how many of yesterday's released tickets were snapped up by scalpers and are now on eBay for $600!!! ...
    I wish something could be done about them, I tried to buy another pair because the seats were really good ... but got beaten to it every single time ... its sad seeing those same seats on eBay now

Hi Emma, just wondering what tickets were released. Hadn't heard anything.
    it's an inside job today...just breathe
    Brisbane 06 (4th row...blew my mind), Brisbane 09 (stadium seating sucks), Brisbane Ed solo 2011 (2 shows...awesome!)
  • Options
    fanofedfanofed Mid North Coast Posts: 77
    Many empty seats at the opera house ,why.? Any way my 14 year old Daughter and I had great seats and Ed as usual was zFantastic" can't find a betterman!
  • Options

Emm said:

Hi Emma, just wondering what tickets were released. Hadn't heard anything.
    TM released more tickets the other day ... they are left over media tickets from what I understand.
  • Options
    TM has some seats available for tonights show right now if you go to the website
  • Options
    I went on the website and got nothing

Is it ticketmaster??