Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,889
    I use to really enjoy coming on here and reading what was going on with everyone, it use to be a good time. From the rants and raves over a drink, the poetry, other music shared, or just shooting the shit with strangers who love PJ. I understand change, but this change still confuses me… Feels like 10c disconnected us all…. Still a fan, will always love PJ, but this place has turned fucking strange… Why break what does't need to be broken?
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    vaggar99 said:

I think the layout suffers from looking too much like a lot of the other stuff that annoys us about the internet. Facebook, Twitter, basically all the social networking BS. I'm sorting of getting it. The old PJ forum had a sense of 'home'. I think we might get that over time. Right now we are in a new home with no furniture and bare walls.

THIS!!

Great way to articulate!!

It's all going to be fine...Chill and let's see what we can get changed for the better.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    RatherBeRatherBe Posts: 270
    Ugh. The crappy new layout is still here, I see...
    It's a disease and they're all green, it emanates from their being...
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    From the page source:
    <meta name="description" property="og:description" itemprop="description" content="Provide an option to send an automatic response to an unsolicited person to your wall stating "please ask the intended recipient for permission to post on his/her wall"

Fuck off wall posters

you could have just made your point once?" />
    lol
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    Why does the cogswheel only appear on some of your participated discussions and not all?
    The cogswheel gives you options to delete interest in thread you may/may not have posted in.

It would be nice to have the cogswheel appear in every participated discussion.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,747
    Please!!!:
    -Boxes around posts instead of lines.
    -Cool smilies instead of Flaky Faces.
    -Easier colors for the eyes instead of shocking blue on blinding white.
    -Better isolation of signatures

Seriously, with a few basic lessons even a computer dummy like me could put together a better design. But here I am anyway. Damn you Ten Club, why do I like you so much. Arghhhhhhhhh!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    brianlux said:

Please!!!:

Seriously, with a few basic lessons even a computer dummy like me could put together a better design. But here I am anyway. Damn you Ten Club, why do I like you so much. Arghhhhhhhhh!

And
    - Better mobile App pleeeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeee.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    brianlux said:

Please!!!:

sure all this will help
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    so,that third party running the forum,has any answer why we lost our pms??
    is it hard to make inbox,outbox and sent message again?
    can we get back our friend list?
    can we get back our pms?
    is it hard to add a pm option next to a post,so contact directly a member about a specific topic,and not search the user names and confuse,public activity with private messages?
    how can we control our wall activity?
    can members get back their usernames?
    why the forum works different depence model of mobiles and browzers?
    can u make it work good to all devices and browzers?
    are u working to that direction?
    knows the time frame if that so?
    if we have any tech issues,we contact the mods here,or can we contact the company runs the forum directly?

any answer will help

Thanks

ps. .i apologize for be here at the forum alot for many year and helped create this mess with the traffic..
    i feel very responsible for that,and .I'm really Sorry about it ..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yeah its all your fault Dimitris, :)
  • Options
    rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261
    I've resorted to using my iPhone if I want to use the forum. Can't handle the layout on my laptop. I even downloaded Flux to try and make the white/blue easier on my eyes but it didn't help.

There have been dozens, if not hundreds of reasonable questions and comments and none of them have been addressed.

I'm shocked that no one has stepped up and said "calm down guys, we're working on this night and day until we fix some of the problems..."
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    rtwilli4 said:

I'm shocked that no one has stepped up and said "calm down guys, we're working on this night and day until we fix some of the problems..."

Yes Exactly

• Options
    alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    i havent read this entire thread, but one thing i used to enjoy on the old forum was having the ability to see the date, month and year when each post was submitted...not just the time when it was posted.

i know that i read somewhere that someone thought it was a good idea to have the title of the thread at the top of each persons post. i agree. i miss that too. its easy to get lost.

jake
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    alphawolf - if you go back to previous day's posts you will have the date, though not the year.
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946
    Anyone know what happens when you click 'dismiss' on a thread? Dont really want to see all the announcements under recent discussions, but dont want to get rid of them forever.
  • Options
    RoelandRoeland Posts: 177

Anyone know what happens when you click 'dismiss' on a thread? Dont really want to see all the announcements under recent discussions, but dont want to get rid of them forever.

The announcement becomes a normal topic that's only on top when a new comment is posted.

• Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946
    Roeland said:

The announcement becomes a normal topic that's only on top when a new comment is posted.

Brilliant, thanks!
  • Options
    Nothing people have shown concern for here has changed as far as I can tell. Am I missing something?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

Nothing people have shown concern for here has changed as far as I can tell. Am I missing something?

Actually, they have been. There are many things they've tweaked that are obviously based on comments made here. The thing is everyone needs to give up on the white background issue, as:

1) It's pretty standard on pretty much EVERY high traffic web site. And, I don't mean message boards. I mean news, etc.
    2) Kat already said this is it.

Honestly, this is fine. Remove the sigs and the split between posts are fine. The only place I see an issue is on the computer I have an older version of IE and everything is shifted left. But, I don't see that as their problem. Nobody can expect support for old software forever.

Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options

brianlux said:

Actually, they have been. There are many things they've tweaked that are obviously based on comments made here. The thing is everyone needs to give up on the white background issue, as:

1) It's pretty standard on pretty much EVERY high traffic web site. And, I don't mean message boards. I mean news, etc.

Honestly, this is fine. Remove the sigs and the split between posts are fine. The only place I see an issue is on the computer I have an older version of IE and everything is shifted left. But, I don't see that as their problem. Nobody can expect support for old software forever.

true,edit now is not only for 1 hour and u can add your birthday,ok,you cant find when other members have birthday,but u can check your profile so dont forget when is your birthday..good for members have alzheimer..

Nothing else fixed ..nothing from what get lost is back....

Good luck to all!!think positive!!
  • Options
    rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261
    Why do high traffic websites have white backgrounds?

Surely PJ.com is not really "high traffic" compared to news sites, etc.
  • Options

brianlux said:

true,edit now is not only for 1 hour and u can add your birthday,ok,you cant find when other members have birthday,but u can check your profile so dont forget when is your birthday..good for members have alzheimer..

Nothing else fixed ..nothing from what get lost is back....

Good luck to all!!think positive!!
    Agreed. I wasn't trying to make it sound like all has been fixed. Sorry if it came across that way. I was responding to the Nothing. The lost PMs and wall issues folks have raised still need to be addressed one way or the other. However, it's clear the cosmetics of the site are (for the most part) what they are. That has been addressed.

• Options
    rtwilli4 said:

Why do high traffic websites have white backgrounds?

Surely PJ.com is not really "high traffic" compared to news sites, etc.

In terms of quick hits, etc, it is. When you are reading an article on say msn, you click once, read for a few minutes then maybe click again. Here it's, click, read, click, read, click read. So in terms of system response, it is a relatively high volume. Maybe still not as much as an msn, but then again, you'd wait 5 seconds for msn to download their article. Would you put up with waiting each time you looked, posted, or erroneously clicked on a thread? It's all relative.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    It still is horrible and disconnects us all. Wasn't a good change and I hope 10c recognizes this.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    I dont like the change one bit
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Tolerable but blinding on my iPad but getting used to it.

Still insufferable and unvisitable on a PC.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    The background is too ...

• Options
    I am slowly adjusting, but can only stay on for short periods of time-still hurts my eyes.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Have you guys seen this topic?

community.pearljam.com/discussion/228722/enough-of-this-malarky-forum-fix-for-firefox#latest

It is a temporary fix developed by a PJ - it is big improvement. ... :)
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    It would be interesting to look at the traffic on the entire site minus these posts commenting on the new shitty layout. I'd bet anything it's down. It's just not as friendly a place as it used to be. I've seen a number of people who used to post here frequently say just that. This thing is a mess.