are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    imalive wrote:
    Yes. I am. Go Pack Go. :x

:lol:

.....how are you a cowboys fan, if you don't mind me asking? and please excuse me if we've had this conversation before.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    spoke to a guy at work who's email address is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:miamifan1@xxxxxx.com">miamifan1@xxxxxx.com</a><!-- e -->

he lives in indiana.

naturally my question is "oh, what part of miami are you from?"

he then goes on to tell me that he was born and raised in indiana but is just a huge dolphins fan.... better than being a heat fan i guess.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    spoke to a guy at work who's email address is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:miamifan1@xxxxxx.com">miamifan1@xxxxxx.com</a><!-- e -->

he lives in indiana.

he then goes on to tell me that he was born and raised in indiana but is just a huge dolphins fan.... better than being a heat fan i guess.
    Depends on how old he is. I remember going to home colts games in the 80's where 70% of the seats were filled with Fins fans.

So he may not be a fraud .... Just a traitor, charlatan, Marino loving sack of monkey balls, that's all. :geek: :P
    Jason P wrote:

he lives in indiana.

Depends on how old he is. I remember going to home colts games in the 80's where 70% of the seats were filled with Fins fans.

So he may not be a fraud .... Just a traitor, charlatan, Marino loving sack of monkey balls, that's all. :geek: :P

30 ish... :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Jason P wrote:

he lives in indiana.

geography aside, what would make this fraud? If he has always been a fan of a team , does it really matter where they live?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

geography aside, what would make this fraud? If he has always been a fan of a team , does it really matter where they live?

if he was born and raised in indiana and roots for one of their rivals, it is akin to being a citizen of this country during ww2 and rooting for the axis powers. and no, i do not consider that a stretch....not even a little bit. not one bit.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

if he was born and raised in indiana and roots for one of their rivals, it is akin to being a citizen of this country during ww2 and rooting for the axis powers. and no, i do not consider that a stretch....not even a little bit. not one bit.

ridiculous :fp:

signed,
    the sf giant, cowboy, jazz, buckeye fan

you guys who root for teams solely due to geographical proximity are fucked up ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

ridiculous :fp:

signed,
    the sf giant, cowboy, jazz, buckeye fan

you guys who root for teams solely due to geographical proximity are fucked up ;)

hitler_and_catholic_church.jpg
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I was born and raised in northwest Indiana. HATE THE WHITE SOX with a passion that rivals Yankees /red sox. I'm a cub fan, always. Almost convinced my wife to name my only son Ryne, but couldn't pull it off. BUT, I am a buffalo bills fan. I couldn't tell you why. I like buffalo in the 80's. Rolled with the 4 super bowl losses, and to this day, they are still my favorite team. That being said, I still like the bears.
    I guess between the cubs and the bills, I have to see a championship in my lifetime.

PS, I'm a bulls fan as well but stopped watching basketball completely when Jordan left.
    I guess between the cubs and the bills, I have to see a championship in my lifetime.
    taken_liamneeson2.jpg

Good Luck ...
    Jason P wrote:
    taken_liamneeson2.jpg

Good Luck ...
    That is funny. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

Just remind your star RB to remember where he left his helmet the next time the Bills make the Super Bowl. :P

Rumor is that Bon Jovi will be running the show when old man Wilson croaks .... Do you think he could lure Belicheat away?
    mickeyrat wrote:
    [

so 30ISH. Colts have been in Indy for 30 years now. Its feasible that he was a fan of the Dolphins as a legacy from his dad or other family for reasons unknown.

I call bullshit on your anaolgy with nazi germany and bullshit on this.

I myself am a fan of an out of state team in a division that has two instate rivals.I assure I am no fraud as I remained a fan throught he tailend of Chuck Noles time with the Steelers. And have been a fan of them since I became intersted in seeing my brothers fave cowboys get defeated n the first SB matchup in the 70's.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Jason P wrote:

Just remind your star RB to remember where he left his helmet the next time the Bills make the Super Bowl. :P

Rumor is that Bon Jovi will be running the show when old man Wilson croaks .... Do you think he could lure Belicheat away?
    not a snowballs chance in hell!

and Thurmon Thomas, well, I can't blame him for the cowboys scoring 52. But the fumbles...horrible memories.
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

so 30ISH. Colts have been in Indy for 30 years now. Its feasible that he was a fan of the Dolphins as a legacy from his dad or other family for reasons unknown.

I myself am a fan of an out of state team in a division that has two instate rivals.I assure I am no fraud as I remained a fan throught he tailend of Chuck Noles time with the Steelers. And have been a fan of them since I became intersted in seeing my brothers fave cowboys get defeated n the first SB matchup in the 70's.

i'm obviously kidding, slightly, with the ww2 reference....and you have a point regarding the colts only being in indy for 30 years. i hadn't though about that.

but you're from ohio right? are you closer to pittsburgh than cinci or cleveland? are you in pittsburgh's tv market? you may be granted a pass here mick....

your brothers on the other hand... :fp: :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mickeyrat wrote:

i'm obviously kidding, slightly, with the ww2 reference....and you have a point regarding the colts only being in indy for 30 years. i hadn't though about that.

but you're from ohio right? are you closer to pittsburgh than cinci or cleveland? are you in pittsburgh's tv market? you may be granted a pass here mick....

your brothers on the other hand... :fp: :lol:
    Columbus. Cincy at roughly 120 to the stadium is closer by about 20 miles to cleveland at roughly 140 or so with Pitt clocking in at 170-180 on the odometer.

Nope Cincy claims best Tv coverage for games here followed by the Browns. If Steelers are playing those teams or there are other implications , like the Playoffs or a night game with other more marketable teams like the recent GB game , otherwise we dont get shit on broadcast or cable tv. Been at work or asleep the last several years on sundays anyway t get to catch them when they ARE on here.

Another reason is colors. As a kid playing baseball I was always on the Pirates in little league. Black and gold!!! Into YMCA soccer on the Stingers Yellow Jerseys with Black lettering. Becoming an early fan of MLS with the Columbus Crew, Black and Gold!!!! What are my favorite colors? :mrgreen::lol:

As far as TV goes, in my market I guess the better story today is the Bengals/Ravens. Instead of outside shot Steelers/Browns

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    hey juggler-

what's your stance on "backup teams"? :shock: :lol:

IMG_0310_zps5d4d91b1.jpg

yes, that's my house
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    hey juggler-

what's your stance on "backup teams"? :shock: :lol:

IMG_0310_zps5d4d91b1.jpg

yes, that's my house

firstly, you've got yourself a cool looking house there.

secondly....i think you know the answer to this question. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2014
    well....it's "jersey day' at my company again. they do this every year before the super bowl and other big eagles game. i despise this day on many levels:

1- jerseys should only be worn on game days.
    2- if your jersey is tucked in, you look like a giant douche.
    3- if you have your own name on the back of your jersey, your douche factor doubles.
    4-if you're from this area and wearing a cowboys jersey, tucked in, with your last name on the back...on "jersey day," you deserve to lose your job....along with getting multiple swift kicks to the nuts.
    chinese-happy.jpg

well....it's "jersey day' at my company again. they do this every year before the super bowl and other big eagles game. i despise this day on many levels:

3- if you have your own name on the back of your jersey, your douche factor doubles.
    4-if you're from this area and wearing a cowboys jersey, tucked in, with your last name on the back...on "jersey day," you deserve to lose your job....along with getting multiple swift kicks to the nuts.

Colts fans lead the league in fans with jerseys tucked into their blue jeans. It's quite astounding to see on game day.

But I credit it to that the fan support is state wide so there are lots of rural farmers that make up the season ticket base.

Even so, they still look like a giant douche, yet they are completely unaware.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710

:))
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

the logo is kinda cool though
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    irony is awesome:

http://deadspin.com/tony-romo-and-jason-garrett-are-duke-fans-of-course-th-1539622921

Tony Romo And Jason Garrett Are Duke Fans. Of Course They Are.

Cowboys? Check. Duke? Check. This means they probably have Yankees and Lakers gear laying around the house, too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Here you go

Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Do I sense some fraudulence with some Syracuse fans?

Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    can i get a ruling on these people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b9rOji_PWY
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

I find that hilarious but why would they be frauds?
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560

Exactly. Nothing fraudulent about this.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 said:

Exactly. Nothing fraudulent about this.
    i guess not. my bad.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Nope, Detroit fan all the way, unfortunately. Tigers, Lions, Redwings, and Pistons. Always will be. Love Bob Seger too!!!!!