I don't like this new message board

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Idris said:

I just tried the forums on my desktop, about 5% of the forums is cut off on the left side of the screen, anyone else have that issue?

Yes. I'm running Explorer.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    chadwick said:

there are several paranormal threads on this site. if you dial in paranormal you get a big fat fuck you zero. unbelievable

You forgot to say the magic word and click your heels together three times before hitting the search button. It's a common rookie mistake so no worries.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Jason P said:

chadwick said:

there are several paranormal threads on this site. if you dial in paranormal you get a big fat fuck you zero. unbelievable

You forgot to say the magic word and click your heels together three times before hitting the search button. It's a common rookie mistake so no worries.
    don't forget about the ruby red slippers...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    This place has been boring for some time.
    This is beyond boring!

I-)
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I still hate the new layout. I spend about 5 minutes on this site a day now as opposed to the couple hours. I'm very angry with the 10 club for forcing this unnecessary change on a site that I fully enjoyed before. I used to look forward to reading about and debating everything from the music we all love (and hate) to politics to what was the last song you heard before you went to bed. Now, I dread hitting the pearl jam bookmark on my phone because this new layout is HORRIFIC!

I will not cancel my subscription, I simply won't be in the boards as much. That may make some of you happy, but it saddens me.
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i don't care about the board, i just don't think i like pearl jam anymore. =((
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Jason P said:

Do you think someone's nephew made a convincing sell that he was an expert web designer?

seems that way

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

i don't care about the board, i just don't think i like pearl jam anymore. =((

Are you serious?

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Much Needed? Can you say BULSHIT?!?!?!?!

We recently made some much-needed changes to our forums. Because of the high volume of traffic and activity caused by our active and growing fan-base, we switched our forums platform to a hosted solution that offers substantially more options and the ability to handle more traffic.

We're aware that there will be some growing pains for the users and we will be monitoring the boards for suggestions.

The moderators have created a dynamic post that covers tips and features associated with the new forums.

Go forth and POST!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    i hear ya mickey!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I rarely log on anymore, only log in to respond to PM's.
    I cannot read this board anymore, it is very hard with supersized signatures to read, gets confusing.
    Poor form 10c, we all paid to be here because we liked it how it was, now you've changed it for the worse.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

I cannot read this board anymore, it is very hard with supersized signatures to read, gets confusing.
    Poor form 10c, we all paid to be here because we liked it how it was, now you've changed it for the worse.

Have you applied the script that fixes the viewing issues? There is a thread on the Porch. Very effective. Now all we need is for the search function to work and it will be all good for anyone who downloads the fix.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Have you applied the script that fixes the viewing issues? There is a thread on the Porch. Very effective. Now all we need is for the search function to work and it will be all good for anyone who downloads the fix.
    Really? Did not know about this.
    If you know the thread, could you please link me?
    Thanks.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

PJ_Soul said:

Really? Did not know about this.
    If you know the thread, could you please link me?
    Thanks.
    Here you go. :)
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228722/enough-of-this-malarky-forum-fix-for-firefox-chrome/p1
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Thanks.
    That only changes the colour from white to black?
    I read that 10c are working on fixing this board?
    edited January 2014

Thanks.
    That only changes the colour from white to black?
    I read that 10c are working on fixing this board?

No, it does a lot more than change the colour (and btw, the "white" option isn't really white. It's grey and very easy on the eyes - I personally like it more than black, but you decide. :) ) And yeah, 10C is supposedly working on some changes, very very slowly, but if they haven't changed the colouring yet, I don't think they ever will.
    I just installed it and wow, this is so much better!
    Thank you! :)

I just installed it and wow, this is so much better!
    Thank you! :)

:-bd Awesome, right?? Don't thank me, thank the guy who wrote the script, Mike D88 I think it is. :)
    Yep, easier to read as well.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Definitely used to it now @-)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I downloaded the "white" and the "Legacy" scripts and both have definite advantages but neither one includes the "Participated" option which I liked so now I'm at an impasse here again.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

atleast we have that Mike guy trying his best for the rest of us
    edited January 2014
    brianlux said:

I downloaded the "white" and the "Legacy" scripts and both have definite advantages but neither one includes the "Participated" option which I liked so now I'm at an impasse here again.

Brian, Leeze figured out how to get that. Just bookmark this page: http://community.pearljam.com/discussions/participated
    And then just go to it when you need it while you're logged in using the new script. Works just as well as having the button on the page. :)
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Brian, Leeze figured out how to get that. Just bookmark this page: http://community.pearljam.com/discussions/participated
    And then just go to it when you need it while you're logged in using the new script. Works just as well as having the button on the page. :)
    And if you are in the black theme, go to "mark all viewed" to see the thread titles, since they are all black on black.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    This reminds me of living in a very small town many years ago trying to listen to the last game of the world series, hovering over the radio and trying to tweak the dials to get reception. A lot of bother. But hey, enough grumbling. I truly do a ppreciate the efforts Mike, PJ_Soul, Leezestarr313 and others have made to make improvements here. I hope 10C is doing the same.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    I'm used to it now and I like the look of it much better than the old forums.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    Yeah, with the fixes from MikeD88, it is a new and more pleasant experience. Somehow though, the whole vibe on here is different. Makes me sad. Will we ever find our forum vibe again?
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    edited January 2014

Yeah, with the fixes from MikeD88, it is a new and more pleasant experience. Somehow though, the whole vibe on here is different. Makes me sad. Will we ever find our forum vibe again?

No, but I don't think necessary that is a bad thing.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    had this thought today from our friends in SG....

This place has a special king of falling apart
    Like they put whole thing together in the dark.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    mickeyrat said:

Much Needed? Can you say BULSHIT?!?!?!?!

We recently made some much-needed changes to our forums. Because of the high volume of traffic and activity caused by our active and growing fan-base, we switched our forums platform to a hosted solution that offers substantially more options and the ability to handle more traffic.

We're aware that there will be some growing pains for the users and we will be monitoring the boards for suggestions.

The moderators have created a dynamic post that covers tips and features associated with the new forums.

Go forth and POST!

Interestingly enough, once the changes were made, the high volume of traffic and activity was dramatically reduced because of the changes.
    ELITIST FUK