Options

Music on Vinyl - Pearl Jam

buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
Somebody is thinking about it, MOV just tweeted the following:

Music On Vinyl ‏@MusicOnVinyl
A beautiful ode to spinning the black circle. Music by Pearl Jam, video by Ryan Colditz. http://youtu.be/O8v09-wlFiM http://fb.me/U1LYXgGT

Maybe pressing NO CODE and or Yield?

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited January 2014
    I think I just peed a little!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    It would definitely be something.... :)
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Wow, reissues would be quite a welcome surprise as I figured they would be waiting until all LB related promotion was finished. But oh the cruel irony this would be if reissues are not forthcoming.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,934
    This would be good news indeed.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Tomorrow IS the 10th in the western hemisphere... aka, the hemisphere where news drops VERY early in the morning people!!! Don't wanna see anymore "Sevens Syndrome" around here. Tomorrow's the 10th... something might "drop" and that also means your bank accounts, and maybe a few eggs - i laugh at my own jokes.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    probably it's just a spot to promote their business...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    seems like jumping to conclusions
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    Hope it's a reissue of the Singles soundtrack. That's been rumored to re pressed on vinyl in a long, LONG time!
  • Options
    aennilaennil Posts: 415
    interesting!
    -and was that the skyline of Seattle in the middle of the vinyl at the end??
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,432
    Doesn't seem like anything to me. I have no idea who has the rights to those albums, hopefully and probably the band, so they would likely not use MOV when they have their own resources to put out the reissues themselves. Having said that, I hope they do get reissued at some point.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited January 2014
    scurtis said:

Doesn't seem like anything to me. I have no idea who has the rights to those albums, hopefully and probably the band, so they would likely not use MOV when they have their own resources to put out the reissues themselves. Having said that, I hope they do get reissued at some point.

Really? I would hope that they WOULD use MOV because MOV puts out great quality, as opposed to the company that PJ apparently likes to use! "Their resources" fucked up the last album pretty badly!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    PJ_Soul said:

scurtis said:

Really? I would hope that they WOULD use MOV because MOV puts out great quality, as opposed to the company that PJ apparently likes to use! "Their resources" fucked up the last album pretty badly!
    True story...

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    GardLivingston89GardLivingston89 Posts: 942
    edited January 2014
    I emailed MOV about 2 months ago asking for them to reissue no code, yield, binaural, riot act and self titled album. They said its very hard to do and that they would love to if they could. But they did say they would keep trying and gave a wink ;-) lol so you never know.
    Post edited by GardLivingston89 on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    I've always thought they would hold out until they were ready to release more deluxe sets. I figure out of the main reasons vs/vitalogy mega super set didn't sell well, was the the first 3 albums had alot of vinyl pressed and weren't overly hard to obtain. I would imagine if they release vinyl before releasing boxsets they'll run into the same problem.

If the goal is to eventually continue with the super deluxe days then they probably want to self release. If they've given up on the super deluxe sets, then why not let MOV do it. They do an excellent job. If they do let MOV release them, they I don't think we'll get the super deluxe sets anymore. (not enough demand for both.... it would require alot of double or triple dipping).
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,757
    nah...

Nonesuch records puts out equal quality at $30 bucks a record which is pricey in my book.

MOV is overpriced.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,934
    I'd pay it.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options

nah...

Nonesuch records puts out equal quality at $30 bucks a record which is pricey in my book.

MOV is overpriced.

I own several MOV releases that cost under $25.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,165
    MOV pressed Vs and Vitalogy in Europe when the US got Sony Legacy for the reissues.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    PJ_Soul said:

nah...

MOV is overpriced.

Not with the name Pearl Jam on them. MOV is in the business - add some $$$ to the average cost.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    I'd pay 30-50 a piece, for good reissues of No Code, Yield, Riot Act or S/T.
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668

I'd pay 30-50 a piece, for good reissues of No Code, Yield, Riot Act or S/T.

Agreed. All four for less than the current price of Riot Act and S/T....easy! I have all the studios and I'd still buy a MOV release.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    edited January 2014
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves... It took 20 years to get reissues at all. If it holds any truth, 2016 will be no code and 2026 for s/t. I hope not of course, but that's a long way off!

Sorry that seemed harsh! I just meant no code /yield is a very real possibility but I think we're a long way off from the others. Hopefully not though.
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

nah...

MOV is overpriced.

Not with the name Pearl Jam on them. MOV is in the business - add some $$$ to the average cost.
    Sure.... but MOV isn't particularly expensive in general is my point. Of course any album with high demand is going to be more expensive, whether it's MOV or anyone else (including PJ). That's how the free market works.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,432
    PJ_Soul said:

scurtis said:

Yeah for sure, I totally agree. I'm just saying that from a business perspective they might stick with their current resources for reissues.

I'm really talking out my ass though, I don't want to act like I know that business.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Don't all imports cost a little more?
  • Options
    Maybe MOV is just repressing LB.
    Pit 10/11/13
    Philly 10/22/13
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    edited January 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

I think LB was a total rush job, and that played strongly into the QC issues. The overall quality once they got things lined out was quite a bit better than any MOV release I have. Good pressings, but they cheap out on the covers and, being imports for the US, they're pretty pricey.

Using MOV would probably lessen the probability that they would be remastered which is a double edged sword. No loudness wars distortion, but also, no chance that they get a special vinyl treament.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    MOV puts out some decent stuff but MOFI will make you hear PJ like we've never heard before.
  • Options
    Wouldn't that mean coloured vinyl because everything mov seems to be that way these days
  • Options

Wouldn't that mean coloured vinyl because everything mov seems to be that way these days

No, most of my MOV stuff is on black vinyl... they do some coloured stuff, but it's far from everything.