Clash of Clans

Does anyone play this? I just downloaded it and really have no idea what I'm doing.
Anyone in a clan that I can join? :)

Comments

• jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    I just got it as well. Just trying to build up things right now. It said I was attacked and lost. Don't know what I am doing either!

:-S You can join me and my clan, the blind leading the blind! :))
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    jlaustin said:

I just got it as well. Just trying to build up things right now. It said I was attacked and lost. Don't know what I am doing either!

:-S You can join me and my clan, the blind leading the blind! :))

I like it! We can fail together! Hahahahaha

My name is "mca47".
    My name through gamecenter is a2blue.

What does it mean if we are in a clan together? I just learned that I was attacked last night, but somehow I won! Sent friend request through gamecenter.
    2015 Central Park

Yeah, I just got the request and it looks like we are friends in the game now. How did you get so many trophies? I'm not sure how to get A trophy let alone 20 of them! hahahaha!
    Not sure how the clan thing works out. Maybe we are still too low of level to join a clan. Hell, I don't know. hahaha
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    My 11 year old son can't stop playing this. We make him stop but he really doesn't like it when we do. I hate it because of that.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    mca47 said:

Yeah, I just got the request and it looks like we are friends in the game now. How did you get so many trophies? I'm not sure how to get A trophy let alone 20 of them! hahahaha!
    Not sure how the clan thing works out. Maybe we are still too low of level to join a clan. Hell, I don't know. hahaha

I don't know! Just like I don't know how I won an attack while I was sleeping! I think you get trophy for building up things. I've added elixir containers and gold storage, because you need that stuff to build up other things. I have Level 3 town hall, because you need to be at certain levels to get more gold/elixir. Round and round... I just started playing without knowing what I am doing. I usually just collect gold or try to build something, then return to the PJ forum/discussion or whatever it is called now! I attacked a couple of times, but don't know what I was doing. I am not a good chief. Just printed some tips during my lunch break that I will read when I get home.
    2015 Central Park

JK_Livin said:

My 11 year old son can't stop playing this. We make him stop but he really doesn't like it when we do. I hate it because of that.

Don't hate the game...hate the child. image
    jlaustin said:

mca47 said:

I don't know! Just like I don't know how I won an attack while I was sleeping! I think you get trophy for building up things. I've added elixir containers and gold storage, because you need that stuff to build up other things. I have Level 3 town hall, because you need to be at certain levels to get more gold/elixir. Round and round... I just started playing without knowing what I am doing. I usually just collect gold or try to build something, then return to the PJ forum/discussion or whatever it is called now! I attacked a couple of times, but don't know what I was doing. I am not a good chief. Just printed some tips during my lunch break that I will read when I get home.
    I think other players and goblins can attack you if your shield is down....i think. And if you attack another player, it removes your shield....i think.
    Like you, I'm just gonna collect enough gold, and elixer to build stuff and go from there. hahahaha
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    been playing for 2 weeks, this game is a great time waster.

your on the right track, attacking removes your shield. Build up your defenses, upgrade cannons and put a solid wall around your area. trophies come from successful attacks/defends and you lose them when you lose a battle (either attacking or defending). also, don't spend your green gems, save them to get another builder (500 gems, i'm almost there in my game).

as for clans and stuff, I have no idea what that is all about
    Week....send me an invite.
    "mca47"
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    everyone at my office plays this & it's all they talk about.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    how do you send invites? haven't figured that out yet
    Not really sure how to add. Maybe thru game center or in-game? No idea.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I played it for about 9 months before I had my "what the hell am I doing?" moment. It's addictive but once you get to clan level 70+, it just takes too long to build stuff. I think that is when people who can't stop playing start paying. Beware.
    Had my village attacked for the first time by some guy. Destroyed him. Hit the revenge button after his shield went down and destroyed him again. ha! He must have been in a clan or something because the next time I turned it on, I had like 10 people who attacked me. Beat them all but one. That bastard! Oh....he will pay! haha
  • themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    I've had this since April or something. It's my go to for quick mindless entertainment when I need to zone out. I'm like level 90 or something now. It's still kind of fun but it does take forever to build upgrades. It's more fun when you have a good group in your clan. My brothers, sis in law, gf, and like 10 buddies are all in the same clan so it makes it fun.
    We should start a PJ Message Board clan!
    Anyone wanna create one? I'm too low of level still....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mfc2006 said:

everyone at my office plays this & it's all they talk about.

I'm officially sick of hearing about this damn game.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mca47 said:

Had my village attacked for the first time by some guy. Destroyed him. Hit the revenge button after his shield went down and destroyed him again. ha! He must have been in a clan or something because the next time I turned it on, I had like 10 people who attacked me. Beat them all but one. That bastard! Oh....he will pay! haha

Congrats! I'm still trying to build stuff up. Haven't been attacked or attacked anyone else... I don't know what I'm doing! Maybe I'll just have a pacifist clan!
    :))
    2015 Central Park

I haven't really done anything and I now have 400+ trophies! Sweet!
    400 trophies - damn! I guess I need to go out and attack someone, but I'm just trying to make camp look nice! :))

I've been trying all week just to get the fence completed all the way around!
    2015 Central Park

jlaustin said:

400 trophies - damn! I guess I need to go out and attack someone, but I'm just trying to make camp look nice! :))

I've been trying all week just to get the fence completed all the way around!

Yeah, I've been check up on ya. Nice camp!
    I've only attacked 2 people so far but have been attacked probably 15-20 times. My camp must be pretty solid as I win around 80% of the time.
    Hahahahaha....I get really mad when I lose! Ha
    edited January 2014
    How do I see your camp? I think I did it one time, but can't remember how...

Never mind - I figured it out. Your camp looks really fortified. I've got some work to do!
    Post edited by jlaustin on
    2015 Central Park

jlaustin said:

How do I see your camp? I think I did it one time, but can't remember how...

Right side of screen is the friends button. Tap that then my name and you can see my profile or visit my camp.

Check out chuck Norris clan. Use capital letters. Lots of them if not. I'm riot act

I just built my clan castle. Can't seem to find you....
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    This reminds me a little of Age of Empires. I just wish you could control individual units.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

This reminds me a little of Age of Empires. I just wish you could control individual units.

Yeah, it's frustrating when you want a group to attack somewhere and they wander off and attack a gold mine when you're getting blasted by a cannon.
    Or the wall bombers. I've gotten through the outer wall, need to get through the next wall....and they blow a bigger hole in the first one. imageimage
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    mca47 said:

Yeah, it's frustrating when you want a group to attack somewhere and they wander off and attack a gold mine when you're getting blasted by a cannon.
    Or the wall bombers. I've gotten through the outer wall, need to get through the next wall....and they blow a bigger hole in the first one. imageimage
    :) 8-X too funny. :))
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)