Seattle Crowd Was Fantastic!

thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
edited December 2013 in The Porch
I was at the show last night...and I just gotta say.....the crowd was fantastic!!! At least in the GA section. I was about maybe 5 people back from the stage, right in the middle, and everyone around me just rocked the whole show! When it came to songs like Nothingman, Black, Betterman, ect...the crowd, including myself, sang their hearts out! And during songs like Getaway, Do the Evolution, Porch, ect...everyone was jumping up and down. The band really seemed to be enjoying them selves and seemed have a lot of energy from the crowd. :mrgreen:
Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Awesome! yeah, don't really get why people think the crowd was lame. People are their to enjoy music in their own way. 8-)

On the boards I have seen no one mention Dallas and OKC as top shows. Not surprised as they don't tour here as much as I would wish they would. But I personally thought Dallas and OKC were fantastic setlist wise, they kind of complimented each other a little bit too.

I've had fun in every PJ crowd I've been in, but like I said everyone does their own thing.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Thought the crowd was very good last night. Portland had the strongest crowd of the shows I saw, but all 3 were solid...Seattle included. So stoked for you, Rico!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Thought the crowd was very good last night. Portland had the strongest crowd of the shows I saw, but all 3 were solid...Seattle included. So stoked for you, Rico!! :D

Thanks bud! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

red mos wrote:
    Awesome! yeah, don't really get why people think the crowd was lame. People are their to enjoy music in their own way. 8-)

On the boards I have seen no one mention Dallas and OKC as top shows. Not surprised as they don't tour here as much as I would wish they would. But I personally thought Dallas and OKC were fantastic setlist wise, they kind of complimented each other a little bit too.

I've had fun in every PJ crowd I've been in, but like I said everyone does their own thing.

:thumbup:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Yup, really tired of these "Seattle crowd sucks" posts…. What show you pricks at? I had a ball about three feet from the rail. Ed even said that "this is the best this room has sounded in a while". So tired of all the negativity on the board as of late. Seattle was amazing. 36 song set, and well over three hours. Longest show of the tour….. Sorry our town sucks so much :roll:
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Awesome!!glad u had fun..a little Jealousy from others about the hometown of the band is normal thing to happen!! ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    . Longest show of the tour…..

Nop..SD Was the longest....seattle must be number 3 in that list with show duration...need to check when im in my pc
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Yup, really tired of these "Seattle crowd sucks" posts…. What show you pricks at? I had a ball about three feet from the rail. Ed even said that "this is the best this room has sounded in a while". So tired of all the negativity on the board as of late. Seattle was amazing. 36 song set, and well over three hours. Longest show of the tour….. Sorry our town sucks so much :roll:

Here here, I'm quite tired of hearing it too. All the people around me were fucking fantastic. Ok, maybe there were some people standing still, but I think those were non-10 club members who snuck into 10 club seats temporarily. I loved last night's show, it was really fun.

With that being said, it'd still be nice if they played the Gorge again soon. Or maybe Safeco Field next summer?
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I was at the show last night...and I just gotta say.....the crowd was fantastic!!! At least in the GA section. I was about maybe 5 people back from the stage, right in the middle, and everyone around me just rocked the whole show! When it came to songs like Nothingman, Black, Betterman, ect...the crowd, including myself, sang their hearts out! And during songs like Getaway, Do the Evolution, Porch, ect...everyone was jumping up and down. The band really seemed to be enjoying them selves and seemed have a lot of energy from the crowd. :mrgreen:

The fact that you had a great time is all that matters :thumbup: It was my first visit to Seattle and loved it!
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    thefixer9 wrote:

So glad to hear that you had a great time! But the real question... What did mom think?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • NarcisoNarciso Posts: 194
    We were sitting behind the stage, last row. The energy back there was great even with a partial view. Upper levels were standing the entire show. I'm so sick of all these blowhards. Great show!
    Slipped on a curb in the road.
  • ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    The fact that you had a great time is all that matters

Exactly!

Glad you had an awesome time! :D
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    I was rail Stone's side and we were totally rocking out! The crowd was deafeningly loud too. All those people saying the crowd was lame must have been at a different show. :mrgreen:
  • NormanNorman Posts: 109
    Great energy from the crowd and the band. A big thanks to the Key for allowing beer inside this time around!!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    My section was rocking their asses off. Including the girl next to me who one knew songs from Ten. She was floored by how good they were.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    I agree that the crowd was energetic and engaged... I had a pretty good vantage point on most of the arena, and it looked like even the folks in the suites and uppers were rocking out on their feet. Behind the stage too. Several times, I remember specifically thinking that the crowd was whipping up the band, and vice-versa. My first PJ experience there... cheers Seattle!
  • BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy San Diego Posts: 388
    edited December 2013
    Disagree. If the crowd in your section was great, that's great. The crowd in my section was also pretty decent. But that crowd wasn't nearly as loud or energetic as some of the other crowds on the tour. Not in the top half of the shows I went to. And if you want some evidence, there were multiple times that there was hardly any response from the crowd when Eddie asked for it, and I'm sure you recall him saying that he doesn't want to be one of those singers that says, "C'mon guys". The crowd was average. The show was very good, and the crowd was simply average for a PJ show (which of course is 100x better than any other band). As for the guys in GA and on the rail, I'd expect the crowd to be great in there :)
    Post edited by BizzzyBozzzy on
  • SZ303389SZ303389 Posts: 453
    Disagree. If the crowd in your section was great, that's great. The crowd in my section was also pretty decent. But that crowd wasn't nearly as loud or energetic as some of the other crowds on the tour. Not in the top half of the shows I went to. And if you want some evidence, there were multiple times that there was hardly any response from the crowd when Eddie asked for it, and I'm sure you recall him saying that he doesn't want to be one of those singers that says, "C'mon guys". The crowd was average. The show was very good, and the crowd as simply average for a PJ show (which of course is 100x better than any other band). As for the guys in GA and on the rail, I'd expect the crowd to be great in there :)

at least one guy has it right. its true, it doesn't matter a whole lot, but its still true. i get that its hard to admit that Portland kicked more ass than the band's "hometown," but that is the reality. if you weren't at both shows then don't make the comparison, there is no doubt there was a huge difference in the reception the band, and they only got what they deserved in Portland and BC.
    ShawnZ
    Awesome!!glad u had fun..a little Jealousy from others about the hometown of the band is normal thing to happen!! ;)

not jealously for town, me speak truth, me at many shows, seattle good not crowd if when i compared to shows of other at i was. there...now maybe you'll understand :lol:
    ShawnZ
    save your hate mail :nono:
    ShawnZ
    Sure, not the best crowd ever, but I thought still a great crowd! And I still don't remember the "Come on" part.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

thefixer9 wrote:
    Sure, not the best crowd ever, but I thought still a great crowd! And I still don't remember the "Come on" part.

it was there, you'll hear it on the bootleg. it was during a time when he wanted us to repeat what he was singing (hey oh hey hey oh oh....) something like that :)
    ShawnZ
    SZ303389 wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

it was there, you'll hear it on the bootleg. it was during a time when he wanted us to repeat what he was singing (hey oh hey hey oh oh....) something like that :)

The reason we weren't singing back was because we yelled out our voices from all the other songs! I could barely song Betterman because I was singing so loud before, my voice was almost gone!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

Not sure if this has already been posted, but it pretty much sums up my take on the show and the audience:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... r-20131207
    3days wrote:
    Not sure if this has already been posted, but it pretty much sums up my take on the show and the audience:

hahaha, that guy obviously wasn't there. yes PJ was great, but the crowd was hardly "earthshaking," really...earthshaking? and ed wasn't pissed macklemore "sold out three consecutive nights." it was a "fuck you" in jest after mccready held up three fingers after ed referred to the two shows macklemore was playing and raising money for the orion charity. jeez, maybe you weren't there either, or in the 300 section :lol:
    ShawnZ
    SZ303389 wrote:

hahaha, that guy obviously wasn't there. yes PJ was great, but the crowd was hardly "earthshaking," really...earthshaking?

Obviously... because as we all know, Rolling Stone writers are complete and total strangers to PJ gigs. I mean, they've only had in-magazine reviews for the last 5 PJ shows I've attended.

Rolling Stone's lack of experience with music, rock'n'roll shows, and crowds in general, also makes it easy to surmise that "the guy obviously wasn't there".
    SZ303389 wrote:
    and ed wasn't pissed macklemore "sold out three consecutive nights." it was a "fuck you" in jest after mccready held up three fingers after ed referred to the two shows macklemore was playing and raising money for the orion charity.

Which is why the writer utilized the phrase "take a playful jab" and the word "jokingly". And why the writer never specified who the f-u was actually shouted at. Along with the f-u, Ed did say a few f-him's... which also appeared to be a "playful jab", "jokingly" directed at Macklemore.
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    edited December 2013
    SZ303389 wrote:
    3days wrote:

hahaha, that guy obviously wasn't there. yes PJ was great, but the crowd was hardly "earthshaking," really...earthshaking? and ed wasn't pissed macklemore "sold out three consecutive nights." it was a "fuck you" in jest after mccready held up three fingers after ed referred to the two shows macklemore was playing and raising money for the orion charity. jeez, maybe you weren't there either, or in the 300 section :lol:

do you really need to shit all over this show and city in this thread too?

I was there... 107 row 2 right next to the lighting booth. From there I could see the entire floor, the seats on the sides, the nosebleeds behind the stage. At no point during the show was I disappointed with this crowd (I admit 09 was pretty dead, especially night 1). Ive said it in another thread, the crowd was drowning out the entire band at times, not just Ed. The sing along thing? People really need to stop overreacting about that shit...

Side note: I was completely sober for this show, I remember it well.
    Post edited by SomethingCreative on
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    SZ303389 wrote:
    3days wrote:

Was there even a 300's section? We were in section 219, and we were second to last row behind the stage :think:

I didn't think the audience sucked, our section was pretty awesome! I agree with what others said, the reception of a show can be different depending on where you are. In Philly in GA, I sang and screamed so loud I think I hurt my diaphragm :oops: :lol: I would still say, from the shows I attended, Philly 1 was the best, crowd and show and all. But Seattle was special and by no means lame.
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346

Was there even a 300's section? We were in section 219, and we were second to last row behind the stage :think:

no... there is no 300 level... starting to wonder if this dude was even actually there or if he's just being a mega troll :roll:
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959

To be fair I kept referring to my seat in 228 as being in the back of the 300's. I guess I'm just used to other venues.