*New update from Nugs*

Comments

• JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,405
    Nugs service and product really hasn't been that bad...so they took a break around Christmas. Good for them...a lot more companies should do that to spend some time with their families...lol.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • I've waited to order my Philly boots on CD because of them being slow on shipping etc, and now this? If I order them, when will I get them? Stockholm and Denmark in 2012 I order at once and got fast. Now I'm even scared ordering... haha.

Someone send me the mp3's to listen to till Nugz get stuff up and running so I can get my CD's. haha.

Guess, after that MLK day they will start up again?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JV130312 said:

Nugs service and product really hasn't been that bad...so they took a break around Christmas. Good for them...a lot more companies should do that to spend some time with their families...lol.

I think I can safely speak for all Pearl Jam fans that we would all be pissed if our company gave us two paid weeks off over the holidays. I think we would all demand to go into work instead.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    So I guess I'm waiting for 12 more months for the whole box set I ordered? Wonder if I'll see them in Seattle on the next tour before I get the 2013 bootleg?.?
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Shit, I didn't even get off for MLK day.
    "Only curfews can keep us down"
  • Wow kinda glad I haven't ordered any of my shows yet. I believe in supporting the band and all but after reading this thread bit torrent is looking better and better lol
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Do people really think the email from the OP was real?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    edited January 2014
    on2legs said:

No. Nugs doesn't bother to send notification in advance.

• djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    jamburger said:

on2legs said:

No. Nugs doesn't bother to send notification in advance.

Definitely not real.

We all know Nugs won't be open on the 27th either ;-)
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,405

JV130312 said:

I think I can safely speak for all Pearl Jam fans that we would all be pissed if our company gave us two paid weeks off over the holidays. I think we would all demand to go into work instead.
    lol...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Why did PJ quit using the previous company for the boots?! Nugs is a complete joke. Forget to list songs on boot packaging, ridiculous shipping delays, and now i hear there is space between songs on the Hartford boots. PJ MGT: Are you reading all these customer complaints on the forum about Nugs??? $ 16.98 and $ 17.98 for a boot is crazy to begin with...Then shipping delays....Then quality issues....And the yearly membership we pay for the privelege of dealing with this mess, which is NUGS ?!..
    Seattle 2000, Las Vegas 2003, Portland 2009, Seattle(EV) 2011, Portland 2013
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989

Why did PJ quit using the previous company for the boots?! Nugs is a complete joke. Forget to list songs on boot packaging, ridiculous shipping delays, and now i hear there is space between songs on the Hartford boots. PJ MGT: Are you reading all these customer complaints on the forum about Nugs??? $ 16.98 and $ 17.98 for a boot is crazy to begin with...Then shipping delays....Then quality issues....And the yearly membership we pay for the privelege of dealing with this mess, which is NUGS ?!..

The founder, Brady Lahr, of Kufala died of cancer.
  • I got an email confirming that the order I placed just before Christmas was sent today. I had received previously an email with a link to download the bootlegs I ordered. The service is far from perfect but it ain't that bad in my opinion.
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Received a shipping email (from nugs) on Saturday... The two shows that I ordered on Dec 26 showed up today. Didn't lose my shit over waiting a bit longer.... Thank you Pearl Jam, for offering theses bootlegs, Thank you Nugs, for the speedy shipping.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• There mere fact that PJ makes each show (almost) available for us is awesome, given that that they don't need to do that. And the fact that Nugs stepped up to give free mp3 downloads in the meanwhile was a solid move - they were under no obligation to do that either. So, before complaining, just ask yourself "what would Louis say?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3dYS7PcAG4

PS - I still don't have my boots ordered 12/27...
    2003 - Santa Barbara
    2005 - Vancouver
    2006 - San Diego, Los Angeles I & II, Santa Barbara
    2008 - Mansfield II, Westwood (VH1 Honors the Who)
    2009 - Universal City III
    2013 - Los Angeles I & II
  • JF110284 said:

There mere fact that PJ makes each show (almost) available for us is awesome, given that that they don't need to do that. And the fact that Nugs stepped up to give free mp3 downloads in the meanwhile was a solid move - they were under no obligation to do that either. So, before complaining, just ask yourself "what would Louis say?"

You guys make it sound like PJ invented this. Allman Brothers and tons of other bands have pretty much every show available and have for years. Black Crowes have shows ready usually less than a week after. It's not that tough. I'm generally on the side of laying back but this is a clear service issue that needs to be addressed.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • JF110284 said:

Black Crowes have shows ready usually less than a week after. It's not that tough. I'm generally on the side of laying back but this is a clear service issue that needs to be addressed.

Hmm... And who are The Black Crowes using for their live concerts?
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited January 2014

Black Crowes have shows ready usually less than a week after. It's not that tough. I'm generally on the side of laying back but this is a clear service issue that needs to be addressed.

Hmm... And who are The Black Crowes using for their live concerts?
    Nugs. And the worst part I've noticed on them? It takes like a month for delivery. So, yes, bad example perhaps (though the issue of having the PREPARED is the on the band - the issue of getting them to you is the servicing vendor). But, while admitting my "error," the point is the issue is bigger than just the delivery time. I agree waiting a couple weeks isn't a big deal - it's really the other issues that is more frustrating. Folks should not be receiving CDs mislabeled, with gaps between songs, etc.

I'm sure the PJ orders overwhelmed them. Perhaps, like other service businesses they should have considered adjusting their vacation schedule based on the orders they received. Not trying to be a Grinch, but they fell behind b/c of a poor service structure that may have been ok with prior clients. But, then they compounded the issue by putting out shoddy quality in the name of catching up (and then took another vacation day!!! - what service team does that?). You can't have it both ways.

Ask anyone that works in the service industry - when you do a big conversion, or take on a new client, it's all hands on deck until you get the service issues ironed out. You don't shut down shop for a month then put the blame on your client. They were obviously ill prepared to take on the new client and did no level of research or preparation to make sure the transition went smoothly. That's the definition of an amateur.

But, if you noticed, I never said - get rid of Nugs. I just said - it's something that needs to be addressed. I can agree with you, the time to wait is the LEAST of the issues. But, it should all be addressed none the less.
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
  • I'm sure the PJ orders overwhelmed them. Perhaps, like other service businesses they should have considered adjusting their vacation schedule based on the orders they received. Not trying to be a Grinch, but they fell behind b/c of a poor service structure that may have been ok with prior clients. But, then they compounded the issue by putting out shoddy quality in the name of catching up (and then took another vacation day!!! - what service team does that?). You can't have it both ways.

Ask anyone that works in the service industry - when you do a big conversion, or take on a new client, it's all hands on deck until you get the service issues ironed out. You don't shut down shop for a month then put the blame on your client. They were obviously ill prepared to take on the new client and did no level of research or preparation to make sure the transition went smoothly. That's the definition of an amateur.

Without more information, we don't know what happened exactly. Keep in mind that until mid-December there was no issue with the bootlegs. I'm trying to remember for how long Nugs has been handling the Pearl Jam official bootlegs, whether or not it was already in 2012. Because that year there were no issues whatsoever with the European shows. And besides Pearl Jam they also handle the official boots for bands like Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Phish, which are also no small bands.

Granted, them being shut over the Christmas holidays was a bad move (or rather, not having any communication about it was a bad move). I don't know if the original post in this thread was a sarcastic mock-up or not, so I'm not sure Nugs really closed for another day recently.

In any case, the way they're handling the situation at the moment doesn't reflect good on them (the long delays, lack of communication and the reduced quality). Let's hope they get their stuff together soon, as I'd like the Pearl Jam official bootleg programme to continue, on CD.
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929

JF110284 said:

There mere fact that PJ makes each show (almost) available for us is awesome, given that that they don't need to do that. And the fact that Nugs stepped up to give free mp3 downloads in the meanwhile was a solid move - they were under no obligation to do that either. So, before complaining, just ask yourself "what would Louis say?"

You guys make it sound like PJ invented this. Allman Brothers and tons of other bands have pretty much every show available and have for years. Black Crowes have shows ready usually less than a week after. It's not that tough. I'm generally on the side of laying back but this is a clear service issue that needs to be addressed.
    Many bands simply SBD it. What Pearl Jam does involves professional (varying from year to year) caliber mixing prior to release. They also have those mics over the crowd to address how much crowd presence appears, which complicates matters slightly. I don't know about the Allman Brothers, but I know for Phish, they've got their settings, it's basically SBD captures the show, boom, released on livephish.com.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

JF110284 said:

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure PJ pretty much DID invent this. 2000 tour. It was pretty much unprecedented at that point in time that a band released live recordings of their entire tours.

The price is not bad for a bootleg, but considering they are CD-R it's not great. I haven't ordered any new ones but aren't they CD-R again? Kufala used to say they guaranteed their CDRs for the life of the company or something like that... well 3 years later there isn't a Kufala, correct?
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
    Kufala used Taiyo Yuden discs. They are the best in the world. They will last. Kufala is no longer in business because their founder died.
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    CopperTom said:

Kufala used Taiyo Yuden discs. They are the best in the world. They will last. Kufala is no longer in business because their founder died.

Aware of that. Just saying that a guarantee of decades doesn't do a lot of good because they are no longer a business. I have heard their discs are almost as good as real pressed CDs but they're still not pressed CDs... right? Or are they somehow as good or better?

ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!

CopperTom said:

Aware of that. Just saying that a guarantee of decades doesn't do a lot of good because they are no longer a business. I have heard their discs are almost as good as real pressed CDs but they're still not pressed CDs... right? Or are they somehow as good or better?

Excellent question. There are arguments for and against each method. I, personally, favor pressed CDs. For the most part, evidence is inconclusive.

This is sometimes referred to duplication vs. Replication argument if you'd like to research for yourself.

• JF110284 said:

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure PJ pretty much DID invent this. 2000 tour. It was pretty much unprecedented at that point in time that a band released live recordings of their entire tours.

The price is not bad for a bootleg, but considering they are CD-R it's not great. I haven't ordered any new ones but aren't they CD-R again? Kufala used to say they guaranteed their CDRs for the life of the company or something like that... well 3 years later there isn't a Kufala, correct?
    I think they were first to put them all out commercially, but whatever. I meant the broader bootleg issue.

And, I don't recall anybody saying anything about the price (mainly b/c you're right - vs. other bands they are on the low end).

You seem to be directing arguments where there was no argument.

The issue is they are late for reasons WITHIN their controls (again, not really concerned about a few extra weeks wait myself. It's just the facts) and then in an effort to catch up they are putting out shoddy quality, that again is THEIR control (as proven by the fact that some folks get ok versions of certain shows while others get bad ones). And lastly, it appears the band has delayed releasing other boots b/c of their mess up (don't know this for sure, but seems weird the regular schedule all of a sudden got shelved. Maybe, it was just a contributing factor and not the only factor. But, regardless - it shouldn't be a factor at all).
  • GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    edited January 2014
    quick question from reading this thread...does the packaging not include the setlist? and are there gaps between tracks?????
  • Goatboy said:

quick question from reading this thread...does the packaging not include the setlist? and are there gaps between tracks?????

It's supposed to have the set list and it's not supposed to have gaps.

In general, that's the way they've been coming, but folks have experienced both issues.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Goatboy said:

It's supposed to have the set list and it's not supposed to have gaps.

In general, that's the way they've been coming, but folks have experienced both issues.
    To be even more clear, it has only happened on a some of the Hartford CD's. The 2nd & 3rd discs had gaps and the tracklisting on the paper casing was missing "GO". I have not read or heard of it happening on any others.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Gaps have appeared on some Philly shows too.
  • nugs sent a email today saying hopefully really soon downloads will be posted....take that for what you want