Options

Where should I move?

13»

Comments

• Options
    pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    My sister used to live in San Diego. When I visited her, I loved San Diego so much, I didn't want to leave. I loved the weather, the palm trees, the healthy restaurants, the Zoo. I also love that it is close to La Jolla, where it was fun shopping. I really want to move there, but my DH's job keeps us here in Jersey (love NJ, too), plus I'd miss our friends and I'd feel guilty not being close to my mother and stepdad, who need me.
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    Besides Portland, Austin RULES. People are friendly, live music in the bars all time of day, Austin City Limits every year. I noticed very little chain fast food places; mostly Ma and Pa's shops.
  • Options
    MoonTurtleMoonTurtle Posts: 750
    my list includes
    san diego
    seattle
    portland
    austin
    san antonio
    new orleans
    ITALY
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I'll sell you my house.

I live about 90 minutes from the Canadian border.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    BeeeGirl wrote:
    Besides Portland, Austin RULES. People are friendly, live music in the bars all time of day, Austin City Limits every year. I noticed very little chain fast food places; mostly Ma and Pa's shops.

Austin is great. if we ever move back to TX, it'll be Austin. we just fell in love w/ the PacNW & really want a change from TX right now. Waco is only about an hour or so from Austin....and Waco sucks. so, we head there at least once every 2 weeks.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    I would definitely move somewhere cooler. Been in the South for a few years now, and I can't take the summers. They are just too hot and steamy. Hate it here in summer.

I lived in Anchorage, Alaska for several years and would like to go there, if possible - that would be my first choice. The winter does get long...but I like winter for the most part - do a lot of winter sports, etc. And as a runner, you can't beat the Anchorage summers for racing season.

I also really love Seattle, which I visited both for business and pleasure many times while in Anchorage, and were I have many friends (none are particular PJ fans...but that's okay). My career path has also put me in the software industry for the last several years...and for obvious reasons, Seattle is a good city for me, professionally.

I also really love San Francisco...but it's so expensive to live there, I doubt that is a real possibility.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    If I get the opportunity to move, it's gonna be Seattle. seems like a great place for a fresh start, and yes being a Generation xer it helped defined the muisc that shaped me. Most of the bands I listen to either came from Dallas, TX area or Seattle. Lived in Dallas for 5 years, now I want to live in Seattle if I get a chance.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    seattle is winning
  • Options
    looking to move to the same place after grad school. was born in ireland so not to concerned about the rain :lol:

italy would be amazing! although that is based entirely on the fact that pj seem to play epic shows in italia! haha
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Montreal, Canada is wicked if you're willing to leave the country. Vibrant, lots of culture, and when you're in old Montreal you feel like you're in Europe (and its a 15 minute walk if that from downtown).
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    If I decide on Toronto or Montreal -- which neighbourhood?

Toronto -- the annex, forest hill?
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    Move west.
    I left NYC a couple of years ago and moved to California. Have loved the change in landscape.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    manutd3581 wrote:
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Phoenix, AZ
    I got family in those two places, and love both of those cities, but I heard Austin, TX is really cool

God, this was weird.

I just came back from OKC last night, I'm going to Phoenix on Wednesday, and I live in Austin.

Austin is amazing. It gets my vote.
    Well, fuckers, he still stands.
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    BeeeGirl wrote:

Austin is great. if we ever move back to TX, it'll be Austin. we just fell in love w/ the PacNW & really want a change from TX right now. Waco is only about an hour or so from Austin....and Waco sucks. so, we head there at least once every 2 weeks.

I drove through Waco last night. :?

I didn't like it too much. I hope you love the Pacific NW when you leave!
    Well, fuckers, he still stands.
  • Options
    I'm thinking about it
    San Diego or..?

PJ212 wrote:
    Move west.
    I left NYC a couple of years ago and moved to California. Have loved the change in landscape.
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    MoonTurtle wrote:
    If I decide on Toronto or Montreal -- which neighbourhood?

Toronto -- the annex, forest hill?

Do you already have citizenship here?
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    I moved to Los Angeles. I am not the Los Angeles-type, but there's good vibes in different neighborhoods and it's beautiful if you look up into the surrounding mountains, off to the beach, and get out in nature, which when you live in NYC, you forget that exists. Going to the beach in the middle of January to watch a sunset is also very nice.
    MoonTurtle wrote:
    I'm thinking about it
    San Diego or..?

PJ212 wrote:
    Move west.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    I'm moving in a year and am looking at Denver. Does anyone live there or have lived there that I can PM? :D
  • Options
    Still moving?

I'm moving in a year and am looking at Denver. Does anyone live there or have lived there that I can PM? :D
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    MoonTurtle wrote:
    I'm thinking about it
    San Diego or..?

PJ212 wrote:
    Move west.
    Seattle

If you are looking at San Diego and will be renting, consider the coastline town of Leucadia. It's an old school surf town and its funky.