Options

Lightning Bolt Played Before Movie Started! (The Lego Movie)

PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
edited February 2014 in The Porch
Just took my son to the 12:15 showing of the the new, The Lego Movie today. Just before the start of the upcoming movie previews, the lights dimmed and all of a sudden, Lightning Bolt started to play! My son jumped up and shouted, "Lightning Bolt dad!" and was rocking out! He's five and loves the band!
So random to hear that before the movie.
I don't know if it was someone in the booth (Patriot Cinema Hanover, MA.) playing it before the previews/movie started or if it was supposed to be played, but it was awesome to hear in surround sound!
Just to clarify, the song is not in the movie. It was played (VERY LOUD) in the theater before the previews were shown.
***The movie was awesome and wicked funny too by the way!***
Post edited by PJ88 on

Comments

• Options
    courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    That's awesome! I'm about to go see it tonight!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    courtmcc said:

That's awesome! I'm about to go see it tonight!

You will love it. I was laughing so hard at some points. If you can, post if they play the song. I would like to know (just curious) if it was supposed to be played or if someone in the booth was sharing the love of Pearl Jam with everyone.

Enjoy!
    Post edited by PJ88 on
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,418
    edited February 2014
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    edited February 2014
    My son wants to see this when it comes out in Australia, but not due for release until April. Sounds like a really fun movie. I will let you know if they play Lightning Bolt in Australia, I hope they do :)
  • Options
    SLRSLR on the long road Posts: 9
    Thanks for sharing that, great stuff
    How much difference does it make...?

Bravo! Pearl Jam, Grazie per vita.
  • Options
    courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    I didn't hear it in the movie... and I thought the movie kinda sucked. I only liked the parts with Will and the kid in it.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,418
    courtmcc said:

I didn't hear it in the movie... and I thought the movie kinda sucked. I only liked the parts with Will and the kid in it.

I think people are misled by the thread title. The OP said before the previews.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

courtmcc said:

I think people are misled by the thread title. The OP said before the previews.
    I can see how it is misleading. Will change title. Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    NoWayNoWay St. Louis Posts: 347
    I saw it Saturday in St. Louis and also heard about 5-10 seconds of Lightning Bolt kind of randomly mixed in with the advertisments showing on the screen before the movie started. Did anyone not hear it??? I'm assuming it is the same everywhere. Pretty cool if someone in movie production somehow snuck it in there.
    St. Louis - 7/27/92, 4/22/03, 10/5/04, 5/4/10, 7/1/11 (EV), 10/3/14
    Chicago - 5/17/06, 8/21/08 (EV), 8/23/09, 7/19/13, 8/20/16
    Champaign - 4/23/03
    East Troy - 9/3/11, 9/4/11
    Kansas City - 5/3/10
    Las Vegas - 6/6/03
    Memphis - 6/20/09 (EV)
    Moline - 10/17/14
    Oklahoma City - 11/16/13