Options

Metallica perform in Antarctica...

kwdaleykwdaley Posts: 499
edited December 2013 in Other Music
...to contest winners, research scientists and the crew of the ship that brought them there. An environmentally-friendly gig, all the music was transmitted to headphones everyone was wearing instead of using a P.A. so has to cut down on noise pollution.

http://youtu.be/l7USiW1LQCU
Ottawa 2011
London 2013 "The Dundas Hookers on Crack" Show
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,843
    So no-one queuing all day to get the rail? Lightweights.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    that's pretty bad ass! a small intimate gig.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    Also, first band to play ALL SEVEN CONTINENTS in the same year.
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,367
    This is friggin' awesome. Went through my phases with Metallica... loved the first 4 albums, started to lose them during the Load/Reload era but respected a few jams, completely oblivious to pretty much everything after St. Anger, found myself watching live clips on YouTube... They're always treating fans, they still sound tight, still bringing the thunder... I have nothing but respect for this band.
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    adusick wrote:
    This is friggin' awesome. Went through my phases with Metallica... loved the first 4 albums, started to lose them during the Load/Reload era but respected a few jams, completely oblivious to pretty much everything after St. Anger, found myself watching live clips on YouTube... They're always treating fans, they still sound tight, still bringing the thunder... I have nothing but respect for this band.

THANK YOU i hate reading negative shit about them. if you haven't seen their 3d movie through the never, check it out. james hasn't sounded this good since the black album.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    adusick wrote:

THANK YOU i hate reading negative shit about them. if you haven't seen their 3d movie through the never, check it out. james hasn't sounded this good since the black album.
    Death Magnetic is not as horrible as you think. That's in my opinion, their best effort since the black album. Glad to see you still have respect for them. I last saw Metallica at the orion music and more festival in Detroit this June. They were only supposed to play one night, with red hot Chili peppers closing the other night, but on the day rhcp played, metallica played a surprise set under the name dehaan and played kill em all in its entirety.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    Fuck the haters, I still love them!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,367
    adusick wrote:

Death Magnetic is not as horrible as you think. That's in my opinion, their best effort since the black album. Glad to see you still have respect for them. I last saw Metallica at the orion music and more festival in Detroit this June. They were only supposed to play one night, with red hot Chili peppers closing the other night, but on the day rhcp played, metallica played a surprise set under the name dehaan and played kill em all in its entirety.

See it's hearing stuff like that - secret shows, fan club only shows, cool ideas like playin freegin Antarctica, that make me love this band. I have not yet seen Through the Never but I definitely will, and I'll have to check out Death Magnetic, I've heard similar that it's a solid album.

I seem to keep comin back to Metallica every few years, there's good reason!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    Cool. Lou Reed would have approved too. :)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    adusick wrote:
    See it's hearing stuff like that - secret shows, fan club only shows, cool ideas like playin freegin Antarctica, that make me love this band. I have not yet seen Through the Never but I definitely will, and I'll have to check out Death Magnetic, I've heard similar that it's a solid album.

I seem to keep comin back to Metallica every few years, there's good reason!
    Next year, Metallica will play South America in March and Europe in June/July and there is a twist: fans who are attending their show(s) will be able to vote for the songs they want to see Metallica play. Metallica will also play an entirely new song on the tour. There are fans who are complaining that Metallica should make a new album, tour the U.S., but in my opinion, coming from a big fan myself, I don't really care because I feel that they've accomplished everything they could. That doesn't mean I don't want to hear new music, just that I'm in no rush for them to release a new album. It's been five years since they released Death Magnetic and to be honest, it didn't feel that long. And regarding them not touring the U.S. that often, I think it's because they can play to much bigger crowds in Europe and also they like the vibe over there more than the U.S. Now back to their tour next year, I really hope that this will finally be the year Metallica will play The Frayed Ends of Sanity for the first time.
  • Options
    I really haven't payed too much attention to them in the last few years but heading about some of the stuff they do and how they treat their fans, I can only respect the hell out of them. For as much as they have accomplished to be doing that stuff is awesome. Just imagine if PJ did a secret show like they did or asked fans to vote on songs, or play an album straight through.... There would be so many 10c haters this place would explode. Stuff like that pisses me off about some 10clubbers because they would call them sellout some whatever. But I just think it's cool as shit. ;)
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    must have been amazing gig...enjoyed watching it a few times now

also...just watched thru the never on std bluray
    not too shabby!
    LIKE the film story threaded with CLASSIC METALLICA perf + show / works like LZ TSRTS
    SMILED at james in his VEHICLE ...
    ..would like to see the 3D THEATRE / IMAX?? version