Options

Where should I move?

Comments

• Options
    MoonTurtleMoonTurtle Posts: 750
    Ok so where exactly in canada? Please tell me there are many early childhood jobs up there.

hmm I have to figure out moving my doggie over there.
  • Options
    37pheet37pheet Posts: 433
    canada winters' are a bit too much...
  • Options
    you are in BK right?
    MoonTurtle wrote:
    seattle and canada keep popping up

Seattle is on my list, Canada not so sure.

Seattle is on my list also and that's from spending five days there in 2009.
  • Options
    thought of that, but I prefer snow over heat
    37pheet wrote:
    canada winters' are a bit too much...
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,083
    MoonTurtle wrote:
    you are in BK right?
    MoonTurtle wrote:

Seattle is on my list also and that's from spending five days there in 2009.

Queens actually.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    37pheet37pheet Posts: 433
    i want to move out of ny for a while.... i have been lookin below nj and tn and ky. i cant stand ny anymore.
  • Options
    o

perhaps I confused you with another member

but yes Seattle is on my list, I've never been but hope to in the coming weeks :)
    MoonTurtle wrote:
    you are in BK right?

Queens actually.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    MoonTurtle wrote:
    Ok so where exactly in canada? Please tell me there are many early childhood jobs up there.

thats easy. you just need a proof of current rabies examination. We bring our dog up all the time.

I would love to live in Canada and came close to doing it about 7 years ago. At this point it is an impossibility.
  • Options
    why can't you move?
    MayDay10 wrote:
    MoonTurtle wrote:

thats easy. you just need a proof of current rabies examination. We bring our dog up all the time.

I would love to live in Canada and came close to doing it about 7 years ago. At this point it is an impossibility.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,083
    MoonTurtle wrote:
    o

perhaps I confused you with another member

but yes Seattle is on my list, I've never been but hope to in the coming weeks :)
    MoonTurtle wrote:
    you are in BK right?

Queens actually.

you'll like it. if you happen to rent a car, see if you can find some time to visit Mt. Rainier National Park.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    MoonTurtle wrote:
    I need a change, hoping to relocate by next year.

Where would you like to move and why?

The Moon!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    learning to drive this summer

public transportation it is!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    MoonTurtle wrote:
    why can't you move?
    MayDay10 wrote:
    MoonTurtle wrote:

Im pretty well anchored, and have a pretty decent situation... and I am 32. The only thing that would pull me from this would be a good job opportunity in Buffalo, where home is.

I have already moved around a bit through my 20's
  • Options
    makes sense
    MayDay10 wrote:
    MoonTurtle wrote:
    why can't you move?

Im pretty well anchored, and have a pretty decent situation... and I am 32. The only thing that would pull me from this would be a good job opportunity in Buffalo, where home is.

I have already moved around a bit through my 20's[/quote]
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    MoonTurtle wrote:

Moving the doggie up here is probably easier than actually being able to legally work here. You might be able to apply for landed immigrant status so you can work here. Coming from the USA, you likely can't claim refugee status :lol:

Best of luck with sorting it out :) I know moves can be exciting and challenging all at the same time.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    stargirl69 wrote:
    MoonTurtle wrote:

Canada keeps popping up because it is spectacular ... the world wants to be Canada,it is the most beautiful country in the world.

true this! i def want to move up to canada. couldnt believe how epic it was when i toured british columbia.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRI-A3vakVg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBqLpDZ86rM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aQkrV3ppAw
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

Agree...not fond of their beer either...they sure have some good commercials.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    lukin2006 wrote:

Agree...not fond of their beer either...they sure have some good commercials.

Also wtf actually drinks Blue?? :? :lol:
  • Options
    Cradles Broken GlassCradles Broken Glass Posts: 1,409
    edited May 2011
    I hope to eventually move to some where in the Pacific Northwest eventually. I think that is possibly the most beautiful area in the US and it seems to have a lot to offer.
    Post edited by Cradles Broken Glass on
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    If money is no object-San Francisco. That city is awesome-and its a relatively short drive to some spectacular landscape.

But housing is expensive.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,872
    wheres a place you've visited , that you're drawn to?

or where is a place that has the things you're into?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    If I ever move outside of the I-95 northeast corridor again the only places I could see myself going are chicago or san diego.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    butte, montana.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    we're moving to either Portland or Seattle in about a year. it just depends on our jobs. can't wait! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387

Agree ... fun ad's but the beer is far less than great :lol: but indeed Canada has many square miles of awesomeness :D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Move to Joliet, IL I have a nice house for sale too ;-)
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Savannah GA

I love it there. The islands, the historic down town area with all the oak trees and spanish moss hanging from them, the night life is awesome, the dining is outstanding there is tons of stuff to do in Savannah.

Plus you're and hour from Jacksonville about 2 hrs from Charleston S.C. I'm not gonna lie it does get hot in the summer but drink water and you will be ok.

Oh i almost forgot the St. Pattys day festival is awesome. I lived there in 00-02 and i went back in March and the city has changed for the better. Alot of development downtown it's a great city even if you don't move there you should visit.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    we're moving to either Portland or Seattle in about a year. it just depends on our jobs. can't wait! 8-)

I have about the same plan. I just want to be somewhere in the Portland or Seattle area. I'm toying with the idea of getting my doctorate, so it will probably depend on programs offered at which ever university. I'm thinking my move will most likely happen in a ten year time frame.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.