Random thread about anything

Comments

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    Wow. City skiing in Detroit :shock: These guys have some balls! And skills!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M34yz47b-w#t=124
  • dang. just heard a friend i used to work with shot herself in the face last night :(
    i can never understand suicide -- i guess i should be thankful about that. just fucking sad man - like 25 years old :( .
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    dang. just heard a friend i used to work with shot herself in the face last night :(
    i can never understand suicide -- i guess i should be thankful about that. just fucking sad man - like 25 years old :( .
    Ugh, that fucking SUCKS. I cannot even imagine how bad it has to be and feel for someone to do that, and i don't want to. Sorry man.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    dang. just heard a friend i used to work with shot herself in the face last night :(
    oh man, i am so sorry to hear that.

deepest sympathies :(

when i was 12 i had a friend shoot himself. it completely altered the course of my life.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • dang. just heard a friend i used to work with shot herself in the face last night :(

when i was 12 i had a friend shoot himself. it completely altered the course of my life.
    thanks - and thanks PJSoul.
    I have thought about it a lot today. I mean I have been pretty low - but to shoot yourself in the face..... fuck. It haven't heard what the surrounding circumstances were - drugs, relationship etc. but she just seemed like a happy little hippie girl.
    Sorry about your friend too.
    It's hard enough to dodge all the accidents and natural disasters and health issues - i don't know. I wouldn't give it away.
    "no matter how cold the winter there's a spring time ahead"

Fuck sake... hang in there.
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

I have thought about it a lot today. I mean I have been pretty low - but to shoot yourself in the face..... fuck. It haven't heard what the surrounding circumstances were - drugs, relationship etc. but she just seemed like a happy little hippie girl.
    It's hard enough to dodge all the accidents and natural disasters and health issues - i don't know. I wouldn't give it away.

That really sucks dude I'm sorry.
    A friend I used to work with committed suicide 3.5 years ago. This is someone I was super close to during our employment, but with whom I'd gradually lost contact with over 2-ish years after that job (we both left around the same time.) I never got the full story behind what happened, only heard through the grapevine how he was found, how he 'went', no idea if there was a note or what led him to go that far. His family held a small private funeral in their hometown, no memorial service or anything for him here. I was devastated. I'm still devastated. I'm crying writing this. I felt like if I hadn't let our friendship drift apart or if I had made more of an effort to keep in touch maybe he would've had someone to talk to who could've prevented this from happening, and that he'd still be here. The problem with this kind of thinking is that even though it is hard on us who are left here, it's entirely possible that in death they found the peace they could not find in life. At least that's what I keep telling himself. It's incredibly unfortunate for her to have gone so young, with so much life left in her yet. But, you know, maybe she is in a better place.

This time of year is always extra difficult.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • duska3419 wrote:

A friend I used to work with committed suicide 3.5 years ago. This is someone I was super close to during our employment, but with whom I'd gradually lost contact with over 2-ish years after that job (we both left around the same time.) I never got the full story behind what happened, only heard through the grapevine how he was found, how he 'went', no idea if there was a note or what led him to go that far. His family held a small private funeral in their hometown, no memorial service or anything for him here. I was devastated. I'm still devastated. I'm crying writing this. I felt like if I hadn't let our friendship drift apart or if I had made more of an effort to keep in touch maybe he would've had someone to talk to who could've prevented this from happening, and that he'd still be here. The problem with this kind of thinking is that even though it is hard on us who are left here, it's entirely possible that in death they found the peace they could not find in life. At least that's what I keep telling himself. It's incredibly unfortunate for her to have gone so young, with so much life left in her yet. But, you know, maybe she is in a better place.

My second cousin killed himself... it's so sad and weird.
  • duska3419 wrote:

thanks again - sorry about your friend - and your cousin Will. They put out the obit today and it said something about her finding the peace she had been searching for.
    i have been thinking about this thread since yesterday.

wow, to shoot yourself in the face. that is terrible. that guarantees a closed casket so that your loved ones can not look upon you. such a sad, sad thing to happen :(

who knows what her circumstances were. chances are she had been suffering for awhile and that shooting herself in the face was her way of guaranteeing success, if you know what i mean. a lot of people are suicidal. i was at one point, and i think the thing that keeps some people from doing it is the fear that you are gonna botch it and be worse off than you were at that moment. pretty heavy shit to think about for sure. and sometimes it is the ones who appear the happiest that are the most miserable. they compensate for their misery by being over the top happy. :(

thanks for the sympathies regarding my friend. he died 26 years ago last month. i actually wrote him a letter last month. i posted it in my writing thread in the other forum. it is the second post here... viewtopic.php?f=10&t=221894&start=15

there is definitely a springtime ahead. that line gives me a lot of hope sometimes.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

duska3419 wrote:

i'm so sorry for your loss. :(

duska3419 wrote:

i am so sorry for your loss :( you are doing what i did. playing the "hypothetical" game. if only i had not let him drift away, if only i had done something he would still be here. i did that with my friend. but the fact is, we can not think that way. there is no guarantee that you could have stopped him. i understand feeling a sense of guilt about what he did. i have felt guilt about my friend bruno for 26 years. there was nothing i could have done, and more than likely there was nothing you could have done either. i hate suicide. it makes all of us who survive miserable and empty for the rest of our lives. hugs to you.

• ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Thanks. that's not a story I usually tell so i appreciate the kind words.

I think my post office has it out for me. I get an email from Amazon saying they tried to deliver but no one was home. Well I was, actually, home the whole damn day and they never attempted to deliver shit. I really wish there was some way to prevent Amazon shipping via USPS. :fp:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    duska3419 wrote:

I think my post office has it out for me. I get an email from Amazon saying they tried to deliver but no one was home. Well I was, actually, home the whole damn day and they never attempted to deliver shit. I really wish there was some way to prevent Amazon shipping via USPS. :fp:

I ordered Jonny Bails Floating and a few more books from Amazon.co.uk, 2 months ago. Still nothing. Sometimes, the world seems like a huge, difficult place to deal with. :evil: :roll: :fp:
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    fxihunN.gif
    aqo2t.jpg
    pjradio wrote:
    fxihunN.gif
    :lol::lol::lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    pjradio wrote:
    fxihunN.gif
    Now that made my day. Thanks for posting.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    Sneezing attacks :fp: The whole freaking day! Be gone, please! I have no more goo left inside of me ...

panda-sneeze-o.gif
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Sneezing attacks :fp: The whole freaking day! Be gone, please! I have no more goo left inside of me ...

panda-sneeze-o.gif

But Leeze, you, me, and everybody, even mama and sneezing baby panda.....why,...we are all just full of goo
    rollings wrote:

panda-sneeze-o.gif

But Leeze, you, me, and everybody, even mama and sneezing baby panda.....why,...we are all just full of goo

It seems to want out though! I'm fine with that, but I cannot concentrate when I'm sneezing the whole time... Stoopid tour-flu :x
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    rollings wrote:

panda-sneeze-o.gif

It seems to want out though! I'm fine with that, but I cannot concentrate when I'm sneezing the whole time... Stoopid tour-flu :x

Just be glad you weren't sick 'during' the show, that sucks balls, can't enjoy any fun whatsoever. :twisted:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

Just be glad you weren't sick 'during' the show, that sucks balls, can't enjoy any fun whatsoever. :twisted:
    Oh god, I don't even want to start to imagine going to a show like this :fp: Not even the aspirin complex is helping anymore. I just keep sneezing and coughing. My belly and chest muscles are hurting :x
    edited December 2013
    RKCNDY wrote:

Oh god, I don't even want to start to imagine going to a show like this :fp: Not even the aspirin complex is helping anymore. I just keep sneezing and coughing. My belly and chest muscles are hurting :x
    That really sucks. :( Feel better soon! .... But just for future reference, I went to the Missoula show, in the pit, with a terrible flu. I seriously thought I was going to collapse in the GA lineup - I just wanted to die. And when Mudhoney started playing, I almost thought I WAS dead and had gone to hell. But once PJ came on stage, the flu went away for three hours. :D .... And then as soon as Indifference was over I wanted to die again. :|
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

That really sucks. :( Feel better soon! .... But just for future reference, I went to the Missoula show, in the pit, with a terrible flu. I seriously thought I was going to collapse in the GA lineup - I just wanted to die. But one PJ came on stage, the flu went away for three hours. :D .... And then as soon as Indifference was over I wanted to die again. :|

The things we do... I'm happy the next shows will be in the summertime :lol: But there's things that brighten even a day like today ;):mrgreen: A certain package put a smile even on the face of my ailing, sicko hubs...
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

That really sucks. :( Feel better soon! .... But just for future reference, I went to the Missoula show, in the pit, with a terrible flu. I seriously thought I was going to collapse in the GA lineup - I just wanted to die. And when Mudhoney started playing, I almost thought I WAS dead and had gone to hell. But one PJ came on stage, the flu went away for three hours. :D .... And then as soon as Indifference was over I wanted to die again. :|

That's what happened to me! I was feeling like total shit, and when the show started, i felt better, but when the show ended, I needed to 'get out' I felt too hot and I was afraid I was going to faint. As soon as the cold air hit me, I 'hit the wall', still feeling pretty shifty, but not like I was on Friday.

*hugs* to you Leeze, get better soon!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    That really sucks. :( Feel better soon! .... But just for future reference, I went to the Missoula show, in the pit, with a terrible flu. I seriously thought I was going to collapse in the GA lineup - I just wanted to die. And when Mudhoney started playing, I almost thought I WAS dead and had gone to hell. But one PJ came on stage, the flu went away for three hours. :D .... And then as soon as Indifference was over I wanted to die again. :|

That's what happened to me! I was feeling like total shit, and when the show started, i felt better, but when the show ended, I needed to 'get out' I felt too hot and I was afraid I was going to faint. As soon as the cold air hit me, I 'hit the wall', still feeling pretty shifty, but not like I was on Friday.

*hugs* to you Leeze, get better soon!
    I had the same experience during the Philly 4 show in 2009. I woke up with achey muscles but didn't think much of it. Right before the show I started feeling like I was getting a fever and having trouble breathing. Felt fine all during the show, got home and had 104 fever and was sick with the swine flu for 2 weeks. PJ is both the sickness and the cure :think:

Hope you feel better Leeze!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    That really sucks. :( Feel better soon! .... But just for future reference, I went to the Missoula show, in the pit, with a terrible flu. I seriously thought I was going to collapse in the GA lineup - I just wanted to die. But one PJ came on stage, the flu went away for three hours. :D .... And then as soon as Indifference was over I wanted to die again. :|

The things we do... I'm happy the next shows will be in the summertime :lol: But there's things that brighten even a day like today ;):mrgreen: A certain package put a smile even on the face of my ailing, sicko hubs...
    :thumbup:
    PJ is both the sickness and the cure :think:
    True dat :thumbup:

Thank you, ladies. Let's hope it's over soon...
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    copy_zpsa714d672.jpg
    I win.
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    copy_zpsa714d672.jpg
    :lol:
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014